Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 7/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 7/27

• kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited July 2020
    Good morning all!  

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPK, tracking CM, sex

R/R: We just got back from a five day trip to a state park and I'm not thrilled to be back to reality.  We had a great time though.

CS/Q: (I don't totally know what CS/Q means but I think it means questions/thoughts on cycle?)  I can't figure out if I've ovulated.  I had some EWCM over the weekend, but only a little.  The lines on my OPKs were getting darker but they never got to the point of being positive, and now they are lighter again.  I am not sure if I below here or in TWW now...  Maybe I am just having an anovulatory cycle.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2020
    @kadeephd close! CS/Q means chart stalk/questions. Your trip sounds awesome! Did you go camping or glamping? I rely on BBT more than OPKs (just really getting into OPKs this cycle) b/c you can have an LH surge with no ovulation but the temp rise for BBT is pretty much confirmation. Are you temping at all? I changed the batteries in my thermometer last cycle the day before I got my temp shift so I'm a bit unclear on last cycle 🤔

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, Proov, PNV+, fell of the RRL tea wagon (kept forgetting but hopefully the first week or so did something).

R/R: we had a lovely weekend where we didn't get nearly enough done around the apartment and I'm feeling overwhelmed. Last night I cleaned the vacuum cleaner for the first time in my life (as opposed to just rinsing the filter...like took it apart and cleaned it in the sink). It's still drying and I want to use it now! This morning I cleaned the stove which was a bit overdue. We're rearranging closets to make space for stuff since we need more things at home for working from home and such during covid and are planning on this being this way for the next 6months+. So clothes are everywhere and I am behind on other cleaning and don't know when I'm going to get it done.

CS/Q: my OPKs went from .11-.19 up to .29 last night. This is my first cycle using them. Does that mean it's likely the beginning of it rising (whether that's slow or fast) or just a normal fluctuation? I usually drink tons of water and have a hard time doing a 4hr hold. ETA I've been doing 4 hours but I did more strips yesterday and it was tough. If I should be trying to do them frequently starting today, I need to stategize 😂

Chart in spoiler

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @kvh22 Ah ok thanks for the cs/q clarificaiton.  I'm not doing BBT right now, but might do it next cycle.  I tried it last time I was tracking my cycles a few years ago and I had a hard time with it.  I get up at different times every day and often forgot to take my temp.  Oh and it was most definitely glamping, if anything.  We stayed in air-conditioned cabins!  Good work on the cleaning.  I have never cleaned my vacuum or the inside of my stove lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Your glamping trip sounds fun! I also have had a hard time with temping, because I'm a terrible sleeper. I'm just doing it to confirm O and relying on OPKs to let me know when to HIO (but HIO EOD just in case)

@kvh22 Yay for being productive! I need to clean, too.

Month/Cycle: 18/1 AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPKs, temping

R/R: I've been listening to Taylor Swift's folklore album all morning and I'm obsessed. I'm finally getting some work done after 3 days of not feeling well and binge-watching Married at First Sight and I'm in such a better mood now.

CS/Q: n/a

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @kadeephd I also can't wake up at the same time. It's anywhere between 4am and 7am. I'm lucky that it still gives me a shape but I have to temp vaginally, even when I used to wake up at the same time, otherwise I couldn't get anything concrete orally. Idk why but I don't have an issue forgetting to do it when I wake up.

@mamasloth I'm so glad you're feeling better! T-swift is a great mood lifter 😂

• @kadeephd your trip sounds so nice!! My OPKs often fluctuate because my body likes to mess with me. So they’ll start to get darker, get lighter for a couple days, and then do that over and over again. I’d keep HIO just to be safe!

@kvh22 sorry you’re feeling behind and overwhelmed...one thing at a time! You’ll learn more about what your LH patterns as you get through a couple cycles using OPKs. It could be a fluctuation or it could be the start of your rise. Only way to know for sure is to keep testing! 

@mamasloth I too am obsessed with Folklore! So so good. 

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 24

WAYDTGKU: temping, tracking CM, OPKs, PNV, baby aspirin, progesterone after O

R/R: I am beyond frustrated with what is apparently my new normal of a late O. I was sure that I would get a positive OPK today, but no such luck. And on top of it since this cycle and last I’ve been doing OPKs for so long/so frequently, now I have to buy more! So annoying. I’m back to having some EWCM, but I really would love to O and move on here!

