November 2020 Moms

Week 2 (11/8 - 11/14) Check In - Week of 8/24

2»

Re: Week 2 (11/8 - 11/14) Check In - Week of 8/24

• @babywiik @mia80 From what I've researched, nipple confusion is pretty unfounded in any good studies. The book "Cribsheet" goes over a bunch of topics like this, including this one, and over-viewed much of the research out there and concluded that it wasn't really a thing. Babies who simply refuse to use pacifiers because they're little brats, on the other hand...DS was one of those!! I wouldn't worry about it.

• Estimated due date (EDD): 11/14

Week of pregnancy: 28w4d

Baby is the size of: eggplant

Upcoming Appointments: early September

Rant/Rave: I'm taking all the iron supplements and such, but man, I still feel exhausted and that this anemia is kicking my butt. Add to that all the increased pelvic girdle pain (lifting my legs even for stairs hurts like a son of a). Overall, this baby just seems to by physically taking it out of me way more than DS. I'd blame age, but really, it's only what, a year and a half later?? I could also blame DS for simply being more work than my desk job was when I was pregnant with him. Good thing he's cute! But yikes, there's still 3 months of this left! Not sure how I'm going to make it. 

Questions? Not really. I wrote this above with regards to the pacifier conversation, but for those looking for a good book that covers some of the post-birth parenting decisions, I highly recommend "Cribsheet" by Emily Aster. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? I second hypocrisy and overly politicizing everything! Often the two go hand in hand, much to my even greater frustration.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mia80 oh apparently it’s a Purrmaid 🤣 Mary Meyer WubbaNub Soft Toy and Infant Pacifier, Marina Mermaid Purrmaid Cat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08432H5XR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XJYrFbQPPR1KP

I totally get the pity party about being a failure. I have never had any medical issues and prided myself on being healthy and no allergies etc.... and then my body failed me with an MC and at 11 weeks. 
    I’m taking the 3 hour test next week and found out today I’m anemic. It’s going to suck if I have GD, but at least I get a baby at the end of it! 
  • @potofgolden Oh my gosh... the purrmaid is adorable!!!!!  Hope the 3 hr test goes well for you next week. 

It just seems like all of this has been such a struggle... it took us almost 4 years to get pregnant, over 3 years on fertility meds, 3 IUIs, IVF, 1 MMC at 12 weeks, 1 MC at 6 weeks, and finally I'm at a point where baby looks like a reality.  And now I'm anemic with GD!!  I'm generally a healthy person and I exercise and eat well... and every doctor's appointment I go to they say 'everything looks good'... but then it turns out there's something else wrong!!!

Sigh... it just seems like it's so easy for everyone else... and for some reason my body can't do the same things that every other woman's can.  sigh... 

AND the worst part is I usually drown my sorrows in food, and I can't even eat the gallon of mint chip ice cream in the freezer that has been taunting me since I found out I have GD!!!!!!!!!

Logically I know it's nothing I did, and shit just happens... and in a day or two when I've had time to process I'll be ok... and every time I feel baby kick I know it's all going to be worth it... but man, it would just be nice for one thing to be easy!!!! 
  • @mia80 I’m so sorry your road to this point has been so difficult...I hope you have the easiest baby on the planet after everything you’ve had to go through!!