Infertility

August FET

I know August is still a few weeks away, but I thought I would get this board started for all of us who are planning on an August FET. I am tentatively scheduled for an FET on Aug 26, but have had 3 FETs canceled due to poor lining this year so I am cautiously optimisitic. I went in for a saline sonogram yesterday and got the thumbs up to proceed so I feel like we've gptten the ball rolling again!  

Re: August FET

• nicsynnicsyn member
    @caitb13 Congrats on your upcoming transfer! I am tentatively scheduled for 8/24.  :) This will be my 1st FET.
    Me: 37  DH: 37
    Dx: MFI: Low Morph, Low Mot, Very High ASAB (97%)
    TTC since 2017, Dx in 2019
    --delay due to DH working out of state + COVID--
    June 2020 - IVF cycle #1 w/ICSI & PGS: 12 ER, 12 M, 7 F, 3 Frozen (1 day 6 blast, 2 day 7blast), 2 Normal (1d6 XX, 1d7 XY)
    August 2020 - FET #1: 8/24 (6d XX) Beta #1: 240, Beta #2: 1565
  • Intro with TW......

Hi everyone :) I’m moving onward from the June and July FET boards. **TW** ...

I got pregnant in 2018 from our very first FET and have a 14 month old daughter. We are TTC #2 and have had 2 failed FET’s in June and July. I just had my blood drawn this morning for my beta, but I’ve been testing at home and getting bfn... so likely/hopefully onto an August transfer. Looking forward to following along this journey with you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • TW in siggy

Hi everyone! I had my egg retrieval back in July and I’m waiting on PGS results. I’m hoping for an August FET. I’ll know more next week. 

Nevertheless, I'll be rooting for everyone. 
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Welcome @PCOSbaby! :)

My CD1 was yesterday, so I am back on estrace until CD14 which will be August 5th. Then I will have blood work and US and hopefully have a transfer on August 11th. 
  • Thank you @nicsyn! Our transfer dates are so close together! 

@sfield21 I'm sorry that July wasn't your month. :'( But it's exciting that you get to move right into another transfer. 

@PCOSbaby I have my fingers crossed for you for lots of healthy embryos! 
  • Hi Everyone! 

I had a failed fresh transfer in June and now I’m moving forward with donor eggs. I’m awaiting pgt-a results right now but will begin PIO shots as soon as the results are in. I’m hoping for an early to mid August FET. I’m excited to be here with all of you. 
  • Welcome @keeptrying23! Have you got your results yet?

AFM, I went in for my baseline ultrasound and blood work today and got the green light to start meds.

** TW ** I'm trying not to get too hopeful, but we're using the protocol from my old clinic that resulted in our daughter.  I've had lining issues with the standard protocol at my new clinic so FX this tried and true method works again. 
  • I did get my results today. I got 9 normal embryos. I’m very excited. I should be transferring soon. They are checking my lining and doing bloodwork tomorrow. 
  • @keeptrying23 congratulations!! Those are amazing results! 

• My FET will probably be next month (just got our PGT-A results today) but I’m lurking on this thread to get a sneak peek for the process and might ask some questions. Good luck everyone! 
    36F, DH41
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained infertility
    ER #1 Nov 2019, ER #2 Feb 2020, ER #3 July 2020
    3 normal embryos
  • Hi all, joining you here as my July transfer (my first FET) was officially negative after my beta yesterday.  Fingers crossed that things go smoothly and I get to try again at the end of this month!!

TTC since May 2019
    Me - age 32, PCOS, hypothyroid, HBP, unicornate uterus and Protein S deficiency
    DH - 36, mild MFI
    December 2019 - March 2020 - 4 cycles of Letrozol + ovulation tracking - all BFN
    April 2020 - 1 IUI - BFN
    May 2020 - IVF
    Cycle #1 ER - 29 ER, 26 Fertilized, 10 made it to 5days, all frozen
    July 2020 - FET #1 - BFN
    August 2020 - hopefully FET #2

• This may have been answered but are there any tricks to making the progesterone in oil shots less painful? I feel bruised and covered in knots. 
  • @keeptrying23 when do you do the shots? I do mine in the morning and find if I keep moving after the shot I’m less likely to get knots. As for the bruising... That’s harder. Have you watched the nurse Linda videos? 