CS/Q: 

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @runningoncookies thanks! I won't get my hopes up then but will definitely test, test, test! I'm sorry for the late O! My CD19 O took me by surprise last cycle and I was expecting much later (has been CD37 in the past coming off of BCP)  and didn't have great timing so I thought I'd get O earlier this cycle as I adjust...CD15 and I don't see how I'd O earlier than last month. It sucks when the cycles are so long! Hoping your temp dip is a pre-O dip (I usually get that but idk if it's common). How long has your FP been the past few months and how long was it before?

• @kadeephd your camping trip sounds fun! I miss going camping. My family always had an RV growing up so I'm with you on AC and amenities. I can't do roughing it and tent/ground sleeping. 

@kvh22 sounds like a very productive weekend! I probably should clean my vacuum too. 

@mamasloth I had a couple friends raving about that album but I won't listen it to; possibly UO but I absolutely abhor Taylor Swift.  Glad you're finally feeling better!

@runningoncookies ugh sorry for the late O. I know that frustration oh too well. I hope your ovaries get their act together and you O ASAP.

Month/Cycle: 14/8

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: benched one more day!

R/R: Last BCP today!! Expecting AF Thursday or Friday and then I'm off the bench! I made 2 loaves of chocolate chip zucchini bread yesterday and have enough grated zucchini to make another 8. That's the plan this week and then I'll freeze most of them.

CS/Q: nope
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2020
    @gingermama29 yayyyy!!! I'm so excited for you. Also, that zucchini bread sounds great. What recipe did you use? I've been wanting to make zucchini bread (we keep impromptu buying it at our local coffee shop once a weekend and it's delicious).

The weekend was slightly productive but there is literally a *mountain* of clothes in our bedroom that we keep moving around (it's all clean but we needed to move things around before putting it away so my nice folded piles are no more). Edit: I just didn't want ppl to think I was organized or anything b/c I'm not! But I try lol. And when I feel like being productive I get distracted/side-tracked. Hence why when it's imperative that we get clothes put away I cleaned the vacuum  :D

• @kadeephd that trip sounds amazing and I would like to go on one just like that right now! Re: your OPKs and LH, you might find this an informative article

@kvh22 wow it sounds like you had a really productive weekend, but OMG I feel exhausted just reading about all the cleaning you've been doing! 🤪 OH, and I absolutely have a strategy for peeing when testing multiple times a day, since I also try and drink at least 75oz of water per day. Provided in spoiler: 
    I test first thing in the morning, then drink ~ 40-50oz of water between 6:30-11:30am; at 12 I have my last "pee", and then I hold until 4pm. Then I drink another 40-50oz between 4-6:30pm, pee at 7 and hold again until 10, just before bed. (I also can't drink after 7 otherwise I have to get up middle of the night). I actually have to set reminders for myself to "stop drinking" and put away my water bottle. Freakin' TTPG!!! 
    @mamasloth happy to hear that listening to T-Swift's album & binge watching Married at First Sight has put you in such good mood. You gotta get your endorphin kicks any way you can these days! No shame. 

@runningoncookies that sucks about O! My cycles have been stupid unpredictable too, so I can co-miserate. Hopefully you'll get your O in the next few days and can move on to TWW. In the meanwhile, enjoy the practice HIO. ;-)

@gingermama29 OMG!!!!!! << That's how I'm excited for you. Also, I bet you've never been so excited for AF. That choco-chip zucchini bread sound delish. Happy Baking & enjoy. 

AFM... 

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: HIO, bbt, OPKs, CM, PNVs, Ubiquinol, melatonin, seed cycling, myo-inositol/d-chiro-inositol. Medical testing this cycle: HSG and more blood tests. 

R/R: rave -- I had a fantastic weekend!!! Went on a 7mi, moderate difficulty hike with a friend yesterday, all the while wearing a mask and am pretty excited that I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be. Plus, it was nice to get out and do something active for a longer stretch of time. 

DH and I finally got our new BBQ/smoker (we splurged on a BGE!) and set it all up on Saturday. Thus far we've grilled on Sat, yesterday, and another grilling sesh lined up for today. 

I posted my rant in Monday B.F. and I'm so over it; not worth repeating here. 

CS/Q: too early to matter. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @kvh22 I often get an O-day dip, but usually not one right before. My cycles have been unpredictable for a little while (like...most of my adult life...). Putting the rest of my answer in the box - TW: loss mentioned...

