April 2021 Moms
Options

Symptoms 8/24-830

13»

Re: Symptoms 8/24-830

• Options
    Nothing groundbreaking here, fatigue and nausea. I am a total night owl but went to bed before 9 last night. Queasiness started at 6+2, now at 7+1 I can officially say it's bad. I'm having a hard time remembering to eat a little something before the nausea creeps back in. Peppermint and real lemonade have helped a bit. Not loving that I don't really feel like drinking water or eating right. 

Strange for me, but I am feeling cold very often. I don't remember this pregnancy symptom during my past two experiences. 
  • Options
    Twins don’t run in our family either! DH’s grandpa (his mom’s dad) was a twin, but that’s it. I don’t hate the idea of twins. I imagine the first year would feel a lot like you’re drowning (even more so than the way you feel with one kid 😂) but eventually it would get fun! 

@theblondebump yes if it came from a psychic then you’re definitely having twins! No need for that sonogram on Monday after all! 😜

@goldpolkadot I was bored one night and skimmed deep in to the 1st tri board. Someone mentioned not having symptoms and she was worried (which was the exact situation I was in at that time). A few people were like “my singleton pregnancy I was constantly sick, with my twin pregnancy I felt amazing!” That’s a really bad reason to think you’re going to have twins, but it did make me pause for a second! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot I would also love to have twins! ❤️ I know it’d be more hectic at the start especially, but I’ve always thought it’d be an amazing bond between my kids. My great - gramma is a fraternal twin, but no one has had twins since in my family (not sure if anyone in her sibling lines did). I have no reason to believe that for this pregnancy though lol! I’m getting HCG testing and I’m definitely lower/mid, so just praying for one healthy heartbeat at my ultrasound. 

Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    @Lexibizzel I've been getting cold, too! That was a new one for me as well.

My queasiness is starting, and I think it really got going around week 6 last time so I'll have to see how I feel next week. I'm also curious to see how symptoms compare to my last pregnancy because I was living at high altitude then and am back at sea level now. I have a feeling that the high altitude impacted how I felt - it was hard to stay hydrated, your blood pressure changes, there's less oxygen, etc., etc. So we shall see!
  • Options
    @kelseyyh is it your great-grandma on your moms side? i've heard the identical gene is passed down on the moms side...but anyway i don't think fraternal counts! I think that's just lucky science ;) I just think it'd be so fun too! I've always oddly loved twins and been totally fascinated by them. It would totally be more chaotic in the beginning but yea, so fun later on!
    @bblair24 who knows!! 
    I think really the only thing that gives me pause with the idea of twins is the toll on your body - having 1 each time was rough enough...two would be intense! (even if they do come a bit earlier!)
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot I was taught it’s identical that’s spontaneous & fraternal is genetic. From what I understand, identical is when one egg splits & fraternal is when you gave 2 eggs, so the extra ovulation would be genetic. I’m not a doctor or a science lover though 🤪. It is my Dad’s side, but I am pretty sure it’s passed through the women, which is why people say “it skips a generation”...so like his Mom could pass the genes to him and he passes it to me...or maybe it’s just the Mom’s side 😂. Seriously...not an expert! 

• Options
    @kelseyyh @goldpolkadot yes, my understanding is the same - fraternal twins are genetic because the mom releases two eggs in a cycle, identical twins are basically just random. I've also read that you're more likely to have twins if you're over the age of 30, if you're tall (what??), obese, or if you're currently breastfeeding. (I've read a lot about this lately since my husband is convinced we're having twins hahah)
  • Options
    @theblondebump Lol!! I wonder if hubby intuition is right. I’ve read those things too, pretty sure I’ve just got one little bean aha. Lol I can’t wait to find out if anyone in the group is having multiples. 

• Options
    @kelseyyh haha me too! I'll find out tomorrow! For the longest time my husband would talk about "Hannah and Lily" and my mom was like who's that? And he's like oh, our twin girls. I'm like, you realize we don't get to choose to have twins or choose the gender, right??? Haha, just wishful thinking on his part I guess! He has the idea that girls are so much easier than boys (I feel the opposite!), but obviously we will be happy with any healthy baby!

We've always said we want 3 or 4 total, so it's really encouraging to hear from all the mamas here on their 4th! 
  • Options
    @theblondebump Hubby is the opposite LOL! He is super nervous to have a daughter (and tbh me too!) We actually both hoped for a boy with our first & we ended up with DS ❤️. We would have been fine either way I am sure. 

I also hope for a few more & love seeing Mamas with many kiddos. I’m one of four kids myself, and have always hoped for five. I think hubby may want to stop at three though lol. 

• Options
    @kelseyyh I agree, I'd like to have a boy first and have him be the older brother. My husband is the oldest and has two younger sisters and he always looked out for them, I love that. I also have an older brother, though we're not close. For me, I'm like girls are sassy and I dread having girl teenagers haha. My husband thinks of what he was like when he was a teenager and thinks boys get into so much trouble. Not that he was ever actually that bad, but just typical teenager boy stuff like underage drinking etc. He thinks a girl will be much easier haha. 
  • Options
    @theblondebump@kelseyyh I was reading some of those twin facts to DH last week and I was like “I AM over 30 now!” And he was like “shh not by much” 😂 I mean I’m 31, so there’s that!

We have our two girls and were talking about if this one was a boy, how often we’d have to explain to the girls what a penis is during his diaper changes 😂😂 DH said a 3rd girl would definitely make things easier, and I think he doesn’t want to get his hopes up for a potential boy. The thought of a boy scares me a little but I also want that special mother/son relationship! 
  • Options
    I'm already so excited to hear what everyone else here in this group is having!! I will live vicariously through you gals who are finding out the sex :)

It's pretty crazy - we have a handful of friends with one baby, and then we have a handful of friends/cousins with two babies and so far EVERY SINGLE one of them has had the same gender twice. One cousin has two girls, one cousin has two boys, one friend has two girls, one friend has two boys... 

• Options
    @bblair24 Lol to the penis thing. My niece is 20 months older than my son, and she had a little brother about 8 months later. During a meal a few months ago she declares “(DS) has a penis!”. Totally unprompted, we were all eating 🤷🏼‍♀️. 

Also with the sets of 2 @theblondebump, my parents had us two girls, then two boys 💕. They both loved being a girl family (though my brother is only 16 months after me so it was short lived lol). 

• Options
    @theblondebump Now I'm super curious what you will see at the appointment! 
  • Options
    @grilledcheeezin I was waiting for you to say you haven't had an ultrasound! Based on some of your comments earlier about such severe symptoms, I actually wondered if you were having double. Lol, so glad that you have been able to see your one little bean. <3. So exciting. 

• Options
    @grilledcheeezin I'm glad it went well! <3 That's a strong heartbeat for sure. 

• Options
    @grilledcheeezin yay!!!!!!
    and @kelseyyh duhhhhhh I got that backwards 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Oy can I blame pregnancy brain already?!?!!?
  • Options
    @grilledcheeezin that first ultrasound is so amazing! Glad it went well for you ❤️ I remember being in disbelief at my first US with DD1. It was early on and of course I couldn’t feel her but she was darting around in there. So crazy!