1st Trimester
Options

Spotting 4 days now - 5w4d pregnant

Hi All,
I have been spotting on and off since Sunday and it's now Wednesday. It varies from brown to pink to red and is not consistent all day. I usually wipe something every time I use the bathroom. A few days ago I wiped a lot of reddish brown. I had a doctors appointment yesterday but couldn't detect anything in the sonogram because I am still very early. So they took my blood to see if my HCG levels will double. I go back Friday 9/11 for the second blood test. I am loosing hope each time a see blood even if it's a little bit on the toilet paper. I don't know how long I can bleed for without it being bad! 

Has anyone experienced spotting for more then a few days and everything still be ok? 

This will be my second baby! 

Re: Spotting 4 days now - 5w4d pregnant

• Options
    Hi All,
    I have been spotting on and off since Sunday and it's now Wednesday. It varies from brown to pink to red and is not consistent all day. I usually wipe something every time I use the bathroom. A few days ago I wiped a lot of reddish brown. I had a doctors appointment yesterday but couldn't detect anything in the sonogram because I am still very early. So they took my blood to see if my HCG levels will double. I go back Friday 9/11 for the second blood test. I am loosing hope each time a see blood even if it's a little bit on the toilet paper. I don't know how long I can bleed for without it being bad! 

Has anyone experienced spotting for more then a few days and everything still be ok? 

This will be my second baby! 
    spotting (and even sometimes heavier bleeding) can be normal for some ladies.  Your doctor didn't seem concerned and sound like if following protocol of ultrasound and bloodwork.  

Don't lose hope.  If you start bleeding heavily (like filling a pad in an hour), have severe cramping then definately call your office.  
  • Options
    You might get a better response if you join in on your BMB.  There is usually a spotting thread. 

That said, you will get widely varied responses by who answers, and no one will be able to predict the future for you. Me personally, that has not ended well for me once. Others, they have SCH, and it turned out just fine.  It’s hard, but hang in there and only time and your doctor will tell.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My heart truly goes out to you. I bet the days are dragging. I hope everything turns out well.
  • Options
    Just an update. Got the first blood Test back HCG 530 but my progesterone is below 3 and they like to see it at a 10. I still go in for more blood work but it doesn't look good as of right now. It seems my body is naturally cleansing itself. Here's to hoping for a miracle that my numbers change come Monday. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you still! Stay strong!
  • Options
    Update : so odd... I received my second set of numbers. It looks as if my progesterone went up to 5 and my HCG went up to 703. But I have been bleeding heavier the past two days ( blood was drawn three days ago)  and it seemed I passed something that was like tissue yesterday. I go in for another sonogram to see what is going on. Not at all hopeful still just want this chapter in my life closed. So I can start again