June 2021 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying....

What crazy/stupid/silly thing has you crying?

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying....

• Options
    I watched the Schitt’s Creek special on Netflix last night. It’s about 45 minutes long and I’m pretty sure I sobbed through about 30 minutes of it. 

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH had the shutters on our house painted the color I wanted while I was away helping my dad. It was a great surprise to come home to and it was so thoughtful I cried. 
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    I cried last night cause I couldn't get my 2 earrings out of my ear cause the backing was stuck and jammed. 😆 Full on meltdown trying to yank them out LOL 
  • Options
    Ok my reasons for crying are actually legit and I’d probably be crying this week if I wasn’t pregnant. Just a lot going on. 2 year old has her molars coming in. We’re in week 3 of potty training and she still consistently holding her poop and in pain because of it. THEN to top it off she figured out how to climb out of her crib so we had to transition to a toddler bed. It’s been a rough one. 
  • Options
    @Maggie1202 OMG Schitt’s Creek special 😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    @kaw726 OMG those stupid 2 year molars! My little one is getting hers too. I have no patience for what has ensued. Good luck with crib transition! Have you tried the book everybody poops? Or Daniel Tigers episode on the potty? It helped us so much. 
  • Options
    @kaw726 @ramzlau those stupid 2 year molars! We are on our last one thankfully.

I have been crying today because I am so tired. Instead of sleeping my in-laws are here and it is pouring rain, but they won’t come in my house so everyone is on the porch. I am laying in my bed though until someone decides to come find me. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 why won’t your in-laws come inside your house? 
  • Options
    @klj0228 why won’t your in-laws come inside your house? 
    My FIL is allergic to cats and we have three. Plus, they are germaphobes and think any house with inside animals is unsanitary. They come in on Christmas morning and have brunch, but that’s it. And even then we clean our house top to bottom and move all rugs to our basement. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 wow!! Your in-laws sound very anal lol that's weird they think any house with animals is unsanitary 🤨 I have animals. They would hate my house too 😆
  • Options
    @klj0228 wow you in laws sound like a lot. They would avoid my house like the plague. I’ve got two cats and a puppy. My house is never white glove clean 😆

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 @Maggie1202 our house never white glove clean either. The positive thing about it is that they never overstay their welcome. 🤷‍♀️ I think it’s a little strange because I grew up in a fairly small house with 3 dogs and 3 kids. I have learned it is how they are no matter where they go and try not to be too offended.
  • Options
    What worked for us was a combo of diet (avocado, olive oil, berries, whole wheat toast, beans) to make it harder for 2 year-old DD to hold onto her poop for days and then several books on poop to help her understand what was going on (where’s the poop? I don’t want to go to the toilet, Softie the Poop). She’s a big bookworm, so leaning into her how she liked to learn helped. 
  • Options
    @kaw726 still figuring out how to reply to a specific post, but my thoughts were for you on potty training and poop! It’s a whole new level of using the toilet
  • Options
    @llamamamawearspajamapants haha I saw the poop advice and knew IMMEDIATELY it was for me 😂 we’ve done all the diet changes but I just also ordered some books! It breaks my heart, she’s clearly in so much pain from holding it but just won’t let it go
  • Options
    @kaw726 remind me again how old potty training LO is? Sometimes it just takes them a little while to be comfortable with pooping in the potty. DS struggled for a long time and then ended up being diagnosed with encopresis. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    I ordered an egg Mc muffin this morning with Ham on it and they F*ucked up the order and just put egg on it and now im crying lol I really wanted the meat 😥 god hormones suck lol 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I feel you! The food disappointment is real.  I cried over wilted lettuce yesterday.  I was craving a salad with Italian dressing and absolutely lost it when I saw the lettuce we had just bought was already old. 
  • Options
    mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited November 2020
    @artsiefartsie The food disappoint is soo real! I legit feel like a 2 year old crying over something stupid and having a meltdown Lol.  Sorry you cried over wilted lettuce. 
  • Options
    @llamamamawearspajamapants haha that sounds about right. I need naps and snacks too girl LOL 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019, @artsiefartsie, and @legallykate I cried over a leftover chicken sandwich I have in the fridge that DH ate when I was about 7 months pregnant with DS. I had been putting the crib together for hours just thinking about rewarding myself, and I was beside myself. 

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 oh man. I would have lost it lol Damn DH
  • Options
    @doubleup8 my H is bad about eating whatever leftovers are in the fridge. Most of the time it doesn’t bother me, but every once in a while there is something in there I really want. I now stake my claim on things I am certain I want to eat later. 

I cried yesterday because I want to be able to stay home and work since I’m so sick, but things are so hectic and I’m having to support someone else doing a role they don’t normally do. She has told me twice this week I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here. Yesterday she was out and the normal person was in and said something about I should be at home since I was miserable. I lost it. 
  • Options
    @wendy838 It's rare for me to get mad (irritated, yes, but not actual anger), but I was *seething*. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 oh it sucks being that mad at work. Have you told them yet? 

I enjoy the anonymity of co-workers not knowing yet. On the other hand these are tough times and they can’t even try to accommodate what they don’t know. 
  • Options
    @wendy838 OMG!! I’m dying over here this morning at your “dropkick my husband out of the passenger side” 😆🤣😂 
  • Options
    I watched American Murder: The family next door and I cried for 2 days. We watched it before bed and I literally sobbed myself to sleep and then every time I thought about it the next 2 days I cried. 
    It was good if you like crime stuff but so heavy. 
  • Options
    @kristah2 Really good, but heartbreakingly sad. It's hard to believe someone could do that to other human beings, let alone children.

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Options
    @llamamamawearspajamapants I have told my office mate and my boss. So they aren’t in the total dark and have offered to allow me to wfh on the worst days, but I feel like I am causing more stress for others if I’m not here so I suck it up.
  • Options
    @klj0228 that's so hard. I know I am itching to tell people, especially as we start planning programs for 2021. It is so hard to bite my tongue when people suggest me helping with projects over the summer. For now, I just nod and smile. Once we have the NIPT, I plan to tell my whole team at work. 

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 completely understandable wanting to wait a little longer. You should have results soon, right? I am looking forward to sharing with everyone, but also kind of enjoy having a secret.