Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 8.3

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What crystal/gemstone is your favorite and why?

TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 8.3

• @chindimples04 from TWW...you said: last cycle was 10.5 days. AF showed up noon on 11dpo, which would be Wednesday. But I’m not having an AF signs like I did last cycle. I was having constant backaches and super sore nipples/boobs this time last cycle. Although *TW LC* I have noticed DD is biting more when she’s done nursing. Not sure if it’s because I’m unintentionally holding her closer and she can’t pop off or if it’s because she’s frustrated from a supply dip.

Putting my response in spoiler since I wrote a novel...sorry!
    So I've had the backaches and cramping in my two cycles where I got pregnant 7-10DPO AND last cycle so I was convinced I was pregnant last cycle (I wasn't and AF came at 18-19DPO). I also never noticed DD1 have an issue with BFing until I was way pregnant. Neither girl has bit me during or right before my 3 periods while BF although both have bit me related to teething. Although DD1 just popped off with no biting when my milk finally dried up around 20 weeks pregnant and was like "peace out" since there was little/no milk. I never had to wean - she did it on her own and/because the milk just dried up. BUT also, the milk can change flavor with AF OR pregnancy which pisses some kiddos off apparently. Essentially, the same reasons that YD could be doing anything related to AF affecting your milk (taste or supply) could also be related to pregnancy...just like everything else that's a pregnancy AND AF symptom lol.
    FFMC: I was still googling and researching ways that my chart can show I'm pregnant even though I've done this two times before and it's really ONLY the elevated temps for 18 days and it pisses me off b/c my LP is so long so 18 days of elevated temps wouldn't mean I'm pregnant so I can't/won't wait for AF even though testing early made me crazy last cycle and I have a weird hope even when I see the BFN b/c of no AF.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Oh and one of the biggest things I came over here to say and then totally forgot! @chindimples04 BF can cause a shorter than normal LP, sometime even a LP defect. IDK wtf is going on with mine being long (although I've charted a few times while TTC, I've been coming off of BC, gotten pregnant fairly quickly, and still BFing last time so I have no idea how long my LP is when my hormones are normal).

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 9/10

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. It's likely our last cycle without any help. Talking to my doctor soon about doing CD21 blood work and then hopefully starting Clomid or Femara next cycle (not sure which yet but I did 3 cycles of clomid last time and there's a lifetime max). 

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave? I already ranted on another thread but basically work is super busy right now and it's stressing me out. I should probably stay off the bump and get to work buuuuuut there's too much to do and I don't want to do any of it lol.

GTKY: What crystal/gemstone is your favorite and why? Uhhhhhh I have no idea  :D I don't even think I know very many crystals/gemstones outside of my birthstones. 

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? Benched

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Annoyed I can get into my doctor to get this sorted out sooner. 

Any questions? *Data nerd warning* Intrigued because my temps has dropped in the past 5 days. I was getting temps in the 98.15-98.3 range when I started temping following what I thought was my period. After my most recent bout of bleeding, which started tapering over the weekend my temps have been in the 97.6-97.9 range. I feel like this temp drop supports the current theory which is sad, but strangely I am feeling positive because maybe this is a sign my body is returning to normal. 

Rant/Rave? It was low enough humidity and temps that we were able to leave the windows open all day while I was working from home. I was so excited to get some fresh air in the house. AC is a life saver, but I hate having the house all closed up. 

GTKY: What crystal/gemstone is your favorite and why? Blue Topaz. I love the color blue and it's so pretty!

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @kvh22 DD is getting molars, too, but she didn’t bite with any of the other 9 teeth. I noticed a supply dip last cycle but she never bit then, either.  🤷🏻‍♀️ AF to start this cycle was my first full bleed in 23 months, minus the after birth bleeding, so the 10.5 days could also just be hormones adjusting. I know it’s early to test and early in the journey, but that BFN hit different this morning and I pathetically and irrationally cried in bed for 15 minutes. We’ll see what happens Wednesday.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well, BFN this morning at 9dpo, so I cried my irrational feelings out. Now I’m just waiting to see if AF shows her face on Wednesday. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I get to go into my BRAND SPANKING NEW classroom tomorrow to unpack and I’m super excited about it! It’s just to unpack but it’s a brand new building untouched my children and there is something satisfying and distracting  about unpacking. 

GTKY: What crystal/gemstone is your favorite and why? Diamonds, opals (although I’d never do it in jewelry as it’s way too soft), and anyone of the blue gems. My least favorite is mine (August). 🤣 It’s just....not a pretty green to me.

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @gusgus14 I hope work calms down a bit soon. Sorry it's super overwhelming for you. I hope this cycle is it for you, but if not I hope you get a good plan in place with your ObGyn.
    @DoubleUp8 I'm so sorry you're stuck without being able to see your doctor right now. Sending big hugs your way! Blue topaz is a stunning stone. I'm especially fond of London blue topaz.
    @chindimples04 I'm so sorry about your BFN and that it's hitting differently this cycle. I think we all have those cycles. Hang in there. I'm glad you're getting to unpack your classroom today! That's something exciting to look forward to. I love the stones you mentioned, but I also really love peridot.  Some people don't like the limey grassy green of it but I think it's stunning.

