November 2020 Moms
Options

Week 2 (11/8 - 11/14) Check In - Week of 8/17

2»

Re: Week 2 (11/8 - 11/14) Check In - Week of 8/17

• Options
    @mtengl I seriously had no idea that you don’t have a period while breastfeeding! 🤯

...Now I’m a bit worried about what else I don’t know.
  • Options
    @csardaszz it doesn’t happen that way for every woman but it is a possibility at least until you slow down. but that doesn’t meant you aren’t a fertile myrtle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mtengl Even if it doesn’t last the whole time I’m BFing, I’ll take it! I wish I could high-five my uterus right now.
  • Options
    I don’t remember how long I bled for but I know it was longer than 4 weeks! 8 sounds about right. It felt like I was making up for every period I’d missed during pregnancy, lol. It was only super heavy for the first few weeks though. I never bothered with the adult diapers but I think I’m going to bring a pack to try this time. I remember using the hell out of the dermaplast spray, especially after my first when I had an episiotomy. The witch hazel was great too. They sent me home with all of that stuff if I remember correctly. Oh, and if you’re planning to breastfeed make sure you have nipple cream. It makes a huge difference! 
  • Options
    It's so helpful to read exactly what works and all the tips and tricks you guys share! I will definitely ask my midwife for specifics on what the hosptial gives. I asked a few close friends and all they said was "oh, they have everything you need so don't worry" but I also just had a friend (American living in finland) give birth and nobody there had ever heard of witch hazel so now I'm sceptical of they have *everything* I'll need😜 @kelk5 having a thread for hospital bag and postpartum care would be awesome!
  • Options
    @kelk5 @babywiik Yes! I agree that a thread for hospital bags & postpartum would be great!! I know it seems like we have so much time, but was chatting with DH this morning about everything we want to do before baby gets here... and realizing that it's going to come quick!
  • Options
    I failed my 1-hour glucose screening so I go next Tuesday morning for the 3-hour. I'm not too worried. I failed the 1-hour then passed the 3-hour with my son. I'm always borderline on glucose tests regardless of if I'm pregnant or not.
  • Options
    Oh no @kelk5 FX you will pass the 3 hour one like last time.

I totally forgot about the spray for the post part. spray and the puppy pads for the bed. Bringing all of this back up makes me so excited to give birth 🥴. I think the brands of hem. pads I had were the tucks brand. 

I bf DD and if I’m remembering correctly I started my period 4 months to the day after having her. I blamed it on my sister because she started her period, and I’m a true believer that women are like wolves and sync up when they are around each other.
  • Options
    babywiikbabywiik member
    edited August 2020
    @potofgolden im with you on women syncing their cycles! My sister and I were always together and after just a few months of working together, my coworker and I were the same as well! Yes, we discussed things like that cuz we'd PMS together and sympathize with each other😅
  • Options
    @kelk5 I’m sorry about the 1 hour! The same thing happened this go around with me. I failed the 1 hour but then yesterday passed my 3 hours by 20-30 points with each draw. I just napped in between draws 😂 Also with DD it was the same scenario, so here’s praying it’s the same for you! 💜
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner I like the nap idea. My dad is driving me to my appointment and I'm planning on going to the car with him between draws. Just setting the alarm so I can go back up 5 mins before.