April 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms Week of 8/31

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms Week of 8/31

• Options
    @theblondebump Super UGHH to weight comments! They can back off. Some women gain almost nothing, some the 20-30, some 60+, (I was one of the chart toppers with DS lol). 

I seriously get so grumpy about weight / body / food comments in general. Pregnant me is going to flip if anyone starts with me. This baby has made me so sassy 😳. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    Omg @kvh22surprise 4th pregnancy turn out to be twins” —— exactly this!!! Can you imagine the shock?!? 

I feel like this #4 is going to be a little surprising for our fams when we announce so oh my goodness I can’t imagine twins. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cagncoo12  congrats on your recent weight loss! 30 lbs is a big deal!! sorry your mom made that comment - I can totally see my mom saying something insensitive like that. 

@bblair24 yesss - I cringe at all those comments too! DH's entire immediate family have historically been pretty terrible to me, they are very much of the mindset "blood is thicker than water" (and actually have said that in the past!) and haven't exactly welcomed me into the family with open arms, but now that we're pregnant, it's been a totally different story :eye roll: 

@kvh22 I totallyyyyy identify with what you're saying, my MIL is an alcoholic and that's where a lot of the issues have stemmed from. During wedding planning there were so many issues with DH's family and we all really never recovered from it, until now that I'm pregnant, everyone is basically pretending like all of that never happened. But yes, thankfully my husband immediately shut down the weight thing. It's funny, if any other person had commented on my weight, I'd be like UM WOULD YOU LIKE TO CARRY THIS BABY? (not that I've even gained an ounce of weight!!) but in-laws, I just ignore. 

@juliebird6 omg at the quadruplets comment!!! what is wrong with people?? also, milkshake sounds delicious! 

@runsoncoffee that's awesome, neighbor! :) I'm in northeast PA near jersey.

@pelorunningmama  same!! I have never ever drank a glass of regular milk in my entire life and haven't had chocolate milk probably since I was like 12. But lately it's been calling me! 

• Options
    Yes to everyone's views on the weight comments! In my opinion, it usually comes from a place of insecurity. When I got in great shape for our wedding, MIL kept saying "don't lose anymore weight! You're too skinny!!", now his whole family likes to remind me not to gain too much weight during pregnancy - no winning!! Luckily, I'm not worried about pleasing them and am already amazed at my body for growing a baby!! <3 

@jenn622-2 totally agree on an in-law thread!! My MIL told DH the other day she was dying to post on FB - I overhead him saying WE'LL TELL YOU WHEN ITS OKAY TO POST, NOT YET. haha. I can't believe yours did that!! 
  • Options
    @jenn622-2 OMG that's the fastest way to ensure you're the last to know for any future news. Wrong on so many levels but also just shooting herself in the foot. Ugh! And hearing other ppl's in-law stories helps ground me with how MIL is good in so many other ways. She's amazing about all of the things that her mother and MIL were bad about b/c she's trying to be sensitive to those things. Like, has never once made a comment about me BFing so long or toys or TV or anything with the girls. BUT she went on and on about how hard it was for her when they each started daycare, especially my first. Like, you don't think it's hard for me, lady??? Shut up about it! She never had to send a kid to daycare so she just couldn't get it. And DD1 was almost 6 months old by the time she started. DD2 was 7.5 months and only went for 2.5 months before the pandemic happened and daycare shut down and she hasn't been back.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    RE: the weight comments, I’ve been under weight my whole life (due to metabolism and also some stomach issues like IBS) and people love to tell me I’m too skinny. It started in middle school - a boy I didn’t know at a school event straight up approached me and said “do you have an eating disorder?” And has continued ever since! Earlier this year I stopped by DH’s office and they happened to have doughnuts. The secretary said to help myself to one. His boss saw me eating a doughnut and said “you eat like that, and look like that? Not fair!” I always want to say “if you’d like to lose weight, try having diarrhea several times a week. Really keeps the pounds off!” 😤 People just don’t know and should keep their mouths shut!

The best was when I was pregnant with DD1 and teaching. I stepped out of my classroom after school and another teacher passed me and told me I wasn’t big enough, I needed to gain weight. I walked down to the office and a teacher there said “you sure it ain’t twins?!” I was like wow, something must have happened on my 20 second walk to the office 😂
  • Options
    @kvh22 My mom is convinced its a girl solely because of the morning sickness too. With how bad i've been feeling this past week (I'm 8+4 today) with not just nausea but vomiting and so many aversions to smells, DH is just like "yup, theres 2" lol I'll literally be walking down the hall at work and dry heave about 4 times for no apparent reason. Its real fun.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @riff323 I'm glad you're feeling better today! And congrats to your bff, twins totally scare me but I'm always so excited for other people! 
  • Options
    @jenn622-2 My MIL all but ran down the halls of the school shouting it out about my first pregnancy even though I told her not to tell. She didn't think I'd know since I wasn't working there that year.  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker