Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? (You can look up here.) Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?)

Re: Weekly Check-in *** Week of 8/24

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 20+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: endive, may already be having REM sleep and dreams. Insane!
    Upcoming appointments: 9/1
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good the last few days, some lost sleep at night and RLP.
    Rants/Raves: My friend sent a big box of hand me down clothes from his 11month old daughter over the weekend which was so sweet. He also sent a Boba wrap and a Dock a Tot and a couple other things. We also celebrated SO's birthday with dinner Saturday and he talked about how excited he is about the baby and being a dad which was really lovely. :)
    Questions: nope
    GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?) I'm a Pisces and a lot of things about me are pretty typical of the sign - sensitive, empathetic, intuitive and emotional. I don't really pay that much attention to it but I like that stuff just for fun...I figured out my whole chart once with an app (moon sign, rising sign etc) and some of it made sense with my personality - private vs how I present myself in public. There's a lot about my SO that matches his sign (Virgo) too.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28, 17 weeks 4 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate
    Upcoming appointments: AS on 9/10
    How are you feeling?: Ok, still not sleeping week at night. Also having heartburn at various times which woke me up last night
    Rants/Raves: my son started back at daycare today and he was so excited to see his friends. 
    Questions: has anyone experienced nausea and vomiting from heartburn? I've had two episodes in the past couple weeks of waking up in the middle of night with heartburn. I'm able to fall back asleep, but then when I wake up in the morning and drink something, I immediately get sick and thrown up and feel terrible the rest of the day. 
    GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? (You can look up here.) Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?)
    I'm a Scorpio. I don't pay much attention to it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/16 19w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

a dollar bill! 💵

Upcoming appointments: 9/8

How are you feeling?: pretty good, some RLP and slight nausea on Saturday but it passed

Rants/Raves: excited we scheduled our 4D ultrasound in October!

Questions: how many more appointments will there be with ultrasounds?

GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? (You can look up here.) Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?) 
    I’m a Scorpio..definitely used to be more into it but if my whole closet could be black, it would be 🖤💀🦂
    some Scorpio traits are brave, loyal & honest which are true for me ✔️💁🏼‍♀️
    But also I don’t read too much into since it says least compatible w Gemini & that’s my husband’s sign soooo 🙈 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Jan 5; 20+6
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Banana
    Upcoming appointments:  One month; will do another u/s to check on the marginal cord insertion. 
    How are you feeling?:  Some days I still get waves of fatigue. Overall, I'm feeling more energy this trimester, it's just odd when I have those days where I feel like I need an afternoon nap. Also, had a sore throat for a few days this past week, but didn't have any other symptoms of a cold. Started researching pregnancy sore throat--apparently pregnancy can cause this too! Or, that is, in tandem with the nasal stuff, which I have had on and off nearly the entire pregnancy, so that's great. I'm reassured that it can be a symptom unto itself, without a cold following. 
    Rants/Raves:  I can finally feel the baby moving! The u/s confirmed the feelings I was having were the baby, and since then, it seems like I've begun to tune in even more. 
    Questions:  Anyone else experience a sore throat in pregnancy unrelated to a cold? 
    GTKY: Aries. I've never been much into this, but people tell me I act like an Aries?

amm126 That sounds awful. Nope, I haven't had this happen (yet). But I know that heartburn and acid reflux is only bound to increase and no doubt you'd have a hard time not feeling ill. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    1/4 21 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Blue

has eyebrows now

Upcoming appointments:
    Had my anatomy scan, MFM and OB appointment today - it was a long day. Baby looks perfect and no concerns from the rash in first tri, he’s 15oz and measuring on track. They are running a panel on me because I have two AI diseases to see if I have any more and recommended a baby aspirin daily because apparently AIs can increase your risk of blood clots. They suggested monthly ultrasounds to monitor growth, even though he’s measuring right on track, but I’m only a couple of hundred dollars from my max OOP so I’ll take the extra pics. I knew he was fine, but it feels good to KNOW. 

How are you feeling?: tired. Hip pain and pelvic pain has already started 😩. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

I don’t pay attention to it at all. I didn’t even know I was a Pisces until a couple of months ago and I am pretty much the polar opposite of the description. 🤷‍♀️ 

@briemo you may not have any more after the anatomy scan. I think most do one more at around 36-37 weeks to check size and position. If they have any concerns you may have more. I had them monthly and then weekly with my first because they thought she was big, I only had 4 with my second, I will have them frequently again this time for no real reason other than the MFM said it’s nice to do. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20, 18w5d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: sweet potato
    Upcoming appointments: 9/1, anatomy scan!
    How are you feeling?: finally have a bit more energy which is nice. Actually roasted some veggies with dinner which I haven’t had the motivation to prep and do in months! Heartburn is still killing me. 
    Rants/Raves:
    Questions:
    GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? I am a libra, I don’t really pay much attention to it but it looks like I kind of fit it. I like balance and am generally cooperative but I don’t avoid confrontation and am very decisive! 😂
  • @briemo I after the anatomy scan I had one more US at 38 weeks with my first because previously he had been breach and they wanted to confirm he had turned. My second was clearly in the correct position so I didn’t have anything after the anatomy scan. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20/ 2021, 18w/5d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: Midwife- Sept 3

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling good except for heartburn which seems to be getting worse every week. 

Rants/Raves: We’re heading to the cottage for 3 nights this weekend. The change of scenery will be very appreciated. 

Questions: Not at the moment 

GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? (You can look up here.) Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?) I’m a Sagittarius. I don’t follow this stuff closely but many of the attributes seem to be on point. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 weeks! 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Artichoke

Upcoming appointments: AS on 9/9!! 