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @keeptrying23 I have found that massaging the area of injection for a few minutes after really helped me.
  • Thank you both! I’ve never seen that video before. It’s just extremely difficult to reach that spot as it’s just me and I’m overweight. I’m going to try and see if I can somehow do it by myself. I’ve been doing my thighs. 
  • @keeptrying23 oh yes. It’s much more painful to inject in the thighs. There are other videos of women demonstrating doing it themselves. It’s a challenge but I think it gets easier the more you do it. 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @keeptrying23 Yikes, in your thighs?! I have heard that is an option, but more painful than the butt cheek. Check out some videos on youtube of women doing it themselves. I do mine myself, it isn't easy but I make do. I lie down on our bed with a few pillows to prop up my chest and head so I can see around easier. I think I resist sometimes as I'm inserting the needle, but I think the times it has hurt less is when I do the quick, dart like action. Plus trying to stay steady as you are injecting it. I use a warming pad before and after, plus massage the area after for a few minutes. 

AFM: I had my checkup yesterday, lining is at 10 mm and estrogen is at 870. I start progesterone tonight; 1 Crinone applicator per day and 1 mL of PIO daily. My transfer is scheduled for Tuesday August 11th at 1:40 
  • Good luck to all the August FET ladies!!!
    I have my suppression check ultrasound scheduled for 8/21 and will start estrogen the next day if all looks good :) If lining grows as expected, the transfer day is 9/11. While the date is tragic, it's also my husband birthday.

I'll probably lurk here for now and then create/join September FET thread once it's closer to the date :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Thanks. I’ll try it on the bed though it looks super difficult. I had my transfer today at 9:30am. One 4AA female. They have me coming back to test August 15th. I doubt I’ll be able to wait that long. Good luck on your transfers!
  • caitb13caitb13 member
    edited August 2020
    Welcome @emilynoel23 and @FuzzyDust!

@sfield21 That's so exciting! And a what a great lining!

I have my fingers crossed for you @keeptrying23. I haven't done PIO shots, but my doctor recommended something called a Buzzy. It's made for kids who receive frequent injections, but she said her patients swear by it.  
  • @keeptrying23 I hope your transfer went well, Fingers Crossed for you!! 
    How are the PIO shots going for you? I have noticed these two things helping me greatly.... inserting the needle really quickly and then slowly injecting the pio. I was doing them every 3rd night, but now I'm up to every night. I think it's easier every night since I get into a routine, and I'm getting better almost every time. 
  • Thank you @sfield21! The shots are getting better. I have been doing them in my hip. Sometimes it bleeds a lot but the pain after is better. 
  • @keeptrying23 glad to hear :)

I had my transfer this morning and everything went well. One 5BB transferred. At the time of freezing it was graded as 4BB and after thawing it is now a 5BB... any idea what that means? Wrong grading to begin with or did it develop further during the thawing and assisted hatching procedure? None of my embryos have done that before. 

Also just curious, immediately following the embryo transfer what do your RE’s/clinics do? At my clinic the embryologist double checks that the embryo is not in the syringe and tube to confirm transfer, then my RE says “stay laying down for 5 minutes and then you’re good to go”. I’m going to try and take it easy now until beta in 12 days on Sunday August 23rd. Hopefully 3rd tries the charm for baby #2! 
  • @sfield21 Congrats on your transfer! The higher number means the embryo started to hatch. That’s such a great thing!!! Mine hadn’t hatched yet at transfer. 

