Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTF Wednesday 8.12

What kind of nonsense is going on in your life today?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTF Wednesday 8.12

• Options
    WTF/TMI Wednesday here.  i am pretty convinced i have a UTI, so when my doc called yesterday to confirm my CD21 testing for this morning, i asked if they would be able to run a urine sample as well.  they said they might be able to , depending how busy, fine.  i guess too busy today because it requires me sitting in with a doc so they can order the test.  fine. called my general practitioner, shes out til friday and needs to be the one to order the test.  wound up securing an appointment this afternoon with a new doc a little further from home, but whatever.  the process of them running the sample just seems so unneccessary!!
  • Options
    @asf0613 I had a similar thing when the RE had us retake the infectious disease tests. I scheduled to do it at the same time as either my baseline US or during the consent signing (which DH is needed for). No one told me that DH had to book his own appointment for it so they weren't prepared to do his blood draw. They legit had to talk to the lab first. It's the one thing I haven't been fond of with our clinic. They also had told him way back before our ER that he could come in at a time that worked better for him to do his portion of the consent signing - no appointment needed. His work is 10 minutes from our clinic but he's really busy with meetings sometimes and can't always miss even a few minutes of work. Well guess who waited a whole hour to be able to go in and sign some damn papers!! He was so mad that he had to wait so long for something that took not even 10 minutes.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 ill never understand these things.  seem so simple yet become overcomplicated.

to boot, i waited in my car for almost half an hour to go inside---the struggle to "hold it in" was real!  but end result i got my antibiotics so all good.
  • Options
    My WTF Wednesday is my own mood swings. I go from crying to rip your head off to chipper. It's driving me crazy! I did some googling, bc of course, and apparently the "Clomid crazies" are "famous". My OB did NOT mention anything like this weeks after I finished taking them. I'm wondering if I've lost my mind...
    WTF GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt Perfect gif for what you’re describing. Hope it gets better soon! 

My WTF Wednesday is that I’m on a serious deadline for work this week, but my work laptop has stopped allowing me access to the system I need to use to complete the work by the deadline!!! So here I am setting up my new personal laptop to try to access things that way, but my personal laptop is taking forever to set up. 

• Options
    I keep forgetting to mention this WTF 😆

1. Conceive Plus has a shelf life of only 3 months
    2. The directions say to use a full TEASPOON amount

My engineer brain did some math and looked it up. The bottle we have is 75mL. After converting 1tsp to mL you would only get 15 uses out of the container if used based on the directions. So like, that makes sense if you're only using it in your FW but....

How much lubrication does the average person need??? 1tsp is almost 5mL!! I have never used that much in my life!!

Whhaaaaaaaat??
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I used to use conceive plus last year and I'm sorry I never used the full teaspoon either. 5ml seems like alot of lube 😂 I know it says if only has a shelf life of only 3 months but mine lasted way past that. Probably cause I didn't use that much lol