March 2021 Moms
Options

All Due Date Check-in week of 7/19

I think we can still do a large group one for now and maybe start dividing next week...

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: All Due Date Check-in week of 7/19

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4wk 5 days 

FTM/STM/STM+: Stm 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  finding out for sure! Ordered the  sneak oeek test but wont know for sure until anatomy scan 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: poppyseed 

Upcoming appointments: havent even called my doctor yet 😬

How are you feeling?: tired mostly  have some cramping and some irritability

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list?
    I would love to make my way to Croatia some day, i would really like to start visiting the places in Europe i havent been to. France amd Germany are  big ones id love to visit
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: definitely finding out 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a rainbow sprinkle

Upcoming appointments: next US with RE on 7/27

How are you feeling?: miserable 😩 the nausea and heartburn are killing me! I ate cantaloupe for lunch today because I couldn’t stomach the smell of anything else 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? Italy!! I studied so much Italian in high school and a little in college and I have yet to use it (and am definitely losing it lol)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5w+4

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Haven't decided yet. I kinda want to want. He kinda wants to know.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: #2 pencil eraser

Upcoming appointments: 7/27 first appointment with midwife

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. I have had some dizzy spells this weekend.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? We were supposed to go to Paris and London and a few other places at the end of August, but that is obviously not going to happen. My SIL had her first child in February and none of our family has been able to meet her because they live in Vienna. My ILs were supposed to leave the week everything shut down. So, I'm hoping someday we'll get to go see them.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 weeks today!

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We still haven't talked about it.( This week was beyond busy and crazy)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: I have one on August 5th

How are you feeling?: Not great, I have pretty bad nausea right now. The only thing that has been working is gatorade and saltines. 

Rants/Raves: I am exhausted and I am supposed to hear back from my school district this week about a plan for school!

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? DH and I have always wanted to go on a European vacation. We went to South America for our Honeymoon which was beautiful! 

Becca and DH-David-Parents to: Caleb-5/19/15, Elijah-4/3/2017, and Ilana-2/22/2019

Twins! #4 and #5 Due: 03/14/2021

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3-14 / 6+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: I had our second ultrasound today at my fertility clinic! I heard the heartbeat! 110bpm!

How are you feeling?: I'm starting to have waves of nausea and I'm way more tired. It's still not too bad so I'll take feeling pretty ok while I can!

Rants/Raves: Yay! Heartbeat!! No rants!

Questions:  

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list?  Whooo knows??? This year is pretty much a wash, then we'll have this little bean next year, so who knows when and where we'll travel again.  Last year, we got into RVing, so our next trip will likely still be drive-able from NJ and in the RV. 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 10 || 6w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out, for sure!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A sweet pea (and also the post of an earring!)

Upcoming appointments: Literally on the phone as I type this trying to make my first appointment.

How are you feeling?: Ehhh. I told my husband just yesterday that while I don't have any major, specific symptoms, I just feel overall blah. Not necessarily any food aversions, but most food just doesn't sound good. Last night I had my first major wave of nausea. Also been waking up nightly to pee since right before I found out I was pregnant.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? We went to Kauai in January for our honeymoon, and ever since then we've been wanting to take a trip to Maui.
  • Options
    land4land4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/13, 6w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green! I thought my husband would put up a fuss, but he's totally onboard too, yay :)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: First appointment was on Friday, just got my lab results back today. Next Monday is the first ultrasound!

How are you feeling?: Not great, but not too bad either. Pretty blah most of the time. I haven't had very strong symptoms with this pregnancy, so it's taking longer to really sink in.

Rants/Raves: I'm 37 years old but look significantly younger, so it really irks me when professionals treat me with kid gloves. Just look at my chart, people!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? Alaska!
    #1 - 12/2013, HIE
    #2 - EDD 3/2020
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 2nd, 7w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We have been team green once before...but, I think my kids want to know.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A blueberry or keyboard key.

Upcoming appointments: I had my first appointment on the 14th for labs, my next appointment in on the 28th with confirmation ultrasound. Then first Maternal Fetal Medicine appointment on Aug. 13th.

How are you feeling?: Tired, really nauseous and overall blah.

