Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits w/o 8.17

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

What's a "small win" you have from last week?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 8.17

• Options
    Focusing on consistency this week. So far, so good, but I struggle to move my body without a gentle “lets go for a run” or “if you want to go to the gym, I’ll handle xyz” from the husband. Last night, we upped the distance we ran from just under 1.5 miles to just under 3. 

Any runners in the group?  Any tips for being able to run longer distances over time with practice?  I can make it a mile, but then I have to walk for a minute or so before I run again. 
  • Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Pretty much the same stuff as last week. Did better, but got lazy over the weekend (which was stupid, because it was cool and lovely out)

How's everything going? Not bad, some anxiety but nothing too terrible

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I have a pair of pants from The Loft that I love (Girlfriend Chinos) and saw that they were on sale so I ordered some different colors. Since I already have a pair the sizing should be easy, right? Of course not. The pair that arrived *fit* but take some squeezing. Now I'm trying to figure out if my current pair are stretched out, BUT if I lose a pound or two it'll probably fit perfectly....so a little bit of a struggle, but hopefully it'll be motivation.

What's a "small win" you have from last week? Definitely was more active. Again, wasn't perfect, but it was better than before

@BuckeyeNut05 Full disclosure: I'm not a runner, just a runner wannabe. That said, based on the couch-to-5k apps I've seen, if you take a short walk break then run again, over time you'll be able to shorten the "walk" portion until you don't need it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I decided to jump on this thread bc I need some motivation to make healthier choices. 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Well I'm going to Flagstaff all week and luckily we're staying with FIL who eats super healthy so at least I won't have access to my snacks. Also we're going hiking in Sedona so that will count as my exercise

How's everything going? Not great. I was really good about exercising and counting my calories a few weeks ago but now I just can't find the motivation to work out or the willpower to eat well. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I think I'm just stressed from this cycle and I'm allowing myself to mope about it. Not good but it is what it is. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I cooked dinner two nights in a row. That might seem trivial but we eat out so much that it felt like a win to me. 

And @BuckeyeNut05 I know you don't go here anymore but as a runner, I have to tell you it's all about mind over matter. If you can run a mile, then you can run two. If you can run two, then you can run four and so on. Just tell yourself you can and don't let yourself stop. Long distance running is my therapy and (when I'm not in a slump) I usually do about two 10ks a week plus a long run that's anywhere from 8-15 miles. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Hopping on here this week since I'm trying to actually be serious about this!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?
    -This week I'm focusing on (1) cutting carbohydrates and (2) getting more physical activity. I've gained 25 lbs since getting married in November, and while I'm still at a "normal" weight I feel sluggish and my clothes don't fit. I definitely don't intend to lose all 25 lbs but would like to lose 15 and be more active. I don't ovulate monthly, and physical activity can apparently help with that. 

How's everything going?
    -I find that I slip into eating unhealthy and drinking, especially on the weekends. MH doesn't eat very well especially when he's stressed (he's studying for a  board exam right now), and I need to get better at eating well even when he doesn't choose to. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week?
    -I'm mostly motivated by wanting to ovulate this month. I know being "healthy" for just a couple of weeks may not affect chances this month, but want to at least try. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week?
    -I did have a couple of better days, which is an improvement from completely eating junk. Hoping to do even better this week. 

@Amphibious22 Enjoy Sedona!! I went hiking there a few years ago and it was absolutely gorgeous. 
  • Options
    @akoros I feel ya on buying clothes online. I bought two pairs of shorts at the start of covid in April and now it's a struggle getting them on. I'm up about 15 lbs since then and it's so hard for me to stay motivated through all of this. 

@priyadoc nice! MH is from Arizona so he knows the area well but I haven't been to Sedona before. I'm excited. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2020
    I’m also jumping in here for accountability. I wasn’t active last week and, well, I wasn’t active last week! 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I’m aiming for 10,000 steps per day, which can be hard to get when sitting at a computer all day. It takes effort & planning to get in those longer daily walks. I’m also trying to get more sleep. 

How's everything going? Fine. Three weeks ago I seriously surpassed my step goal. Two weeks ago I was kicking *ss with my steps: was only 1500 shy of my weekly goal. But last week I really fell off & hit 10,000 steps only 2 out of 7 days. Have to change that this week! 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I have been doing very well in the healthy food department. It has me motivated to stick with low carbs & higher fats & proteins. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? The win is mostly eating at home. We also order takeout eat too much. The budget does not like that! We have plenty of healthy food to prepare meals at home—just need to stick with it this week! 

@priyadoc Definitely celebrate those small wins with eating healthy! Positive reinforcement will make you want to keep it up. ;-) I feel you about the weight gain & just wanting to be comfortable & ovulate regularly. I dealt with that about a year ag

@amphibious22 Yay for cooking dinner 2 nights last week! That’s definitely a win in my book. Enjoy Sedona, I’m sure it’s gorgeous right now! 

@akoros Every little win is worth celebrating! Congrats on being active. Let’s all keep it up this week! 

I just got caught up on why you don’t go here anymore. Congrats! Your chart seemed to clearly point to this happy outcome. I understand you’re worried about MC. So now would not be the time to up your running distance. Just keep doing whatever you were doing before PG. Best of luck! P.S. I didn’t mention it before, but I’m pretty sure we were part of March ‘19 BMB together. 
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited August 2020
    @Amphibious22 I've had that problem too, but in this case it's more that their sizing is way off and inconsistent. I have the exact same pair of pants that I bought last year (which fit fine), which is why I only ordered one size of several different colors this time around. I did make a mistake and ordered regular-length first, rather than petite, which also fit perfectly aside from the length. The petite ones though are definitely smaller (the original pair I already owned was petite), the green pair must be at least 1/2 inch smaller around the waist than the regular length pair of the same color/size. The blue ones aren't quite that bad, so I'm wearing them today to see if they stretch out a bit. Grrrr, get it together, Loft!
  • Options
    Y’all, I am doing TERRIBLY this week with exercise.😩 Too much sitting in my work chair, no time for exercise. 

Gonna MAKE.IT.HAPPEN today after work! 
  • Options
    @keikilove I was doing well Monday & Tuesday....and then yesterday hit. I'd finished my first glass of wine when my husband came downstairs and mumbled, "pizza?"

Side note: Your gif reminds me of my coworker who got a chair for her standing desk that has little bike pedals (after she read that standing still for 8 hours straight isn't much better than sitting for 8 hours straight). 
  • Options
    @akoros How could you resist pizza after a glass of wine? Impossible! 😄

That bike chair sounds intriguing! I’d love to get something like that.