May 2021 Moms

STM+ Check In Week of 10/14

How far along are you?

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay?

Re: STM+ Check In Week of 10/14

• How far along are you? 10w3d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 - Caleb who is 5 and Owen who is 22 months

Rants/Raves: GAH! I got an email from Caleb's school at 6pm last night saying someone at the school tested positive for COVID. They said that if the sick child came in contact with our child, then we'd be receiving a phone call. Needless to say, that was a rough couple of hours! Thankfully no phone call!!!  I was so afraid of doing virtual school for 2 weeks! :s 

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? YAY! I love the ones shaped like pumpkins!

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• How far along are you? 9+2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One 2 year old

Rants/Raves: Had a good first appointment yesterday. Also got more Zofran. DS has been really fussy lately. I feel bad because we're throwing off his normal schedule with me being too sick to help with much. 

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? I actually like candy corn. It's not my favorite fall candy but I won't turn it down if offered. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 11+4! Oldest baby here 😉

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 of my own: almost 14, 9, and almost 4. I also nanny from my home for another almost 4, and almost 1. Sometimes it feels like I have 5 children, then two go home and it’s so much easier! Lol

Rants/Raves: I wish I had started this pregnancy at my regular weight, but I had gained 15 thanks to covid and not being able to go to the YMCA. Everyone keeps telling me to workout at home, but I’m so exhausted, unmotivated, and can barely get any alone time. 

You guys have been great so far, I love my bump groups! You’re also a great distraction from how terrible things are in the world right now. I have taken a little break from watching the news.

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? I always think yay, then I eat it and am disappointed. So nay. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @skilledsailor So glad you got a Zofran refill!
    @yellingbanana This is the most I've weighed when pregnant, which is a bummer.  I, too, am way too tired for exercise.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• How far along are you? 10+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One daughter (initials are OG which we call her half the time so that's probably how I'll refer to her on this check in from now on) who will be 3 in January. 

Rants/Raves: *Insert my usual "so over this nausea" rant here.* Our 8 year wedding anniversary was yesterday and DH made me one of my favorite meals and I couldn't even finish half of it.

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? Give me allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of the candy corn! Especially the pumpkins.

@texas_t so glad you didn't get a call! And heck yes pumpkin shaped candy corn!

@skilledsailor yay for a zofran refill! I have about a week left so I'm going to ask for a refill at my appointment on Monday. It doesn't feel like it does much for me these days but then again I'd hate to test to see what it's like without taking it. 

@yellingbanana I feel you. I'm 30lbs heavier than I started my last pregnancy (and I was about 30-40lbs heavier than I wanted to be then) and I wanted to be active this pregnancy and try to be as fit as possible but I don't have the energy to do anything and I always feel too sick to even try. I'm hoping I just have a couple of more weeks of feeling like this and then can at least start going for walks and doing some light strength training. I gained 46lbs last time (primarily in the 3rd tri) and I'm hoping I don't gain nearly that this time. 
  • @gusgus14 Remind me, are you taking zofran?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• How far along are you? 8+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 boys, 4, will be 3 Saturday!, 1

Rants/Raves: not sure if this is a rant or rave, but my department is doing a virtual game night/happy hour tomorrow. We're only 13 people, and we're going to play Family Feud. It's from 4-6, part of me is excited to have something social, and I like my co-workers, but part of me is annoyed that I'm having to give up work time, AND personal time that I don't have. I did warn them that we may have junior auditors joining us after my nanny leaves at 5.

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? I recall liking it as a child, but I have not had it in years, so no idea.

@texas_t those emails are so nerve wracking. We got an email with a policy reminder, and my heart stopped for a minute when I saw COVID-19 in the subject line before I read the whole thing. So glad you didn't get a call.

@skilledsailor so glad your appointment went well.

@yellingbanana I know you didn't ask for advice, so you can ignore me, but I love MommaStrong, it's an exercise program created for moms by moms, that's all about staying healthy and improving functional strength. It's only 5 or 15 minutes a day, and they have a pregnancy track. (It's currently website only and $5 a month, they did announce they will be releasing an app in the winter at which point the price will go up to $12 a month.) 

@gusgus14 Happy belated anniversary!!

• How far along are you? 9 weeks 5 days

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy

Rants/Raves: Rant-my dad has surgery today so I had to wake up at 3am to go pick him up and take him. I didn't sleep well and am worried so I just feel bad overall. Hopefully all goes well and this can become a rave!

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? NAY, I too always want to like it but nope it's terrible! 

• @alyj2020 Praying for a successful surgery for your dad!  <3
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t yep! It helped great at first and now it's hit or miss whether I feel decent or not. I'm going to talk to my doctor on Monday at my appointment because I'm almost out of my prescription and see if there's anything else to try and if not just get a refill of the zofran and struggle through for a few more weeks (pleeeaaaaase let it let up in the second tri!). Zofran is not the first thing I've tried and I'm not sure what else is left. 
    @mrosek91 thank you! Hope Family Feud ends up being enjoyable!
    @alyj2020 - I hope your dad has a successful surgery!
  • @gusgus14 There must be something left because the midwife I saw yesterday asked me three times if I was sure the Zofran is enough. It definitely doesn't fix all nausea for me. I still only have about 7 things I can eat. But I'm able to do my computer work and do the bare minimum of childcare. Hoping that's enough for a couple more weeks. 

