December 2020 Moms
Options

August Symptoms

2»

Re: August Symptoms

• Options
    I've been having pretty bad tailbone pain. I had it for a few days a couple months ago and it went away, I was hoping it would go away again, but it's been about a week now and it's just as bad, sometimes worse each day. I mentioned it to my doctor and she just said she can give me a referral for physical therapy. I'd rather try stretches or exercises at home first, but everything I find online hurts while I'm doing it and I don't want to make anything worse. It doesn't hurt as bad while I'm sitting and working but any other time I feel like I can barely move. I guess I probably should try therapy, but (it sounds stupid) I'm so stressed out in every area of my life right now, the thought of adding another commitment literally makes me want to cry. 
  • Options
    @flip25 That stinks, sorry you’re in pain! I will say that from my (extensive, unfortunately) experience with PT, you can usually get a pretty good sense of what you need to be doing from the first visit. They’ll likely send you home with exercises to do at home and you can even tell them that you’d prefer a program that doesn’t involve a lot of office time (which also would make sense for COVID reasons). Hopefully that will allow you to a personalized program without having to make a commitment when your bandwidth is limited.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a program in our county called SWEEP where the county picks up larger items of trash/junk 1 day per year. It was scheduled for today, so yesterday we decided to clean out a couple of large wine barrell planters that needed to go. I shoveled the dirt out of them and into the trash thinking that this was a good job for me and my husband could carry them to the curb. Not so. I’m so sore in my upper abdomen and mid-back from the twisting and lifting movements. Sleeping last night was killer & did not go well.
  • Options
    @flip25 I’ve been having tailbone pain too. the whole pregnancy. I have a bad habit of sitting in chairs with my knees up and my weight in my tail bone. And I’m a potter so I sit down a lot. I bought this little flat air cushion pillow from amazon a while ago which seems to help a lot 

getting a PT referral sounds like a great idea. I’m gonna try that too. 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku. I bet he loved that!  Happy you were able to capture that memory for all of you.  
  • Options
    Just called doc, but wondered if anyone else has ever experienced this. About 2 weeks ago I noticed some shoulder/neck pain. It was uncomfortable but not terrible. I figured I slept wrong and it would be gone in a day or two. The pain has gotten worse and sleeping is super difficult (I prob need a pregnancy pillow at this point). Today I’ve had really strong pressure from my neck up into my head and especially my ears. I feel the pain become more intense when moving and bending over. But especially with any head movement. 
    Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the cause of it and how did you help to relieve this? 
  • Options
    @jacmkelley i haven’t experienced this but I do love my pregnancy pillow. 
    If I was in your position I would probably get a visit with the doctor 
  • Options
    @jacmkelley sounds kinda like a pinched nerve! I’ve had that pain but it’s never lasted that long. Hope the Dr can give you some answers!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    I have an appointment in the morning, they called back with some things to keep an eye on until then. I feel better just knowing it can wait until tomorrow but am so uncomfortable. This is our 3rd do experiencing something so different/new is a little scary.
  • Options
    @jacmkelley That sounds super uncomfortable! I haven’t had that specifically I don’t think but I’ve had awful neck sprains in the last. They take forever to heal and are really uncomfortable. Hope the doctor can help!
  • Options
    I’m so incredibly chronically fatigued all the time and I’m over it. My past 3 pregnancies I had so much energy during the second trimester and now I feel like I can’t do anything, ever. 
  • Options
    @bartonolivia me too! I was feeling more energy when 2nd tri first started,  now I just want to sleep all day again! Hoping it is temporary
  • Options
    I can add Hemorrhoids to my list of fun new symptoms (I have never had these before and I am mortified they are so ugly) anyone else have these? Any advise? I have no symptoms I just found out they were there when I was using a mirror to assist myself with hair removal lol I know standing/moving for 12 straight hours 3 days in a row frequently isn’t helping but that’s just my job gah 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku I've had them since 30ish weeks with DS. If they don't cause pain there's not much to do. Mostly they're from the weight of the baby and if you're having to really push for a BM. If you have discomfort tucks are your friend. I also only wipe with a prep-h wipe and avoid TP since it can irritate.