Rants/Raves: @land4 Don't feel bad.  I'm going to be 35 and still look like i'm in my 20's.  I always get carded and most of my doctors talk down to me.  My first appointment on the 14th with the nurse prac. was amusing...She did not believe I was going to be 35...she actually looked at the computer to double check!  She's like, "Well, that just bought you a ticket to Maternal Fetal Medicine Dr"!  *Insert eye roll*  I guess it will work to my advantage when i'm in my 60's. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? My husband and I have always wanted to travel to Alaska!

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    7+5 March 4th
    FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: thinking blue but we will see

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    Ear bud of ear phones
    Upcoming appointments: I called desperate for some nausea help so I have an appointment monday I'll be 8+4 then

How are you feeling?: terrible either I have all day nausea or intense nausea that starts around 5 pm and I cannot drink eat move or I'll throw up then the next morning I'm weak dehydrated 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/17 5w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green for now

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: No clue (lol... third kid)

Upcoming appointments: Next week (annoying first visit where they ask 100 questions and that's it)

How are you feeling?: I'm obviously in a great mood (sarcasm). Soo tired, started feeling nausea this AM

Rants/Raves: Starting to have anxiety about the car / carseat situation with 3 kids. All 3 will be in carseats at the same time. One forward, 2 rear facing. I have a ford explorer and my second row is NOT bucket seats, plus i doubt there's room for 3 carseats across. help :( I'm totally not down for a mini van although it sounds more and more attractive

Questions: see the above carseat fiasco

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? Would love to go to Europe, but I'm not into that long flight and travel time. I think Colorado would be amazing or even Northern California (been to SOCAL). 
  • Options
    annanbby said:
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 10 || 6w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out, for sure!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A sweet pea (and also the post of an earring!)

Upcoming appointments: Literally on the phone as I type this trying to make my first appointment.

How are you feeling?: Ehhh. I told my husband just yesterday that while I don't have any major, specific symptoms, I just feel overall blah. Not necessarily any food aversions, but most food just doesn't sound good. Last night I had my first major wave of nausea. Also been waking up nightly to pee since right before I found out I was pregnant.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? We went to Kauai in January for our honeymoon, and ever since then we've been wanting to take a trip to Maui.
    Ohhhhh girl, you explained it so well. Just blah. Don't bring me any food unless it's what I specifically want, which is pretty slim chances. I'm so excited for you. There is nothing like the experience of being a first time momma. It's a beautiful disaster.
  • Options

Upcoming appointments: Next week (annoying first visit where they ask 100 questions and that's it)

How are you feeling?: I'm obviously in a great mood (sarcasm). Soo tired, started feeling nausea this AM

Rants/Raves: Starting to have anxiety about the car / carseat situation with 3 kids. All 3 will be in carseats at the same time. One forward, 2 rear facing. I have a ford explorer and my second row is NOT bucket seats, plus i doubt there's room for 3 carseats across. help :( I'm totally not down for a mini van although it sounds more and more attractive

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? Would love to go to Europe, but I'm not into that long flight and travel time. I think Colorado would be amazing or even Northern California (been to SOCAL). 
     I know this isnt what you want to hear, but i have a honda odyssey and i love it so so much. Its ho estly the best drive 
  • Options

I hated the thought of being a mini van Mom but it is so roomy and easy to get kids in and out.  I have a Toyota Sienna and it's great!
  • Options
    @nagrom9319 I know getting new car seats is also not a very attractive option, but I found this site that lists all the car seats that can fit 3 across in an Explorer (I have an explorer too).
    https://www.thecarcrashdetective.com/3-across-installations-explorer/
  • Options

Oops, accidently posted this is last weekend's!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6+6

FTM/STM/STM+: STM (currently have a 15 month old wild boy!)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Girl (we already know!) We were team green for last little boy.

Upcoming appointments: 3rd US next Monday at 7+5. We had one at 6+1 and 6+5. Hoping if everything looks good I will get taking off bed rest!

How are you feeling?: still worried and nervous. Starting to feel a tiny bit if nausea, but nothing bad yet.  It didnt really kick in until 8 weeks last time and lasted until week 20, so I am just trying to enjoy this time before constantly feeling like I have been hit by a bus.

