November 2020 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating

124»

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating

• Options
    When I find sometime good to eat, I have a hard time stopping and then after stuffing myself a few times I get sick of whatever it was and don't want anything to do with it🙄 right now it's veggies and dip! A whole carrot and a cup with some ranch at the bottom🤗 better for me than the brownies I couldn't stop eating the other day😅
  • Options
    I  am still loving anything with red sauce!!! Pasta, pizza, cheese sticks just so I can have the sauce with it lol. A few days ago I squeezed ketchup in my mouth lol!! Idk what is causing this. Thank goodness for tums!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How old am I? Why am I craving Chef Boyardee Ravoli? 🤣 I don’t know why they have been on my mind since last night.
  • Options
    @potofgolden yummmmm!!!! I want anything with that red sauce, Kroger has them 10/$10 and I may have brought 10 cans lol
  • Options
    Latest craving is ice cream every night after dinner 😬 I made banana “nice cream” last night as a healthy alternative and it was super yummy! I put frozen banana chunks, peanut butter & almond milk in the ninja then added some chocolate chips. Super easy!
  • Options
    @potofgolden I also had a flash of "omg chef boyardee ravioli" the other night!! I haven't had any in probably 15 years. I think I can make do with the nice ravioli in my freezer :smile:
  • Options
    Right now my snacking food is red grapes every day, but I will admit that I haven't been super healthy otherwise. At least I get fuller faster, so my takeout order of chicken pad thai has lasted me several days...
  • Options
    @warmwinter Have you tried putting (rinsed, stemmed) grapes in the freezer? They're my favorite right now! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @hedgepig ooo no I haven't, but I'll try it out now! :) 
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 I've been loving fruit too!

Lately I've been having plain yogurt and frozen blueberries for dessert and it's been hitting the spot so good for me! Cold, creamy and fruit!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @1sttimemomma98 Strawberries sound good too! I know I mentioned this somewhere else too, but frozen grapes are 😍😍😍
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @hedgepig toddler and I snack on frozen grapes (I quarter hers) after dinner. It is great for when they are teething and older
  • Options
    Frozen grapes are so yummy! I’m completely stuck on a Mexican food kick. I could seriously eat it every meal. 
  • Options
    Y’all, I bought these auntie Annie’s birthday cake bunny cookie-graham things for my daughters school lunches and they are freaking amazing! If I didn’t think she would cry, I would eat the box myself! 🤣🤣

• Options
    @vetgirl2011 omg that was me a few weeks ago!! Once I have Mexican food, I want it every day 😅
  • Options
    Re: frozen grapes: is it best to take them off the stem before freezing and which are better, purple or green?
  • Options
    For the last week still anything with red sauce, salad, and now spinach dip! Yummm!
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 and @lalarose22 now I want Mexican 😬😬
  • Options
    @babywiik Doesn't really matter if you de-stem them or not. I prefer green, DH prefers red. (Green grapes are a favorite of mine).
  • Options
    @potofgolden first of all I love that gif, made me audibly laugh out loud 😂😂 second, I have not tried the tajin combo but I’ve heard good things! especially with mango and cucumbers, I’ll have to buy some 
  • Options
    @potofgolden  yup you live in Texas... Tajin on everything!!! I take canned tuna, avocado, and a ton of tajin and eat that up!
  • Options
    @mtengl yep definitely a Texas thing. My aunt and cousins from TN, were like what on earth are you eating. 
  • Options
    @potofgolden it is a habit I picked up here for sure. Coming from WV we didn’t have it plus fruit and veggies weren’t as cheap
  • Options
    krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited August 2020
    Hahah! Tajín is a Mexican thing, not a Texas thing. 😉 I’m a Mexican-American and grew up in California and tajín is one of my favorite foods! Haha. And if you cant get it then a squeeze one lime, dash of salt, and dusting of chili powder on your fruit is a good substitute. Fruit and cucumbers with tajín was one of the few things I could stomach in that first trimester. 
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 oh I know it is a Mexican thing. I live on the border in Texas and our population is about 98% hispanic. Tajin on everything! 
  • Options
    I'm currently at 30 weeks but I've yet to have any real pregnancy related cravings nothing abnormal that I wouldn't occasionally crave anyways one night I did want Krispy Kreme donuts but it wasn't worth the inconvenient drive into town that was 30 minutes away. Throughout the day I don't really have much of an appetite in my go-to meal is typically a salad it has been for years. my sweet tooth typically kicks in at night but that's nothing new I've always been that way
  • Options
    @spottedheifer pretty much all my cravings are diminished because of my laziness to make/ go out and get it 😅 I guess it's probably not a terrible thing the donut shop is 30 mins away😉
  • Options
    Ceasar salad.... all the crunch
  • Options
    @sweetzypie1286 oh yum! I haven't thought about ceaser salad in a long time but now I want some!!! *running to put items on my grocery list* 
  • Options
    @sweetzypie1286 yesss! Salads are amazing. 3rd tri with my DD all I wanted were strawberry field salads from Culvers. Mixed greens, pecans, sliced strawberries,  and blue cheese crumbles with sliced grilled chicken and a raspberry vinegarette. 

I love making chicken ceasar salad wraps too!

*drool*

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts oooo!! I didn't think about making salad wraps! Yummmmmmmmm!!!!!
  • Options
    @babywiik they're one of my favorites.  I love the spinach wrap tortilla's and that's usually what I'll use for my salad wraps :)  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @babywiik 🤣, gotta love that crunch. This morning I had a craving for fresh bananas and strawberries on cheerios 🤤
  • Options
    @sweetzypie1286 fresh fruit as been an essential this entire pregnancy for sure! I hadn't thought about cheerios though! I'll hafta the combo! I love getting new ideas about food because I have a hard time coming up with simple snacks, especially when I'm hungry.