@yellingbanana 100% with you being too tired to work out right now. My goal is to start working out again around 14 weeks, even if it's just walks and pelvic floor exercises. Until then, I'm just caving to the 1st tri nausea and exhaustion. 
  • @SkilledSailor that's good to know! Definitely going to ask on Monday. My eating is so hit or miss. I still typically eat 3-4 times a day but I cannot think about food until I need to make a decision on what to eat and I can't always finish a meal. On my office days I have to power through but my two work from home days every week I spend a lot of time on the sofa and DH has done a lot of solo dinner/bath/bed nights for the toddler. I'm a lazy person in general but even for me there's just been too much lying around. I only like doing it when it's optional and not when it's the only thing that makes me feel even slightly human lol.
  • @alyj2020 hope your dad has a successful surgery! 

• How far along are you? 10 weeks

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One daughter, 2 years old

Rants/Raves: currently filing for unemployment AGAIN after being furloughed without pay, then laid off but paid 2 months severance. This process is horrible!

Wondering if anyone else in a cold winter climate has toddlers who are not in daycare? Curious what others plans are for winter when outdoor activities are a no-go. The thought of being stuck at home every day again is giving me anxiety! We go to gymnastics twice a week so that may be the extent of our outings to be safe.

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? Nah

• @ckmb_1250 Oh no, I'm so sorry about having to deal with all that while you're pregnant.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t thank you! To be honest I think I’d be more stressed out having my daughter in childcare right now so in a lot of ways it has been positive! Weird times.
  • How far along are you? 8w5d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 Girls (6,5, and 1)

Rants/Raves: @yellingbanana I hear you girl. I was still working on losing baby weight and about 6lbs from my goal weight, and have already gained 4lbs. ugh. With every pregnancy i promise myself i wont gain alot and ill exercise and eat great and then that goes out the window (i was only consistent with my first). Every day i tell myself ill work out but i have zero motivation.

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? Hmm..i cant really say no to candy in general, if i had candy corn and other candy it would be my last choice but if it was all that I had in the house, id eat it. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    8 weeks

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 12 month son

Rants/Raves: There seems to be weight rant trend right now, so I will comment. My husband really bothered me about my weight. I'm slim, never had a problem with my weight and love food. I only gained 25 lbs during my first pregnancy and within a week of DS's birth my DH started to ask when I would look weight. I started to feel bad when I ate, which is terrible because lactating moms are starving moms and it was really frustrating for me. I hate being hungry but I sometimes if I feel judged or confused or busy I will put of eating to escape the judging. 
    Anyways, in the last couple of months I have realized that the scale has been showing my original weight and I have felt really calm because of that. 
    But I am dreading the weight gain a little because my DH doesn't seem to understand. And I really start suppressing my hunger and stop listening to my body if I think I might be judged. 

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? Yay!!!!!! 
  • @littlelibelula wow, I have a lot of feelings about that but I don't know if voicing them will be helpful, so I'll just say I'm so sorry. 😬
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• How far along are you? 9w2d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? one DS who will be 2 next Wednesday

Rants/Raves: I'm also hating not having the energy to work out. I normally get up and get a workout in before work but most nights I sleep terrible so it's hard to get out of bed. After work is not an option because I usually crawl in bed for a bit before DH and DS get home. 

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? meh...I'll usually eat it but it's definitely not my favorite.

Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @alyj2020 hope everything went well for your dad yesterday!!

@littlelibelula So sorry YH makes you feel that way. Pregnancy weight gain is so different and your body needs the nutrition. Hopefully he can get that figured out soon and stop the judgement. 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • How far along are you? 8+4 base on LMP or 8+6 based on measurement 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? I have a 4 year old daughter

Rants/Raves: We told me mom and in laws last night, oh and my daughter told my sister.  That was fun.  everyone is really excited! I;m glad the most important people know now.  

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? yay.  It's not a must have, but I definitely like it 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @littlelibelula I'm sorry he made comments about your weight back then. Have you ever talked to him about how it makes you feel.  I'm hoping he's just unaware, sometimes men are blissfully ignorant.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• How far along are you? 9 weeks 2 days

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 kiddos - 12, 9 and 4

Rants/Raves: Zofran is such a bittersweet drug! Beyond thankful for it getting me through the day but am I the only one extremely constipated 😭😭😭😭. I have the entire house to myself Friday - Sunday... and absolutely no plans. I couldn’t be more thrilled! 

GTKY: Candy corn - yay or nay? Ummm pretty neutral on this one. I don’t dislike it but I’m more a fan of sour candies and gummies! 

• @brynn_mamaof4 nope, go forth and get you some miralax  :D
  • @mkc3888 I've talked to my DH several times, and I think he is self conscious about gaining weight and wants to help me so I don't get to that point. Even though he doesn't really understand, I just try to remind and educate him on the differences between pregnant, post pregnant and breastfeeding compared to the normal needs of women. He's usually ok about it, but I never want to get to the point where I always say I'm fat, when I been blessed with a high metabolism and good weight.

@texas_t I hope I wasn't being offensive or putting down anyone really struggling with weight loss. 
  • @littlelibelula oh not at all! I just didn't want to say anything offensive toward your husband, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @littlelibelula that’s pretty crazy. Also, can I tell you how jealous of your low weight gain I am? I gain a minimum of 50lbs while pregnant, with my max at 70lbs. And I eat healthy, don’t overeat, etc. I lose half quickly, then it usually takes my about 3 or 4 years to get rid of the rest. 
    But please eat, and I think it would be a good idea to talk to your husband about watching what he says. How it has an impact on you, your eating habits, and the unnecessary pressure that it puts on you. 
    Best of luck! Keep us posted.