When I first started tracking and TTGP, my O was right around CD20. After my first CP I O’d on CD16, then after the next one I O’d CD 15. Then CD24 and now this cycle. I know it is probably just my body adjusting still but it’s SO frustrating! I had gotten used to that early O!

@gingermama29 yay yay yay for no more BC!! Ive been making a ridiculous amount of zucchini bread - today I made a savory one with cheddar cheese and it’s SO GOOD!

@acleverusername sounds like a fabulous weekend! Enjoy that new smoker...yum!

• @runningoncookies I am SUPER intrigued by that savory cheddar one. Do you have a recipe you could share??
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @acleverusername all the grilling sounds amazing! Do you have a good outdoor space? I know it's so limited depending on where you are in SF. Also, not to be a creeper (I probably am), but where did you hike? That sounds awesome! Thanks for that schedule. That's super helpful. I did NOT use a strip this morning and probably should have. It was at .77 when I just went before 1pm (longer than normal hold as I was stuck in impromptu meetings). 

@runningoncookies sorry about the unpredictable cycles. FX for O soon!

• @gingermama29 sure do!! It’s amazing...I was saying to DH that it could 100% take the place of cheddar biscuits and it’s so much easier to make!

https://laughingspatula.com/savory-zucchini-cheddar-quick-bread/
  • sorry cant get throughallll the tags 

but @gingermama29 SO happy you are unbenched! you are strong to have made it through!

@runningoncookies that recipe looks amazing

@mamasloth i am also very obsessed with the new T Swift.  "Exile" -  its on repeat over here

Month/Cycle: 7/7 AL

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, OPKS, conceive+

R/R: this week is off to a rip-roaring start.  drove into my office today which was unnecessary, nerve racking and annoying but i did it.  only have to do it twice a week now so tomorrow i will be home to get things done and relax maybe.  separately, still waiting on my CD3 labs.  hopefully tomorrow so i can process.

CS/Q: low temps, nothing exciting

• @kvh22 Haha. You're not a creeper; it's actually kinda nice that we're in the same area. We hiked the Pilot Knob Trail in North Bay. A nice loop, that's not too hard with a decent lookout at the top. I'm glad my "pee schedule" is helpful. 

@asf0613 why was driving to work unnecessary? At least you won't have to go in every day. I hope your Day 3 results come quickly; waiting for labs is the worst. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @acleverusername there is really nothing to do in the office that i cannot do from home so its frustrating to make the commute into NYC when i could be just as productive at home (actually more time since im not sitting in traffic!)
  • @asf0613 argh, that sucks. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @gingermama29 yay for no more BCPs! So happy you're about to be off the bench!

@runningoncookies both the bread and the biscuits sound awesome! Ugh for unpredictable cycles; I hope you O soon!

@acleverusername that sounds like a great weekend! MH and I have been doing a lot of walking and grilling too.

@kvh22 it sounds like you had a really productive weekend!  I use OPKs and mine do that to me too a lot, get darker without being positive and then lighten. I suppose it is just a natural fluctuation. One consistent thing I've noticed is that my strip is usually the lightest the day before it is positive. Bodies are weird. 

@kadeephd a trip to a state park sounds nice! I hate coming back to reality...currently dreaming of a COVID free time when MH and I can go to a tropical locale. I tried temping too, and I couldn't remember to do it when I woke up. It made me crazy, so I gave it up. 

Month/Cycle: 13/10

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, tracking CM, OPKs, timing, day 5 of first Clomid trial

R/R: My rave for today is finishing this round of Clomid! 

CS/Q:  Nope
  • @acleverusername thanks for the article on opks.  I didn't realize there were multiple possible patterns.  I used them for several months a couple of years ago and always got a clear positive at some point, so I'm guessing I just haven't O'ed yet. 

@bbrahmbhatt I can't wait to travel again too.  I've missed several trips due to Covid, one a bachelorette party for a friend in Puerto Rico.  I might be pregnant when it's rescheduled and won't be able to go due to Zika :-(  I know that's a good problem to have though.  Where are you looking to go?  

@gingermama29 My aunt had an RV growing up so I did a fair amount of that style of camping too.  I feel like this would be the perfect summer to have an RV!   We are going for real tent camping this weekend and I am not particularly looking forward to sleeping on the ground without AC.

Still no positive OPK over here but a bit more EWCM.  Hoping I can move over to TWW soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd FX for an O soon!  We were supposed to go to Ireland in September, but it got cancelled. I'd love to go back to Mexico or to Hawaii, but just can't justify it with a pandemic.