Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What is your favorite season and why?

Re: Weekly Check-in /// Week of August 10

• edited August 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  18w6d
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  an artichoke 
    Upcoming appointments:  Aug 20 anatomy scan
    How are you feeling?:  Just had my first night of restless sleep due quite clearly to trying to sleep on my side (and failing throughout the night). I'm such a back sleeper that side sleeping is taking some getting used to. Every time I wake up, I'm close to or on my back. I have the pregnancy pillow and that helps tremendously, but I was camping and didn't have it this weekend. Full-on back spasms for the first hour trying to sleep on my side. Not fun. 
    Rants/Raves:  Feeling so full of life these days. Love all the outdoor activities I'm able to do. Hiking every weekend. Been keeping pretty active and feeling the positive hormones from pregnancy, so I've been really enjoying the 2nd tri so far. Continually feeling fortunate that I haven't yet (knock on wood) encountered many of the aches and pains that can occur in 2nd tri. Of course sleeping on my side (as mentioned) is an issue. But I'll take it if it's the only one. And the occasional moderate quickly-passing heartburn or acid reflux. Though I have a feeling that is bound to increase soon.
    Questions:  none
    GTKY: Summer. Love warm weather and spending time outdoors—picnicking, hiking, camping, being by the water, etc. Even in NYC in the unbearable humidity, summer is my favorite. There's (usually) so many festivals, events, and outdoor activities that I feel so alive at this time of year. Plus, I just really love being warm. Huge fan of hot yoga over here (sadly taking a break during pregnancy), so anything that makes me feel like I'm wrapped up in a sauna is amazing. I think spending the 2nd tri in summer is probably the best of all possible trimesters. But honestly, I think I'd be struggling if it was the 1st or 3rd. And as long as I don't spend too much time outside in the heat, it's completely manageable. 

whitealbum29 Glad to hear about the good news on NIPT results!
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 2021/ 16w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Boy

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avocado 

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan- Aug 24

How are you feeling?: Feeling kind of first tri-ish with regards to my emotions and being really tired. Hoping to get my lovely second tri energy back. 

Rants/Raves: My toddler is acting his age and trying to learn and understand his boundaries. He’s testing us from sun up to sun down with everything from rocks in the mouth to climbing onto the dining room table and swinging the chandelier. I logically know that this is normal and am really trying to be patient and loving. That said, I’m finding it really challenging at times. Anyway, we’ll get there... one day at a time. :)

Questions: Not at the moment 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? A tie between Spring and Fall. I love the new life in spring- the flowers and new leaves etc. I love fall clothes the most and the relief from the hot weather. 
  • briemobriemo member
    edited August 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/16 17w2d 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    A pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: Today, go back next week for anatomy ultrasound!

How are you feeling?: pretty okay, have a headache today 😅

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: my doc asked me today “what I plan on doing with the information” from the quad screen...I thought this was a weird ? 
    I just want to know my baby is okay since I got a half ass 1st tri screen....
    Isn’t  a quad screen a normal part of pregnancy testing?? He makes me feel like I’m demanding these things 🙃

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Fall! I live in AZ where it’s really hot in the summer and it’s starts to cool down and feel amazing again till next June ❤️ I’m also a shameless “basic bitch” who loves pumpkin spice season
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28 15 weeks 4 days
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Hass Avocado
    Upcoming appointments: this Friday for a general OB appt
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good, my energy has picked up and I've slept pretty well the past week. 
    Rants/Raves: waiting to hear from daycare if my son can go back in a couple weeks. I'm so over working from home with a 3 year old part time. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Fall! I love the cooler weather and colors as the leaves change. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 18 weeks, 1 days

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Her fist is the size of an M&M, and she's the size of an artichoke or sweet potato.

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan this Thursday

How are you feeling?: Good! The urge to pee frequently is getting annoying. I had better get used to it though.

Rants/Raves: Got our first Hello Fresh box in probably more than a year! So excited to not have to think about what's for dinner as often.

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? I love the changing of the seasons in general, but I really like spring and fall. Spring because it's warmer, but not too hot, and fall because it's not too cold, but you can still get nice and cozy. I basically don't want to be uncomfortably hot or bitter cold. 

