May 2021 Moms

Symptoms w/o 9/14

Hope everyone had an amazing, restful weekend. Kicking off our symptoms thread for the week.
Me (5+6): Pee breaks have increased to the point of not getting great sleep last night since I was getting up so much. My nose is stuffed up and boob tenderness has returned. On the other hand, hunger/thirst seems to have returned to normal but I'm still eating mostly carbs (which is not like me. had a cookie for breakfast lol).

Re: Symptoms w/o 9/14

• Loading the player...
  • mimser said:
    oh um also (tmi), is anybody else feeling really wet down there? ... I'm 4w5d.
    Maybe related/def TMI: I've had a couple of "sex dreams," which is totally abnormal for me and just a bit alarming 😅. I'm chalking it all up to hormones.
  • @ec1212 +1 to the inappropriate dreams, lol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @mimser yes! a few times before I tested I was sure my period was started, went to the bathroom, and it was just discharge.
    Not too many symptoms here yet, mostly just crying at the drop of a hat, but the bathroom visits are starting to ramp up (already) and I have had the occasional odd dream. I'm only 4+4, so I'm sure more is on it's way.
  • Finally have symptoms! Yay/boo. 5 weeks today with breast soreness, queasiness off and on all day, shortness of breath, and bouts of exhaustion. 
  • @ec1212 @texas_t Also had a few sexy dreams. They actually started around 9-10DPO and made me think I was pregnant
  • @mimser Dreams were also how I suspected I was pregnant!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Oh and look at that, boobs are slightly sore this afternoon!
  • Anyone else freezing?! I’ve been so cold. Also all the other things- super tired, sore boobs, etc. Just so cold, almost how you feel cold and achy when you have a fever (and I checked, no fever). 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @yellingbanana yes! I’ve had a chill even though there was a record-breaking heat wave in my area last week. The irony! My neighbors must think I’m nuts in my chunky sweater.

Plus sore boobs, fatigue, night-peeing and some strong smell aversions. All the fun stuff! lol (5+4)
  • Apparently Zoom meetings are a trigger for my nausea so the next few months are going to be real fun. 
  • @SkilledSailor oh no! That's crappy! The last few days I've been getting nauseated at night when I'm laying down in bed, so that's a weird new development.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @yellingbanana I usually only feel cold at home when I'm sick and I have been noticing being colder lately.  I usually use a blanket we keep on the couch and I was still cold and had to get my down comforter to be comfy.

In other symptoms.  I thought I had sore boobs, but I had a  boil develop next to my nipple.  I went to the OBGYN and had it lanced and no more sore boobbs.  I toldd my former labor/delivery nurse friend and she said many older (30+) moms have oil glands on the nipples get clogged with skin cells and that exfoliating the area can help prevent.  So this momma will start exfoliating her boobs!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @ec1212 @mimser sex dreams here too, and had them last pregnancy at the same time 
  • My poor nipples are excruciatingly sore. Each time my daughter latches it makes me gasp because it hurts. I don't know how I'm going to make it 35 more weeks if she doesn't wean...  :s I don't even remember them being remotely sensitive last time. At first I liked the reassurance that I was pregnant, but now I have mixed feelings about that kind of reassurance lol
  • 6 weeks today and the nausea has started 😩
  • @conchispita Drinking enough water is always a struggle for me. Lemon water helped last time. I guess the tartness helped with nausea? Lemonade not so much.
  • @SkilledSailor I’m going to try that, lemon everything sounds good
  • @conchispita also try the lemon sparkling water, smoothies, soup, and ice! All count!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Not a huge change in symptoms for me (5w+4). I'm super bloated by the end of the day, and definitely have a hightened sense of smell. Waves of exhaustion come and go and a little nausea if I go too long without eating. 

• Anybody else puking yet? Just me...?  It’s rough. My coworkers are going to find out way before I want them to this time. 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • @JessKo08 My body loathes actually puking so no on that front but I have started dry heaving this morning. Very thankful I don't work in an office. Very thankful I tend to feel better in the afternoons when clients want to see houses. Tomorrow morning's clients are likely getting a not so pleasant pregnancy announcement though. 
  • Does anyone here take Unisom + b6 to help with nausea? I’ve always heard of it but never took it for my first 2 pregnancies. My H ran out to get this am cuz I was feeling worse today, and he could only find Unisom sleep tablets. Is that what we’re supposed to take? He got it but I didn’t take it cuz I have to take care of my kids and work later so I’d didn’t want to be sleepy lol 
  • @SkilledSailor I can’t puke either! I wish I could honestly cuz then I’d feel better. I mean I definitely have a few times each pregnancy but it’s difficult to get my body to do it
  • @julianne0 Exactly! Like instead we never get that moment of relief, just constant gagging. I did unisom + b6 last time. I started it early this time in preparation and realized the unisom makes me feel a bit worse in the morning. Not nauseated but extremely thirsty and groggy. So I'm only doing b6 for now until being groggy is better than the nausea, which will likely be tomorrow. Also yes, the tablets. I break them in half. 
  • @julianne0 I'm pretty sure the Unisom sleep tabs is what you're looking for, in combination with B6

