Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 8/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Monday 8/17

• Month/Cycle: 21/23

CD/DPO: 17/1 or maybe 2

Timing: -3,-2,-1 I believe 

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Who knows 

R/R: I’m back! We had an amazing time on our trip. And feel really good about our social distancing while we were there. We had to remove ourselves from 2 situations that we didn’t feel totally comfortable but other than those times, we were pretty isolated. Amazing. I definitely ovulated but am a little confused on O date - I used both CBDA and Wondfos and I got my peak reading a full day before I saw a positive Wondfo, and then it was another day before I got my “blazing positive” Wondfo. I’ve had bloodwork that confirmed I was still surging (LH levels through the roof) on blazing positive day and using that day as O day has always made my LP line up with what it was when I temped. It’s just a day difference so not a big deal but maybe it is good to use the CBDA to get an earlier idea of when to switch from EOD to ED? Can’t hurt to try something different for a few months. 

CS/Q: If anyone has any insight on the above that would be great! I did post in the OPK thread too. 

• @bows22 I'm glad you had such a great time. It's so nice to get away.

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 28/6

Timing: -3

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing: Friday before weekend drinking.

R/R: DH stayed at the lake for an extra night and I had a night alone in the house for the first time in FOREVER! It was amazing. I colored, had some wine, made myself a salmon salad, cat cuddles, watched a little TV, and went to bed early. It was almost as relaxing as the weekend at the lake.

CS/Q: temps are staying up, just hope I didn't jinx it completely by getting some FRERs for Friday. Probably wishful thinking, but for some reason I can't not feel optimistic. I had a really vivid dream the other night about being at a doctor's office for something, you know how they always ask you for certain appointments are you pregnant or is there a chance that you might be pregnant. In the dream, I told the nurse I was only five DPO but that I just had a feeling. And she replied you know honey sometimes you just know. It was a really bizarre dream. I don't usually remember my dreams, not that I put much stock in it, but I guess until I get a BFN there's always hope.

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 glad you had a wonderful trip!  Did the CBDA only give you the smiley on one day?  Perhaps you have a longer surge or you O’d later on in the day on that 2nd day?  I posted in the other thread but I would hands-down go with the CBDA, it has never done me wrong and O is usually the day after that for me. 
  • @inthewoods23 I’m so very sorry. I promise I did read the rules before I began participating in June, and I should have double checked before I posted over the weekend. As soon as I realized I edited my post.  While I did want to hang out and provide support for a little bit longer (I am terrified), I respect if you don’t want me here and I will refrain from posting. 
  • edited August 2020

@bows22 glad you had a good trip! I noticed my CBDA would show a peak a bit sooner than a cheapie but still within the same day. I liked them, but they’re too expensive to buy every cycle IMO. 

@DoubleUp8 gl testing this week. Glad you had a good weekend! 

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD/DPO: 28/8

Timing: good! 

Typical LP length: 12-14 days 

Testing: Maybe Friday at 12 dpo, or not. We’ll see. 

R/R: Goodmorning ladies! We had a good weekend. They’ve gotten busier with me working more. Besides that I had a busy weekend with errands, yard work, and TW: my friends baby shower. Which went okay I guess, I had a decent time but I just wasn’t feeling it. There were other pregnant women there and I stayed to myself mostly. I’m happy for my friend, but I wouldn’t have went if she weren’t a close friend. End TW: anyway, we’re still trying to move forward on closing on our house. Some things came up, but I think it’s all resolved now. Hope you guys have a good week!  

CS/Q: It won’t upload my chart. 🙄
  • @bows22 I'm glad you had a fun trip!! I'm no help for CBDA vs wondfu but I tend to do ED for like 2 weeks just to be safe. 

@DoubleUp8 your night alone sounds wonderful! Whenever I have alone time (which is pretty much never) I always say I'm gonna do what you did but then just end up browsing on my phone or falling asleep super early. 

@photographerwife good luck closing on your house! We just bought a house in April and it was super stressful. Hopefully yours is smooth sailing. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 34/19?

Timing: we had so much sex

Typical LP length: unknown but obviously not 13 days like ovia thought

Testing: Bfns 8/11 and 8/15

R/R: still no AF over here. But my real rant is that I ordered some books for our Flagstaff trip and I called ups to upgrade my shipping to guarantee they'll arrive before we leave, but now it says they won't. I'm pretty frustrated about it but I guess I'll go to the bookstore and get new books myself. 😒 Rave for today is we had a really fun day yesterday. MH is trying to take my mind off this cycle and he's doing a pretty good job of it. He got me a masterclass on gardening that is pretty entertaining and I'm learning a lot!

CS/Q: nada

Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @bows22 - Welcome back, glad you had a great trip!
    @DoubleUp8 - Oh man a night alone sounds like pure bliss right now haha
    @photographerwife - Good luck with your house!

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD/DPO: 17/x 

Timing: Not great this month but hopefully we hit it. Normally, we just DTD enough to cover our bases after AF but I just couldn't muster up the energy to keep at it this month so we stuck to my estimated fertile window. 

Typical LP length: 9-11 days

Testing: Going to try not to until/if AF is late. 