@whitealbum29 Glad to hear about your good NIPT results!
    @oaktree6 My 2-year-old is doing the same thing. I'm trying to come up with different ways of saying no without actually saying it (depending on what boundary she is currently testing), and also giving her reasons for why I'm saying no to something. It certainly is a challenge, but we will get through it!
    @briemo I thought quad screening was a standard part of pregnancy testing, too. But I'm also a woman of a certain age (37). What happened with your first trimester screening?
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28 15w 4d
    FTM/STM/STM+: #5
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange...really these all seem to run together for me, orange, avocado, peach...send to all be around the same size. 
    Upcoming appointments: Friday with MFM for cervical check and ultrasound (these will be every 2 weeks)
    How are you feeling?: Good! I start taking my hydroxyprogesterone injections this week which I’m excited for (peace of mind) and not excited for (thick serum injection). I’m also excited to talk to MFM about the SCH and hopefully see if it’s shrinking. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is your favorite season and why?
    Tie between summer and fall. Summer has my birthday, 3 of my kids birthdays, and our anniversary. I also loooove warmth and all the usual festivals/carnivals/parades that happen. 
    Fall has amazing weather, food, scenery (I live right by the mountains), and I live for sweaters, cardigans, and cute jackets. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• @supersara2

i was too far along (they kept saying I was almost 2 weeks behind for some reason) 
    so when I did the finger prick blood draw they *never ran the sample bc apparently the Sonogram showed I was too far along and would have apparently given abnormal results 😐
     so I got like half an NT scan where that doc confirmed I am further along.

it’s been very frustrating to say the least

We’re all finally on the same page that I’m 17w
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    19 weeks 1/4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM +

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Mango

Upcoming appointments: 8/24 AS and MFM appointment

How are you feeling?: still feeling nausea in and off. My SI joints and hips are also done and I’m not even half way there. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? I love autumn, the temperature is the best here in the south - mid 70s and perfect for all outdoor activities. Plus autumn foods and my favorite holiday, thanksgiving?

@briemo I never had a quad screen, but I’m under 35. My doctor has always asked what I would do with additional testing info, if your answer is nothing he doesn’t do it. 1) because it’s expensive on the system and 2) because not all screening is accurate and if it comes back bad it could have you worried for nothing. If it may change how you proceed with the pregnancy, that’s usually when he orders the testing. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks 5 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Navel orange
    Upcoming appointments: 8/14 for 16 week check-up
    How are you feeling?: Really good! I've had no morning sickness and energy is pretty good. Still regularly working out. I get a little dizzy working out so I have to take a lot of breaks in this heat.
    Rants/Raves: We just sold our house and there is nothing on the market. We got a long close but that looming date has me feeling a little nervous. I hope we find something!
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Summer! Especially with the covid, I enjoy being able to get outside and go on walks, work out, get on the river, etc. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19w 1d
    FTM/STM/STM+: stm 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Zucchini
    Upcoming appointments: Had my anatomy scan today!
    How are you feeling?: Well energy and nausea-wise, but I’ve been having a lot of abdominal aches that don’t feel exactly like RLP, it’s hard to describe. By the end of the day, after running after a very energetic kid, I’m pretty worn out.
    Rants/Raves: I have a big one this week...I’ve been really excited for when my parents can come and help us, we’ve been making tons of plans. But I just realized that with our oldest in school, they might not feel comfortable coming. I don’t think I want to pull our oldest out of school for the entire time my parents are here, in a way it’s better to have her in school than at home despite the extra help, but I also kinda want my cake and eat it too. It’s been a big bummer this week.
    Questions: does anyone have recommendations for a bassinet stroller? A stroller is really all we need for baby #2, and I’ve been wanting a bassinet one for years.
    GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Winter. It’s the only time it rains here, everything looks so green and beautiful.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w6d 1/20/20
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado 
    Upcoming appointments: Thursday for a routine pregnancy appt. anatomy scan early September!
    How are you feeling?: pretty good, not as tired anymore thankfully. 
    Rants/Raves: I’m still in the mostly just looks like I gained 10 pounds, not like I’m pregnant phase. I hope I pop soon and can wear my maternity shirts!
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Definitely fall. I love the temperature, the leaves, the activities, and October is my birthday month! I’ve actually tried each time for a fall baby and only succeeded once but TW unfortunately that pregnancy ended in mc. So I’ll have two January’s and an April! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19 +5
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bowl of cereal
    Upcoming appointments: nothing til anatomy scan Sept 1
    How are you feeling?: Not bad so I'll take it. Feeling movement which is really fun!
    Rants/Raves: our internet isn't working again. Went out yesterday and the tech doesn't come til tomorrow afternoon. Coincides nicely with our first week of virtual learning. Also our car rear brakes went out. Fixing them but we are in dire need of a new car cause I don't think this one is going to make it through the winter.
    Questions: Car recommendations for 4 kids? My in-laws have a Chrysler Pacifica which I really like, but I also want to consider a hybrid of some sort. Not sure about the Pacifica hybrid. Probably need a van but maybe an SUV?! I hate making decisions like this. 
    GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Midwestern summer. Soooooo wonderful. Sitting outside is the best. Also really looking forward to Midwest fall after 4 years in the south. But I will freeze fast and regret it!
  • @kat11223344 we just got the Honda Odyssey and I love it. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Ooooo Honda Odyssey is on our short list! Probably that, the Toyota sienna or the Pacifica. Basically 3 versions of the same thing lol
  • @marynog I have the uppababy Vista that came with the bassinet and regular seat. Love it! I actually kept it on the house the first month or so as a portable bassinet! DD got to nap all around the house with me.