How are you feeling?: overall OK. Struggling with sciatica though. I workout 5-6 days a week so this is very frustrating right now. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: we were supposed to close on selling our cabin on Friday but it got delayed. Deep down I knew this would happen, but still just bummed. Ready for it to sell!! 

Questions: How much caffeine are you having per day? During the first Tri I gave up coffee entirely, but am now having a couple cups a week. I feel guilty but some days I just need the boost. 

Cancer. I pay zero attention to these things 🤣
  • @krisspy22 the snoogle pregnancy pillow helped a ton with my sciatica last time! That and the cat/cow stretch. I am still avoiding caffeine but it’s not necessary, I’m just being kind of a weirdo. You can definitely have some if you want!
  • @krisspy22 I have caffeine a few times a week now - just black tea or like a quarter to half a cup of coffee so definitely under the 200mg per day limit. I think the first time I had it was about a month after finding out I was pregnant so still was in the first trimester, but I limited it a lot then. My doctor assured me the amount of caffeine that would actually be dangerous is way over the amount any one person would be drinking...it does feel like it's still stigmatized though so I feel guilty too sometimes! Curious to hear what other ppl are doing. 
  • @aels12 Thanks for the recommendation! I have a pregnancy pillow from last time but I haven’t busted it out yet. I’m sort of in denial I’m almost half way here! 🙈

@whitealbum29 Good to hear! I have read so much about caffeine intake so I know it’s “safe” but I still feel guilty, like do I really need this?? But yes, a mama is tired 😴 
  • @krisspy22 I have 12oz of coffee a day some days I have two 12oz cups. Baby will be fine ;)

As for sciatica I had it the worst with my first, I see a chiropractor for it now though. I went weekly for my second, I’m going bi weekly with this baby. Especially if you find a Webster certified chiro it makes so much difference. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • @amm126 Ugh that sounds terrible! Hopefully that symptom passes soon.
    @briemo I'm having one at 30 or 32 weeks but they told me that was just because I'm AMA so I guess my doctor doesn't do that many. It seems like it varies a lot.
    @HappyFeet34 Glad you had a good anatomy scan!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 20w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: As long as a popsicle

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I've been getting full easily though, especially after dinner. Trying to remember to eat smaller meals.

Rants/Raves: Finally got the recessed lighting in the living room, which was the first thing that needed to happen before we can get the nursery (currently my husband's office) ready. Now to make my kid's current playroom into our joint office. Progress!

Questions:

GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? (You can look up here.) Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?) I'm a Pisces, and so is my husband. I used to follow it when I was younger (basically whatever I read in magazines) but don't anymore.

@amm126 Oh no! I get heartburn too; is it the acid reflux that's making you throw up? I've been trying to keep my meals smaller at night and stop eating by 9, and if I feel bad before bedtime, I break out the Tums. Then I try to stay upright for a while before I actually go to sleep. I occasionally still get sick at night, but at those times I sit upright for a bit until I feel better (or burp...because pregnancy is magical). 
    @krisspy22 I have a 16-oz glass of iced coffee a day (I had an aversion to coffee first trimester and now all I really want is iced coffee). The answer is yes, you really need it!
    @lavendarclouds I feel you on the fatigue! Generally I've been more energetic this trimester, but occasionally I still want to take an afternoon nap. As for sore throats, I haven't exactly felt one, but I have felt like I do when I start to get a cold (kinda scratchy throat); I thought it was just allergies.
  • 17+3 (1/30) team green STM+
    9/15 anatomy scan!

Feeling fine if I stay hydrated otherwise my BP drops and I can't really get off the couch

R/R: camping over the weekend was awesome!  The girls started  at a different daycare this week and it's going really well!!!! Dd1 did so good at swim class yesterday, I guess she just needed googles

GTKY: I like to read about astrological signs and Chinese zodiac. I'm very much a Virgo 😂 I think the combination with being a Fire Tiger makes me a bit much but I don't mind 🤷🏻‍♀️

• @briemo I shouldn't have any other scans after the anatomy scan

@krisspy22 I've been told no caffeine due to my low blood pressure and need to stay hydrated 😭 when pregnant with DD2 I think I drank a mug a day, don't feel guilty!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28, 17 weeks 6 days! 20 weeks always feels like a huge milestone to me so I'm just counting down the days. 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a croissant 
    Upcoming appointments: anatomy ultrasound on 9/14

How are you feeling?: pretty good. heartburn most days. Trying to eat more vegetables this week. I'm gaining weight faster this pregnancy than last pregnancy so trying to keep things in check without falling into anything too restrictive. I started a new workout program (powerzones on Peloton if anyone else does it!) and I'm feeling really motivated with it. 

Rants/Raves: DH has been playing baby music every night and it's so sweet. He's also started calling him my favorite name choice so we might be making progress on deciding. 

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? (You can look up here.) Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?) I don't follow along much but from what I've read I'm very in line with being a Sagittarius. 

@krisspy22 I'm a terrible example but I have a 12oz cup of coffee every morning and a 12oz diet coke in the afternoon a few days per week. 

and PSA if anyone is curious i looked up the caffeine content of a pumpkin cream cold brew and it's 185mg... so if it is your only caffeine of the day you're under the limit! 
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 weeks + 4 days
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Sweet potato/artichoke/cucumber
    Upcoming appointments: 9/2 anatomy scan
    How are you feeling?: Good so far! Some aches and pains sleeping but I started seeing a prenatal chiro last week and that seems to help a lot along w/ the body pillow
    Rants/Raves:
    Questions:
    GTKY: What's your astrological sign and do you fit the description? (You can look up here.) Do you follow/pay attention to astrology? (Or the Chinese zodiac or anything like it?) Leo and I definitely fit some of the characteristics

@krisspy22 I have 12 oz of coffee every morning and usually in the afternoon as well. My doctor said 1-2 cups a day and I rounded up  :D I love coffee