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Hate water today. Taking y’all’s suggestion and asking DH to pick up some lemon flavored drinks. No MS yet but stomach is feeling off yesterday and today so it’s back on the carb train. Got some protein in past couple days so hoping that holds me since carbs don’t keep me full that long. But I don’t really feel like eating even when I am hungry. 
  • ec1212 said:
    Hate water today. Taking y’all’s suggestion and asking DH to pick up some lemon flavored drinks. No MS yet but stomach is feeling off yesterday and today so it’s back on the carb train. Got some protein in past couple days so hoping that holds me since carbs don’t keep me full that long. But I don’t really feel like eating even when I am hungry. 
    Yes! Yesterday H asked why I was so snippy. Um because I’ve been nauseated for days and I’m hungry but can’t eat. I hope the lemon flavored drinks help! I’ve been doing a lot of smoothies to get nutrients without that “eating” feeling, which is weird to say.
  • @SkilledSailor this pregnancy thing is wild. Even tho I don't have any of the classic "big" early symptoms, I'm realizing I have enough of the small ones combined to have to take things hour by hour. I'm going to start trying to block my calendar for an hour between 1-3pm every day because I have to lie down. I've become allergic to cooking. Food and drink preferences change by the minute. I get dizzy every time I stand up. I have the attention span of a gnat. Oy.
  • @ec1212 Haha yes to the preferences changing constantly! I don't remember this being as big of an issue last pregnancy but this time I will literally start off chowing down on something thinking it's finally hitting the spot and randomly mid-chew a switch goes off and I suddenly can't stand another bite. 
  • @SkilledSailor that happened to me today! I really wanted mayo so I made a huge turkey sandwich and then halfway through it tasted gross 😂
  • The lemon drinks were A++! Hubby got me 3 different ones...Lemon Perfect and 2 seltzers. The only upside to drinking less yesterday was only getting up 6 times to pee last night instead of 8-10. 😹 Will get more with groceries next wk. 
  • Woooo y'all I thought today was going to be the day  :| I nearly vomited on my way to work. One of my issues right now is that I can't eat first thing in the morning because I have to take my thyroid medication in the mornings on an empty stomach and can't eat for 30 minutes afterward. So by the time I get up, get ready, take my meds, and wait 30 minutes I've been up and feeling nauseated for an hour and today it was almost too much. I had stopped to pick up breakfast on my way in so I opened that and ate a few bites to help because I just needed something right at that moment. Super hoping this will just be a first tri thing for me and not the whole pregnancy like some people experience. 
  • @gusgus14 that sounds rough, glad your we able to about catastrophe. Not sure if this would work for you, but I keep my thyroid medicine and a water bottle on my nightstand, and I take it as soon as I wake up, that way I can eat by the time I'm ready.
  • Sounds like we’re all nauseated and miserable here. Sorry ladies. I did find some temporary relief yesterday afternoon while drinking a large fountain coke from McDonalds. Not a huge soda drinker at baseline, but that really hit the spot. 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • I've been bloated and achy. Peeing a lot. Dizzy if I move too much. I was on my high horse until this morning when I felt the first wave of nausea hit me. I've got preggy pop drops on hand and B6. Still need to get the Unisom. I thought I'd have more time (I'm 4w6d) b/c my MS didn't kick in until 6-7 weeks in my previous pregnancies. 

I have struggled with insomnia this time which I never had before. I'm tired in the afternoons, but feel pretty good for the most part. I'm used to drinking flavored sparkling water, but now I just want plain. @yellingbanana I've been freezing, too! @SkilledSailor I'm a dry heaver, too. It's not fun at all. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @gusgus14 Set your alarm for 4am and take it then, go pee, and then go back to bed. When you wake up, eat something immediately!

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Coffee is my love language, but pregnant me has decided that's not gonna work.  The thought makes me instantly pukey.  I also typically love diet coke, and same thing with that.  I'm currently working on ways to get some caffeine with out my previous 2 soulmates.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*