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 6/waiting for 6
    WTO/TWW? WFAF... still...
    Ages of other child(ren)? 6, 2
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Ready for it to end. Calling my ObGyn tomorrow.
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? It's finals week so I'm slammed with school work. Oddly I feel really calm about all of it though. Even though I have a massive term paper due at the end of the week and I have my final exam due for my other class I am extremely confident in my ability to do really well on all of it. I've grown a lot as a student this semester which is super reassuring. My girlfriend broke up with me two days ago which was absolutely heartbreaking and I'm still trying to work through my feelings about that. MH has been so supportive through all of it and I have an awesome group of friends to reach out to but it's been rough. I miss her a lot.
    GTKY: What crystal/gemstone is your favorite and why? The reason I asked this is because I'm witchy and curious lol. I love talking crystals with people and I have a MASSIVE collection so if anyone WANTS to learn more about them I'm SO down to chat about it! My current favorite is obsidian. It's a wonderful grounding stone and it really helps me relax when I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @gusgus14 I hope work gets better!

@chindimples04 I'm sorry about the BFN. Enjoy moving into your new classroom!

@ashaislurking I'm so sorry about your break up. I hope after finals week you get a bit of a break and AF gets her act together. 

I called my OB today and got my appointment moved up to 8/18 (it was 8/24). Now I am trying to decide if it's annoying to call again on Thursday, or if I should wait until Friday to call again and see if they have any openings for next week. I know I'm tricky to schedule since they are doing a sonogram followed by an appointment with the doctor, but I am crossing my fingers. My spotting is a lot less and my temps are still dropping, lowest temp yet this morning, so I would love to be cleared to try again in August, even if figuring out my cycle would be tricky. 

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 I just hope we can come up with a solid plan to get my next cycle started. I ordered a couple of books and journals (that should be here today) to help me practice better self-care in the next few weeks before the fall semester starts up (8/31). I'm glad they got your appointment moved up a little. I'd personally wait until Friday to see if they have openings next week (or you could call sooner and see if they could put you on a waitlist if that's something your office does for earlier openings).
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• AF just showed up. 😭 9.5 dpo. How the fuck am I supposed to get KU with such a short LP. 😭😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔💔
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 ugh I'm so sorry  <3 I have a short LP and it is so frustrating!
  • @chindimples04 Luteal phase defect is a potential side effect of BF. How frequently are you nursing YD? You could try seed cycling and/or look into proov strips (I've been using them to confirm O but they are meant to detect progesterone that's too low 7-10dpo). Someone in one of the dailies (I think) shared this seed cycling link: https://helloclue.com/articles/culture/seed-cycling-i-tried-it-and-dug-into-the-research-on-whether-it-works
    For the proov strips, they're a bit pricey and idk that your doc would do anything with the results since you're BF and once you stop, your LP could lengthen. Was your LP 14 days long before your pregnancy? I'm sorry, I know that's got to be super frustrating! This article has a short section on the LPD while BF (scroll down): https://www.avawomen.com/avaworld/luteal-phase-defect/. I believe it's something that also just regulates over time even if you don't stop BF so don't make a knee jerk reaction.

• @kvh22 I wasn’t temping before DD so I’m not 100% sure but I’m assuming close to 14 days. Definitely not this short. We are only BFing 3 times a day for a total of 10 minutes max. Like, hardly at all, seriously. I’m going to message my
    midwife just to share what I know and if she has suggestions or opinions or options, which I’m sure she doesn’t. Lol.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 ugh yea let us know what she says. Between DD1 and DD2, I messaged my OB about not having my period back yet and was that normal and should I go off the POP (since it slightly contributes to not getting your cycle back) and she was like NO DON'T STOP TAKING THE PILL (essentially) - she feels strongly in waiting 12 months between pregnancies which I'm all for as well and went off it and just didn't have sex for a few weeks which was no skin off my nose knowing we'd start doing it so much for TTC soon anyways.

• @chindimples04 I'm so sorry hun! Maybe check in with your ObGyn about your LP concerns just to see what they say
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking I sent my midwife a message this afternoon. I’m sure I won’t hear back for a while, but that’s fine, I have about 20 days before I’m in a TWW again. 
    TTC History

• I talked to my midwife this morning. We talked through the details of the last two cycles, timing, O day, LP length, BBT shifts, OPK results and such. She basically said I’m doing all the right things and my body is probably still recovering from the IUD removal. She said she wouldn’t be surprised if my O shifts more closer to normal this cycle being that it’s month 3 without an IUD. She did also recommend just going for EOD timing start CD11, so that’s what we will do this cycle. I was leaning towards EOD anyway as that’s what we did for DD and it worked well. When we tried ED then, we weren’t successful, either. All of this I knew but hearing it from her made me feel better. I seriously love my midwife. I wish I could just keep her in my pocket. She is the sweetest thing! 
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 that's sounds like such a great conversation!! Really reassuring. I've heard EOD recommended if you don't know for sure there are no sperm issues. We had better luck with ED timing than EOD timing previously but idk if I'll do ED again (at least not 10 days in a row of it). I've definitely had super wonky cycles coming off of POP and postpartum/BF so I'm sure it'll regulate soon.