@kat11223344 sounds like you are leaning van, but just wanted to say we really like our Buick Enclave (check for car seat anchors in all back seats not just middle though)
  • @amm126 due date twins!
    @carleym93 i'm so sorry about your bad news. I'll be thinking about you.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28/21 16+1
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a CD
    Upcoming appointments: I had an appt yesterday so it'll be another 4 weeks

How are you feeling?: overall pretty good but I feel like a house. I'm showing so much sooner than I did with DD and it has made me self conscious. I know I should embrace the bump and wear maternity clothes but for now I've been sicking with flowy shirts trying to cover it up.

Rants/Raves: this week was a bit challenging, I applied for a new job (I've been at my job for 13 years) and despite having 2 friends who work there and having similar / more experience than them, I was rejected. I know they used some sort of data analytics to go over my case study that I submitted because I don't think there is anyway someone could have read it (I submitted it late Sunday night and I got the form rejection email early Monday morning). I don't blame them for doing this but it is very frustrating. It would have been a pretty significant pay increase which was making 2 kids in daycare seem more manageable. So womp womp and I've spent the week trying to be more positive about my current career. 

Questions: what do you use for pregnancy acne? I've been using a 1% salicylic acid face wash and I got some azelaic acid from ulta that was recommended in another group. I have more pimples these days than I did as a teenager. I don't go anywhere so I rarely wear makeup.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? I LOVE summer and warm weather and sunshine but about this time of year I get really excited for fall. I lived in Phoenix for a bit after college and I missed changing seasons so much. (I'm in the midwest now)
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @MaryNog I have a bit of a stroller obsession and spend a lot of time googling about this. Currently we have a single jogging stroller, an uppababy cruz, and a frame stroller for our infant carseat. I'd like to sell some of these and get a double bob and then a double front to back modular of some sort. The vista is a possibility but I might just try to borrow the vista bassinet from a friend for the newborn months since it'll fit on our Cruz. Our carseat doesn't clip into vista. I was also looking at the Mockingbird or City Select... our carseat (graco) will work with both of these. 

more info than you wanted? probably hahaha. FWIW I didn't have a bassinet stroller for DD and she did fine in her carseat attached to strollers. 
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you for sharing your experience @jumpy57! And for all that awesome info @lacroixliz ! We had a stroller that adapted with the car seat for our oldest, but I never liked it much. The positioning looked so uncomfortable! 
  • I’m sorry for all the bad news, @carleym93. Will be thinking of you.
  • @carleym93 I’m so sorry to hear about your cervical news, I have bi weekly MFM appointments for the same reason, so I understand the stress that comes with your dang cervix and not being able to control it’s length. I’ll keep you in my prayers and hope that the restricted activity and weekly ultrasounds keep that baby in place at least until viability (and hopefully for much longer after that). You’ve got this-and not in a lame pep talk sort of way-in a “you are a bada** woman who is strong, capable, and you CAN handle whatever is thrown your way.” ❤️
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• @carleym93 I’m sorry that you’re going through this, crossing everything that your cervix cooperates!
  • You’re in my thoughts @carleym93. ❤️
  • @carleym93 I am so sorry to hear you're going through this. Keeping you in my thoughts.
    @lacroixliz I feel the same way about my bump. I'm not ready to bust out the maternity shirts yet. I've been wearing the kinds of t-shirts you get for free at events to get by. It's not my best look but at least I'm comfortable!
  • @carleym93 ❤️❤️❤️
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited August 2020
    Just catching up on last week, the last few days got away from me. 

@carleym93 So sorry to miss this update the other day and sorry for the bad news! I hope your cervix cooperates and you're able to keep Baby in for a long time again...hopefully the fact that you delivered at 38 weeks last time even with this issue, is a good sign! Thinking of you!
    @lavenderclouds I'm normally such a side sleeper but the fact that I have to now is making it difficult! My hips start hurting if I'm on one side for too long. But my doctor said that being almost on your back is fine so I just try to prob a pillow or blanket next to me so I don't go totally flat.
    @lacroixliz I'm sorry about the job! Not specifically for pregnancy acne but my favorite anti-acne product that I've ever found is Aveda's Outer Peace pads. They're expensive but I cut them in half so they last longer.