June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/25

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/25

• Sending you positive vibes, @hillbillywife ❤️
  • @hillbillywife FX for you for your u/s Tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @disgruntled_pelican keep your family muted more than not for the zoom. Also, if anyone says anything, which surely they won’t in the middle of a zoom reveal like that, but if they do just say “we’ve been talking about it more” or “we hope to have another one day boy or girl doesn’t matter to us” or “we love our wild group of girls!” The last one doesn’t address it but does divert away from it. If SIL is having a boy maybe you can say we are looking forward to spending lots of time with SIL boy. 
  • Good morning! Dreading going into work today. I've been spending about half of it in the bathroom. I work at a bakery and the smells and everything is usually so great but not so great when you are dealing with horrible morning sickness
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ruemcclanahan that has got to be super rough, I’m sorry! Hopefully it’s not too bad today. 

On an unrelated note, I laugh every time I see your name, because in my last BMB, there was a poster named EstelleGetty. What are the odds? (Unless it’s you again... 😳😂)
  • @Lisa3379 That sounds AMAZING. My parents come and help once a month but they rarely stay a week. I love when they do but I’ve gotten the impression we wear them out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Omie_Wise well, we'll see how often they come (and how long they stay) when the third kid comes!  :D
  • @Lisa3379 @Omie_Wise - Oh it is so nice when the grandparents come! My parents come visit about every 3 months and stay a week. It's fun, but then it's hard getting the girls back into a routine. My ILs help out too, but usually I just go chill at their house for a few hours while the kids play with their cousins.
  • @lisa3379 that's the dream!! I want to move back east so badly so my parents can come do that for me lmao

On another note, you know what I miss? Zantac. I miss me some Zantac. Why did it have to go and be terrible? 
  • @mindyb2019 I'm so relieved for you!! I hope your coworker is feeling better!!
  • @disgruntled_pelican my uncle is dad to 4 girls. They thought about adopting and said they would choose a girl. And his reason was that he wouldn’t want his girls to ever think they weren’t enough and that they needed to have a boy. 

If my MIL said something like that to me, I’d say something along the lines of “well girls are awesome and I’d choose a girl every time if I could”
  • @disgruntled_pelican I’m glad it went well and there was no need to give an answer.

@DoubleUp8 how is your dad doing? Feel like I haven’t seen you around too much lately.
  • @Lisa3379 haha!! When was your BMB?? A few of my friends from my old bump group changed our names to all be the golden girls 🤣 it's probably the same person
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ha! This baby is totally the result of a
    mostly poorly executed gender sway. We want a little girl so badly but we’d be pleased as punch to have 3 boys. I’m already making notes to my future self about how to be a wonderful MIL. I totally understand the frustration of people constantly commenting on the missing gender, though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @disgruntled_pelican - We have two girls and I'm kind of hoping for a 3rd. DH really wants a boy though, so I'd be happy either way. I'd hate for people to think that we decided to have another to "try for a boy".
  • I am massively behind on this board and so sorry. We had a major work situation this week and I was just so exhausted every night. But I’ll be better! 

I did a 12.5 km bike ride today and I am exhausted. And it was super windy. I’m so glad it’s Friday! We’re very busy this weekend but it’ll be a fun weekend. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @AKuzReve don't feel bad. I'm super behind too. This week has been crazy over here as well. I have a photoshoot tomorrow evening and I'm just hoping I can get through it without completely crashing. Hope you have an awesome weekend!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @Lisa3379 haha yes!! That's one of my best friends! We have S16ers together
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg im 8 weeks today and the Blump is real 😆 so bad. 
  • @mindyb2019 I literally look 6 months pregnant today 🤣🤣 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ruemcclanahan 😆 I feel ya girl. So do I haha.
  • @ruemcclanahan - I feel ya. I’ve lost like 10 lbs in 3 weeks and even still I couldn’t get my jeans to button this morning because of all the bloat. 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • +1 to losing weight but still having tight pants. Some times I feel so pregnant when I move around even though it just bloat. 
  • @klj0228 thanks for checking in. sorry I haven't been around. I've been lurking. I work at a university in alumni programming and Thursday was the start of our virtual alumni and homecoming weekend. I have been swamped and worked 9-9 on Thursday and Friday. Great when you are nauseous all day. Thank God for unisom and b6!

I'm exhausted and though we didn't plan any alumni programming for Halloween day, I'm crazy and we invited over the two boys and their family that we have been "bubbling" with for pizza and trick or treating. We live in the village of our town and they live outside of the village center, so they don't have good trick or treating because the neighbors are too far apart. I'll be on again starting next week as things calm down after alumni weekend, DS's birthday (he turned 6 on Tuesday), and Halloween.

My dad is ok. He had another procedure this week. Fluid was building up on his eye because the scarring on his cornea was not letting fluids to exit the eye as it's supposed to. He needed a laser treatment to remove the scarring. The laser was really painful, but it seems to have helped the issue so he is not having pressure build in the eye to the point of severe pain anymore. They are dinner he will regain any sight at this time, but still hoping to save the eye for aesthetic reasons. Still trying to keep up hope since this is just such a bizarre, rare, and unknown thing, and the doctors really don't know much about it.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @mc0303 wtf? Is that for real??? 😳 
  • @mindyb2019 that’s literally how she acted!! 😂🙈 Such a sociopath. She’s #dead to us. 
  • @mc0303 wow really?? Thats brutal. I would be pissed. Who acts like that?? I dont blame you. She would be dead to me too 😆
  • @mc0303 omg I’m so sorry that was the experience with your MIL! I hope you have a lot of very excited family members soon to hear the news! ...but I have to say that video cracked me up “you’re pregnant....with a child...”  :D 
  • @ashleyjillian15 I’ve been so angry for days. But after seeing this, there’s nothing to do but laugh. MH sent her the video...no response yet 👀💀  

honestly just so happy it’s not for our first bc that would’ve killed me 
  • @mc0303 omg That’s awful.  My mother is like that.  I’m actually excited to tell her this time since my sister is pregnant too we can both get crappy reactions together.   I actually prefer my in laws over my parents lol 😂 
  • @mc0303 I’m sorry your MIL reacted like that. That video is funny!
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @mc0303 Sorry that was her reaction! But I find it hilarious that YH sent her the video. 
  • _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited November 2020
    @mc0303 sorry this was her reaction. My own mother reacted like this for DS1, except instead of puking she had to go outside to smoke 🙄

Edited to add she also scheduled an elective surgery the day before my due date, and told me the week before that she probably wouldn't be there for it. I told her NBD (this is her style and she thrives off upset reactions) and miraculously she was able to drive to my hospital (against her drs orders) to be there for the birth of her 1st grandchild. Some people just don't get it