• @chindimples04 I'm really glad you had a good chat with your midwife! Hopefully you're feeling a bit better moving forward. It's also great to know from her that you're tracking all the right things!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking unfortunately they don't do a wait list, which is a pain because my schedule is pretty flexible right now.

@chindimples04 I'm glad you were able to get a hold of your mid-wife and she was able to give you information and help you feel better. Fingers crossed things start looking better this next cycle.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• This just in...daycare is closed until further notice. Two people are being tested for covid. 👎🏼 So, now I have no child care. Awesome.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 oh wow! When does school start for you? That's crazy. It's an in-home, right? Have you been sending YD during the summer while you're off? There's only 3 kids right now at DD1s class (this was her first week b/c I had 7-8 hours of meetings most days and DH always has a ton). You definitely need to be virtual so you can watch her if this happens at all.  We're considering a nanny share with our neighbor for DD2 for a few hours a day and I don't know what I would do with just me and DH in the house. It's been almost 5 months of all 4 of us home.

• @kvh22 yes, TINY in home. Only 5 kids max a day. She has gone once, for 3.5 hours last week Tuesday, since March 12. She reopened 2.5 weeks ago, July 20. My contract has started, first day with students September 1.
    TTC History

• @DoubleUp8 YAYYY!!! It's so vindicating when that happens. I had to do that for an appointment with my daughter for a hemangioma (strawberry) on her foot. The pediatric seem was booking out months but I got on the wait list and jumped when they had a same day cancellation and got us in really quickly. My ped was pissed when she heard when our original appoiyhad been and said it was super important she got in ASAP so I was relieved (and at 14.5 months you can barely see anything on her foot). Anyway, keep us updated 💕

• @DoubleUp8 - that's awesome!!
  • @chindimples04 Oh no! Do you need to get DD tested?
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @kvh22 How has the treatment been for your daughter's hemangioma? One of the Moms from my BMB had a daughter with one on her hand, I think it was the same thing. She had laser treatments and it really helped.

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 we just rubbed beta blocker drops (same ones as for your eyes) on it twice a day for 8 months. We started it when she was a couple of weeks old. They grow from birth to one year then start to fade. It seriously is barely noticeable and will keep fading. It cost us about $130 OOP. We're kind of lucky that it was in a "bad" location b/c normally it's not fully covered and/or recommended to treat so early. It was at risk of opening up and getting infected when she started crawling so we "had" to treat it right away, it wasn't just cosmetic (but one of those things I'm sure would have bothered her). I'll go back and find a pic if it and post before and now.

• @kvh22 I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of and insurance covered it!

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 I'm so glad they're able to get you in today! I hope everything checks out! <3
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @doupleup8 give that receptionist an air hug when you get there! ❤️ And no, not yet. The kid tested negative, but her fiancé is being tested and we are waiting in those results
    TTC History

• I met Melissa the receptionist and I got to thank her in person! TW: possible loss

They said everything looked good on the sonogram. The doctor said that this type of bleeding is not uncommon with a miscarraige, but without a positive pregnancy test there is no way to know. They took blood for a pregnancy test (hormones stay in the body 4-6 weeks after) and a hormone panel to check all my levels are good. I just hope this helps us find answers and my body gets back on track. 

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 Hopefully you can get the lab results back soon! *gentle hugs*
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @DoubleUp8 🤞🏼🤞🏼 for quick results. 
    TTC History

• Guys....daycare’s fiancé tested positive for COVID. 😭😭😭😭 I’m fucked for child care.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 oh no! I'm sorry. Did you daughter need to quarantine?

I got a call, negative test, so it could have been a cp, but there's no way to tell since I didn't test. Not all the hormones are back, but those that are look normal. I have a follow-up in 3 weeks for another check after my next period. I asked about intercourse and she said that was fine since the test was negative. So we're off the bench! Happy Friday to me! 😉🍷

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 pedi doesn't seem to think we need to be tested or quarantined. I'm still a bit panicky about it all. So we are staying away from everyone EXCEPT DH going to work (his work said he can keep working unless DD get symptoms). I'm so glad everything is clear and you are unbenched!
    TTC History

• @DoubleUp8 so glad you are unbenched. Such a relief to get in today, I'm sure. Perfect start to the weekend! How's YH doing?

• @kvh22 he's doing better. I think he feels relieved about the negative test, and being able to get back to normal helps too. I think we're both happy and helpful for the next few months. No spotting all weekend, so I'm hoping this is the end of the cycle weirdness. And a lot of EW CM today, so hopefully another good sign.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**