R/R: Didn't get to go see my BFF over the weekend but we rescheduled for this weekend so that's something to look forward to! Also doing my CD21 labs on Friday to check my ovulation (and she wants to check my thyroid too) which I'm really excited about because it means we can move forward in this process. I'm so tired of HIO  :D

CS/Q: 

• @Amphibious22 - that stinks about your books! But yay for the masterclass! Gardening is one thing I just cannot get into. I mean, I like our vegetable garden but it's small and my DH does most of the work. Any other gardening just goes right over my head.
  • @photographerwife I hope it is now smooth sailing on the house closing. Going to things like that can be hard. It's like when people make comments about when are you having kids when they don't know your back story. They mean well, but they just aren't thinking. 

@Amphibious22 glad your DH is supporting you and helping you keep distracted.

@gusgus14 Good luck with all of the testing.

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @gusgus14 I know nothing about gardening bc we've never lived somewhere where we could have a garden, but now that we do, I'm starting to really get into it. I really like the masterclass bc he assumes you know nothing which helps me feel like I can do it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @photographerwife I’m sorry you had to go to a baby shower. You’re a good friend ❤️

@Amphibious22 stuff like that with shipping drives me nuts. I hope you get surprised and they come in time. Also I’m sorry you are in cycle limbo!

@gusgus14  we get tired of HIO too. Or, we’re just tired in general and sleep sounds better than sex haha. 

• @bows22 - I was talking to my doctor today and she was like "ugh that's so much work"  :D Yes, yes it is and I much prefer sleep lol. And I usually go up to bed an hour before DH so I'm all comfy and cozy and then have to reposition and wake myself up when it's time to get going. 
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited August 2020
    @BuckeyeNut05 Just know that you're always welcome back here whatever the case may be  <3 GL!

@bows22 glad you had a fun trip!

@DoubleUp8 omg salmon salad sounds so delicious! There's a dive bar near me that makes a fantastic salad with grilled salmon and now I want to go there sometime

@photographerwife ugh, I totally feel you on not feeling it. My friend's wedding was 2 weeks after finding out our FET failed and I just could not feel happy during the occasion with all the KU people there

@Amphibious22 Have you been using Ovia long? I know tracker apps take a while to figure you out. Are you at least going to get your money back for paying extra to guarantee when it would arrive? That totally blows.

@gusgus14 is there reason to believe you're not ovulating (I get that checking O is the starting point with all the testing though)? Every time they tested my progesterone I was only ever like 3DPO, but even at that point it was indicating ovulation so at least I didn't have that headache of trying to prove to them I O later than the "typical" O date. Also, I don't think I've mentioned this but the kitty in your picture is so cute!

Month/Cycle: 3+ years (why TF do I bother tracking the months anymore  :D)

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: next Saturday

R/R: I was decently productive this weekend! MIL still never remembers I can't eat gluten and dairy right now, and weirdly, I'm pretty sure she knows WHY when we haven't explicitly stated it so.... WTF. Should be a fun week with my therapy appointment (finally) and our consult with the 2nd RE. Hoping for an easy work week. Even something less stressful would be nice!

CS/Q: My temp dropped yesterday and is still a little low today so hmmmm. Totes implantation dip right? lol

ETA: adding chart

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - No, not really it's just the starting point but I also know that I typically do ovulate, just not strongly on my own and we need those numbers to determine next steps. And thank you! He's my usernamesake. His name is Gus but we call him Gus Gus. My co-worker found him in the middle of the road and he was estimated to be around 4 weeks old at the time. She couldn't keep him so I sent my husband a "don't be angry" text and brought him home with me hahaha. 

Good luck with your consult with the 2nd RE!  <3
  • @inthewoods23 I've been on and off on ovia for like 4 years. I wasn't really tracking for the 6 months before we started ttc though. And I'm working on not being a "karen" about stuff like that, so I'll probably just let it go. It never hurts to have extra books anyways.
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @gusgus14 awww he's lucky to have you! My cat Gir gets nicknamed Gir Bear or Kitten even though she's 8 😆

@Amphibious22 was it not much extra cost? Cuz I totally get that. Often I'm like "ehhhh I'll just imagine that went towards a fast food lunch". Feels less like I'm wasting money that way.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yeah it was only like $8. Not worth arguing with someone about it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @inthewoods23 when is your 2nd opinion appointment? Did you just call and say you started somewhere else but want a second opinion or how did you approach this? I’m going to be doing the same in (I think) October if I’m not KU and am just curious how you handled it!
  • @bows22 it's on Thursday. I thought I'd be asking for them using the nurse's line, but that's a separate option in the phone menu from the one that's for requesting records so I didn't feel awkward like I would have trying to request that from a nurse that's gotten to know me over the last 2 years. I just went vague with "I need to request my records" and she asked if I wanted them sent directly to me or via fax. I requested both just for my own curiosity! Other than that, they did ask for the name of the practice they are being sent to but didn't ask why. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I don't think it is uncommon for people to change practices. Especially while TTC. I switched practices in anticipation of TTC. I was with a practice that switched from the practice doctors/NPs/midwives delivering, to having  staff of the birth center at their hospital deliver. Plus there were a lot of make doctors. I didn't mind for a quick annual check up because it was convenient on my way to work, but for possibly being pregnant I wanted a practice that had their doctors in call at the hospital for delivering and had more women as their doctors/NPs/midwives. Might not have been necessary, but I am loving my new practice.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @amphibious22 it’s only been a little stressful, thankfully! That’s a bummer about your books! 

@gusgus14 hope your bloodwork goes well! 

@intheeoods23 yeah... I definitely didn’t have my normal energy about it. I hope your appt with your RE goes well!