February 2021 Moms

Freebies, Deals and Steals

Everybody loves saving money, right? Let’s share any deals that we see or freebies that get from registries!

Re: Freebies, Deals and Steals

• I had to start this because I needed to share the news that Kirkland diapers are on sale! I use the Costco brand Kirkland diapers for my son and they are $7.50 off right now. I have never seen this brand on sale so I am very happy!
  • @babymamadimo 😂 of course I already just bought a bunch of diapers.
  • Loading the player...
  • @jumpy57 noooo! I have never seen them on sale before so I jumped for joy!
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited August 2020
    If you have a maternity consignment sop near you, check out their winter coats if they still have any from last year! I just picked up a Motherhood brand peacoat on final sale for $6! I’m going to be loving that between December and February!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Buybuybaby is having their "big deal sale" starting yesterday! It was our first visit & we were lucky enough to get in! I *think* it's going for about a week. They have excellent deals left and right!
  • Nordstrom is having their annual anniversary sale. They carry some of the higher end gear like Nuna and Uppababy so if you're looking for those they are currently on sale! The stroller we're looking at is $200 off! 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @WildMagelet Thank you so much! I just score some nursing bras and camis! Yay!! 
  • @WildMagelet thank you for the tip!! Just placed an order too 😁
  • rubyroux_89rubyroux_89 member
    edited October 2020
    @WildMagelet well I thought I was done maternity clothes shopping but.... nope. Just got 3 tanks, 3 long sleeves, a tee and a pair of jeans for $59! :o Thank you!!
  • I've never ordered from Motherhood before now, but I got my order yesterday along with a bonus "congratulatory" gift that had a few product samples, coupons, and a ton of gift cards for other baby product vendors. Is that normal for them? FTM, so I'm intrigued by the possibility of using them towards some baby items I still want / need, but I'm waiting for what the catch is.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• It's still a little early because I think you have to wait to register until after the baby is born, but still something good to check to see if it's available in your area. Although you STM/STM+ moms might have kids that currently qualify:

https://imaginationlibrary.com/
    Each month, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library mails a high quality, age appropriate book to all registered children, addressed to them, at no cost to the child’s family. Countless parents have shared how excited their child is when their new book arrives each month. Many groups and individuals work hard behind the scenes to make that special moment possible for each child.
    They partner with local charity organizations to provide free books to kids so it isn't available everywhere, but if it is you can get free books on a monthly basis for each of your kiddos.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @WildMagelet motherhood maternity does usually send a bunch of freebies with their orders. I have gotten bottles, pacifiers, laundry soap samples, etc. I’ve never taken advantage of any of the discount cards. They include so many that it overwhelms me and I just throw them out.

we use the imagination library for my son and it’s awesome! They send a great variety of books and diverse books, too! 
  • @WildMagelet I don’t use the discount cards either. The product usually ends up free but the shipping is way more than it should be to make up for it. 

I tried seeing if the imagination library was available by me for my DS but no luck. 
  • @moguippy - I've noticed that on the ones I've looked at. None of the items have been "Oh my gosh, I want that!" enough for me to spend the $10-20 on shipping the free item. 
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @WildMagelet I’ve done Dolly’s Imagination Library with both kids and sent it to my Mom and my MIL’s and it is the best. 100% recommend. 
  • Zutano booties are currently buy one get one 50% off
  • @jumpy57 I definitely just ordered a pair like two days ago 🤦‍♀️
  • Gap is throwing their friends and family discount out right now. I’m not sure when it ends. It started over the weekend. 
  • If anyone is interested in the baby pink version of the Fawn Design backpack, there’s one on ThredUP now for less than $40.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @WildMagelet I’ve never bought from there before... it’s used and sold directly from the seller? How does it work? 
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited November 2020
    @birdiejo People send their items to the company who sorts through and pick out what they want and then they pay or issue credit to the previous owner. Anything that isn’t deemed “worthy” for them to resell can be shipped back at the owners expense or donated. I personally haven’t sold to them but I’ve been told they’re picky. When you buy its already been inspected, photographed and stored at one of their company offices/distribution centers. Almost everything I’ve personally purchased from them is like new. Some items were clearly laundered but no damage or stains visible. Some items still had original tags attached.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @WildMagelet I snagged it! I had a Fawn with my last kiddo and was going to get Azaria this time around but man 40 dollars instead of 150 sounded too nice! 
  • @birdiejo I'm glad you were able to take advantage!
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• szwill86szwill86 member
    edited November 2020
    Old Navy is having a huuuge sale online- fleece and regular onesies and footie onesies are 40-50% off, some with an additional % off just for today! I stocked up on 0-3 month (up to 12 lbs) and 3-6 month- each one was $5.10 😲
  • My husband's cousin is obsessed with Gathre mats, has anyone used them? They are doing their early black friday sale now, 25% off with code early25! 
  • @kkfishy9 I’ve been eyeing them for awhile but haven’t purchased yet! They seem slightly overrated but also I love the look! Go for it! 
  • @birdiejo I did it! She speaks so highly of them, and apparently they only do one sale a year so figured I'd give it a whirl.
  • Macy’s online Black Friday sale is having a great sale on coats, baby toddler big kids
    got DS a winter coat in the next size 75$ originally for 16$
  • Fawn Design is having an “Unblack Friday Sale” advertising up to 50% off. Looks like several of the better bundles are sold out already, but I picked up the hooks and changing clutch to go with my bag at an extra 20% off.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Not sure if you have a Once Upon A Child store near, but today and tomorrow ours is having their 'fill a bag with as many onesies as possible for $10' sale. I have 49 onesies for $20 now. 
  • Tula baby is having 30% off for black Friday until 12/2! Also- things that are already on sale get the additional 30%
  • sarbabesarbabe member
    edited April 2021
    I found this website that lists a lot of baby freebies: https://www.freeflys.com/free-samples/free-baby-stuff/