1st Trimester
Options

8 weeks pregnant - bright red spotting, healthy baby!

I just wanted to hop on here and see if anybody else has had something like this happen. I am 8 weeks 3 days, and yesterday I had some clotting and bright red spotting. It terrified me! I thought I was beginning to miscarry. We went to get an ultrasound, and there was a perfectly healthy baby, with a strong heartbeat. 

Re: 8 weeks pregnant - bright red spotting, healthy baby!

• Options
    I just wanted to hop on here and see if anybody else has had something like this happen. I am 8 weeks 3 days, and yesterday I had some clotting and bright red spotting. It terrified me! I thought I was beginning to miscarry. We went to get an ultrasound, and there was a perfectly healthy baby, with a strong heartbeat. 
    What did the doctor say?  The tech probably did the ultrasound but normally they have a doctor talk afterward.  Do you have a sub chronic hematoma? Did you have sex recently and possibly irritate the cervix?  If you didn't get answers from your doc after the ultrasound or if they didn't say anything post ultrasound, call and ask if it makes you feel better. 
  • Options
    Yes! My doctor actually was the one who did my ultrasound. I got really lucky there. I did not have sex recently. He believes it is a sub chorionic hemorrhage! But today the bleeding has completely stopped. Crossing my fingers.