February 2021 Moms

Maternity clothes

13»

Re: Maternity clothes

• @birdiejo I feel the same way with the Blanqi workout leggings. I wore them a lot pre-pregnancy and they were perfect but feel too constricting over my pelvis now, so I think they’re mostly regular life leggings that can fit through early pregnancy. It’s misleading how they show them fitting over a good-size bump on their website.
  • @birdiejo @hannahbananas11 I just ordered some Blanqi leggings as well. I got the workout ones that were on sale for post partum and the full panel maternity leggings for pregnancy?! We’ll see how it goes!
  • Loading the player...
  • @andylandy511 I have the full-panel ones, too, and really like them. I hope they work for you!
  • I really like the full panel ones as well. Super comfy. I will be living in leggings once it gets cooler. @andylandy511 @hannahbananas11
  • I forgot to update here, but I hated my LeTote box. I signed up and was immediately disappointed in my options. I'm not sure if they just don't have a lot to offer in my size or if they don't offer a lot in maternity or what but I had a hard time finding 5 items that I really liked and was excited about. Pre-pregnancy I was a size 12 in pants and dresses and a Large/XL in tops. Here's what I got: 

1 pair of maternity overalls: I wanted these to be cute so bad but they were so awkward. The legs were too long but the belly was way too tight. They just were not a win. Never wore them. price to purchase: $18

1 colorful patterned dress: This dress was cute but I was disappointed that the material was cheap feeling.  price to purchase: $8

2 work type blouses: 1 of these was shown as a maternity shirt with very pregnant women wearing it on the website but it was just a regular top. If I had known that ahead of time I would have sized up. Both shirts were unflattering and a little tight. price to purchase: $10/$8

1 plain black maternity top: This was my favorite thing in the box. It had a nice scoop neck that scooped in the back as well. It was ruched on the sides and fitted so it was very flattering. BUT it was just a plain black shirt and the material was the opposite of breathable. price to purchase: $15

The monthly cost of the subscription for 5 pieces a month was $84.95. Ultimately I cancelled my subscription. I'm sure if I had given feedback my boxes would get better over time but I don't want to invest $85 a month to maybe get to wear a few pieces I like. 

Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @tamalahoops - I'm sorry you had a bad experience! I remembered hearing the advertisements for them but have never taken the plunge myself. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @tamalahoops well that sucks. Sorry for your experience. 
  • @tamalahoops Yikes! That's really too bad. I've always been curious about those subscription clothing boxes, but never took the dive because of stories like yours! That's a lot to spend up front just to not find anything exciting that you love. Sorry that it didn't work out!
  • @hannahbananas11 @mdfarmchick @WildMagelet I'm glad I tried it! I thought maybe if I could "rent" maternity clothes it would be cheaper but not so much. I have had awesome luck with some amazon finds so I now have pants to wear out of the house! 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• @tamalahoops please share your amazon secrets! The only leggings I bought from amazon are like tights and can only be worn around the house 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @babymamadino I got these in black 

Motherhood Maternity Women's Maternity Essential Stretch Full Length Secret Fit Belly Leggings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WUE9VA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jZlwFb04A8CM4
  • @birdiejo thank you! Just added them to my cart!
  • Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• @tamalahoops ooooh those are super cute! I want to buy them but potentially might not be going anywhere besides the grocery store and target til I have this baby 🤪. Might not need cute jeans. Or do I..... 
  • Does anyone have reccomendations for a good maternity winter coat? I know we have some time, but it has been COLD in CO the last few days (luckily it's supposed to be back up in the 80s this weekend), and it got me thinking about it. Based on preliminary research, the ones I see are really not cute. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on one, but I need something warm to wear for all the mountain lodge hanging I will be doing this winter  :)
  • @kkfishy9 I had this coat  (currently $88 on Amazon) when I was pregnant with my son (also a February baby, so I wore it for the same months of winter that you'll be needing a coat for). It worked well. It was mainly for winter in Atlanta (mid-30s on average with no snow) and for a couple days in Alaska (it was 20s then, but we didn't spend much time outside). It wasn't super fancy looking, but it kept me warm and didn't look dumpy. If you're just looking for a coat for running errands and stuff you'd be fine with this. If you want to wear it for snowshoeing or longer times being outside, you'd definitely need to layer quite a bit since it wasn't very thick.
    This time around I bought a down coat from Seraphine. It was quite a lot more expensive (upper $100s), but I'm in Alaska and my H and I spend a lot of time outside in the winter snowshoeing and such, so it'll be put to really good use. I just looked and it's sold out, but Seraphine has other down coats on their site that are still available. It fit very well, looked nice, and can also be worn over a baby carrier (front carriers like the Tula) which will be handy come February.
  • @hannahbananas11 thank you!! I'll take a look at both options. I'll be outdoors quite a bit too, so I am thinking I'll invest in something nice-ish, but didn't want to break the bank.
  • edited September 2020
    @kkfishy9 you might also check Gap. I just looked and they have two warm-looking maternity coats on sale right now. My friend in Canada got a winter coat from them when she was pregnant that she gave to me. It was a size too small so I passed it on to another friend, but it seemed like good quality. https://www.gap.com/products/maternity-winter-coat.jsp
  • I really hate being cold and have a lot of expensive jackets to match the right weather (my husband will probably leave me if I come home with another lol), so I thought about buying a jacket extender so I can just wear my own. Anyone have any experience? Something like this:

https://makemybellyfit.com/?currency=USD

• @manditchka24 it’s expensive, but if it will replace two or more coat purchases, then it’s probably a smart buy! Is it long enough for your winter coat?
  • @birdiejo @tamalahoops my leggings came today and they are amazing!! I want more!
  • Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! 
    I am at the point where I keep trying to wear my regular clothes and end up getting frustrated and throwing on a loose dress. I'm in California so I'll still be experiencing warm weather throughout the pregnancy so if anyone has suggestions specifically for warm weather clothes such as shorts, shorter dresses, tanks, etc. please share! 
    I also don't know what size of things to order since dressing rooms are closed and it seems like such a pain to go buy a bunch of clothes and return them... I've read to just order the size you normally are pre-pregnancy and that should accommodate your growing belly, is that right? 

Also, I looked for a discussion on maternity/nursing bras and didn't see one so I apologize if there is one but I am in desperate need of new bras (I prefer no underwire) and sports bras as I have outgrown mine already and I'm at 18+2. Not sure how much more my breasts are going to grow during pregnancy and after so what would you guys recommend? Buy what fits now or slightly larger to leave room? Buy nursing bras now instead of just maternity bras so I can use them postpartum as well? 

As a FTM I appreciate all of your input!! 
  • @babyturtle22 I really like the tank tops from Target’s maternity section! I wear those most days with leggings and one of my non-maternity cardigans (though you could nix the cardigan).

My favorite nursing bra is the Bravado nursing bra. I had two and wore them daily for over a year as I was nursing DS. They held up really well and are true to size. I sized up for one, and went with my pre-pregnancy size for the other. I used both at various times (my boobs were a full cup size larger soon after DS was born, but got smaller again later in the nursing journey and I ended up back at my prenatal size.) Here’s the Amazon link for it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DX6XLSQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_scXxFbVY5YHJD
  • I ordered two shirts and jeans from GlamPunch brand off Amazon. The shirts are awesome and so soft! I got a long sleeve and short sleeve that tie at the bust. I really hope they hold up well. The jeans were well made and fit ok. I'm 5'11" and they hit me mid calf but I planned on wearing them with boots so that's fine. I don't think my butt fills them out enough. They are an underbelly style and are less awkward than the full panel to hike up so I guess I'll keep them and hope they fit better once I get a bit bigger
  • @babyturtle22 - Like @hannahbananas11, I've had really good luck with the tanks at Target. I think I own like 5-6 colors that I either layer or wear with a short sleeve open-front tee.

https://www.target.com/p/maternity-scoop-neck-tank-top-isabel-maternity-by-ingrid-isabel-153/-/A-54237244?preselect=52318969#lnk=sametab

I've also been pretty much living in the Auden seamless nursing bras for months. 

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-nursing-seamless-bra-auden-153/-/A-54236901?preselect=54173422#lnk=sametab
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @hannahbananas11 and @WildMagelet thanks for the suggestions!  I am going to head to Target today to check out their stuff. Also going to order the Bravado bra from Amazon! 
  • @babyturtle22 for bras I am the same way you are, hate an underwire and mostly do sports bras if I wear one at all. I bought 3 of these: https://www.motherhood.com/collections/nursing-bras/products/seamless-spacedye-maternity-and-nursing-bra-006-94215-006-001 and they are so comfy I am still wearing them. As for clothing sizes I sized up one size for most of my maternity stuff except pants, those I got the same. The reason I sized up is I wanted things to be a little loose, it is just lore comfortable for me. Most tanks and basic shirts I got from motherhood maternity and they held up just fine, fancier stuff and pants were all stitch fix.