At my clinic they check the tube but then immediately let me run to the bathroom. They said to rest the day of transfer but it didn’t need to be bed rest. They also said to refrain from intercourse or strenuous activity until the completion of the blood test. 

Baby dust to you!
  • @sfield21 Congratulations on your transfer! I'm not sure what the protocol is at my current clinic, but at my last clinic they checked the tube and had me lay on the table for about 15 minutes. I was instructed to take it easy the day of the transfer and abstain from intercourse for 10 days.

How are you feeling @keeptrying23? Are you going to test early or wait until the blood test?
  • @caitb13  I tested early and saw a squinter yesterday and a light one this morning. I’m cautiously hopeful. I have had a lot of symptoms so that helps assure me. Truthfully, I don’t know if I’ll ever stop worrying or feel like things are safe. 
  • @keeptrying23 that's so exciting!!
  • @keeptrying23 That’s very exciting! Have you tested again since? 

Rooting for the other August transfers that are coming up very quickly! :blush:

AFM I tested this morning at 5DP5DT and it was positive :smile: my beta isn’t until next Sunday so I’ll stay cautiously excited. My sister did a gender reveal this morning for our family and I shared our news with them as well. Since they were all waiting! So it was a happy morning for us. 

• Yay @sfield21!! That's so exciting!
  • @laurad75 .... thanks for the love. How have you been holding up? I've been thinking of you. 
    How did the follow up appt go? Any chance for an August transfer?
  • Thanks @sfield21.  I'm doing well.  I've been busy and distracted so I'm not dwelling on the loss.  I was not able to schedule a follow up until 9/1 which was upsetting at first but my blood work last week showed that I still had some hCG and I need to wait for it to go down to 0 before we do anything anyway.  I have another blood draw on Thursday and my doctor has requested recurring MC labs to see if there is anything obvious we need to address.  We are on vacation next week and then the appt will be the following Tuesday and hopefully at that point we can get moving on a new cycle.  I don't want to jump into a new cycle until we are sure there isn't something besides embryo issues causing the failures so I'm okay waiting.  

BTW - I emailed my nurse last week to request she ask my doctor about running additional tests.  I didn't want to wait until 9/1 for him to ask for labs or other testing.  I'm glad I asked and it was a reminder how important it is that we advocate for ourselves.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @sfield21 Congrats!!! That’s a dark line for so early. 

TW- My first beta was 80.5 and my second today was 153. I’m freaking out because it didn’t double. It also seems low. I don’t understand why this can’t ever be easy. I always feel so close but never achieve what I want. Ugh. 
  • @laurad75 Glad to hear you're getting further testing done. I'm hoping your hCG is at 0 this week... what a pain this whole process is. 

@keeptrying23 It certainly is a difficult time in our lives. Your hCG basically doubled, its so close. I wouldn't be too worried. How many days past transfer are you? Are you having another beta done? Fingers crossed for you  <3
  • The second beta was done at 11 Dpt. I’ll be 5 weeks on Saturday and that’s the next beta test. I’m trying to distract myself until then. 
  • @keeptrying23 I think those are pretty good numbers then! My clinic doesn’t do the first beta until 12DP5DT. Fingers crossed for good news on Saturday <3
  • @sfield21 Thinking of you. I hope you got good news today!
  • @keeptrying23 thanks very much for the well wishes :) update in spoiler 

TW....I had my first beta test today at 12DP5DT and my hcg level was 795. Hoping for doubling on Tuesday! With my 15 month old daughter it was 612 at 11DP5DT. 

• @keeptrying23 how did your next beta go on Saturday? I have my second beta today. 
  • Second beta results were 1840 at 14DP5DT. On to our first US on September 10th :blush:

• @sfield21 that's an amazing first beta! Thinking of you today and have my fingers crossed that it doubles. 

Thinking of you @keeptrying23

We got the green light to proceed with our fet tomorrow. I'm so excited we're finally at this stage!