GTKY: What is your ideal number of children (to have)? Probably 2 or 3. My husband is an only child and is a little nervous about the thought of being outnumbered with 3, but right now I cant imagine being done at 2, so we will see. I wanted to have #2 close to when #1 was turning 2. Maybe we would put another year or so between 2 and 3 if we go that route. I'm only 30, but my husband is 38 and don't want to be "too old" and still be having kids! Lol

• Options
    @becca07024411 did same thing lol
  • Options
    land4land4 member
    @travandas Glad to know I'm not the only one who has to deal with annoying age-related comments...I guess misery really does loves company, lol :D Definitely looking forward to hitting senior citizenship at this point!
    #1 - 12/2013, HIE
    #2 - EDD 3/2020
  • Options
    land4land4 member
    @nagrom9319  I second the Honda Odyssey recommendation...my sister has one for her 3 kids, and it's so roomy and such a comfortable ride.
    #1 - 12/2013, HIE
    #2 - EDD 3/2020
  • Options
    I'm in my mid-30s and this is my first viable pregnancy after two losses in my early 30s. No one has mistaken me for being younger than I am 😜 but thankfully no age-shaming comments so far!
  • Options
    @nagrom9319 we’re debating the car situation, too... thinking minivan vs suv with a third row like a Honda Pilot... would that be an option for you if you want to avoid a minivan?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/25 4W 6D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Poppy seed

Upcoming appointments:August 13th will be my first appointment

How are you feeling?: Good! I was having some symptoms last week but not much going on now. 

Rants/Raves: I'm glad this group seems to be picking up a bit more! I had a rough morning with my 2yo daughter. She was throwing a fit trying to get her ready this morning. I swear ever since I found out I was pregnant her behavior has gotten so bad!  :s

Questions: Is anyone under 35 planning to get the NIPT? I got it with my daughter but I'm trying to decide if I should with this baby. 

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? My husband and I initially had a trip to Europe planned for this August. We were going to go to England and Ireland but we cancelled due to COVID. Once we pulled the plug on the trip I decided we might as well start TTC because that was supposed to be our last big travel before trying for #2. We will reschedule eventually and just have two in tow instead of 1  :D  

@nagrom9319  I'm planning to get a 3 row SUV when my current lease is up. I am leaning towards the Toyota Highlander with captains chairs. I don't plan to have 3 kids though so the third row would just be more of a bonus for when we have guests. I know a lot of moms rave about the dino car seats as well. They are really narrow and allow you to put 3 in a row. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/5, 7+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Undecided- we were team green last time

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a blueberry

Upcoming appointments: phone visit on Friday

How are you feeling?: Not terrible, not great. I've felt nauseous for about a week and a half. Not to the point of throwing up but just general blah feeling. But I'm getting better at managing it.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? Italy or Ireland

@swbecca528 I hope your district's plan is better than the one my district sent out because I was not impressed...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/18, 5+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: black peppercorn

Upcoming appointments: First visit is 8/5

How are you feeling?: Eh, the side effects from the prometrium are definitely present...nausea (but no vomitting) and so tired! 

Rants/Raves: Just wanting to badly for it to be 8/5, this uncertainty of waiting for an US until 8 weeks is so hard since I had one weekly beginning at 4 weeks with my other pregnancy.

Questions:

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? Australia! 
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    @jenotontx I got the NIPT with my first because insurance covered it...at the time I was 28. Now at 32, with a different insurance, I am still going to check to see if it's covered and if so, I plan to do it.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5W2D

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out for sure!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An appleseed

Upcoming appointments: First appointment (8 weeks) is scheduled for 8/12. No sono until 12 weeks this time 😢

How are you feeling?: SO TIRED. Maybe it's having two littles to chase around this time but I do not recall being so exhausted and unmotivated during my previous pregnancies. 

Rants/Raves: COVID sucks.

Questions: Where can I find maternity pants in a 35+ inch inseam? It wasn't a problem before because I was biggest during summer and early fall with each of my boys so I just wore shorts, capris, or maxi skirts!

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? We plan to head to Hawaii next year since that is where my SIL is currently stationed as an Army NP.
  • Options
    @clevans1 I am also chasing two littles around and for sure feel like the exhaustion is way more this time around. 

• Options
    @clevans1 @Dmurphy10 I think also going through the worst of the first tri during a heat wave is putting me on my ass.  I just woke up from an hour nap.
  • Options
    @erica0901I don’t think my insurance covered it the first time but I was never billed for it either 🤷🏼‍♀️  They said if my insurance didn’t cover it I would have to pay like $100 oop but I never got anything. I’m leaning towards doing it again even if I have to pay. As long as the cost is reasonable. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 3/30 Currently 4+2 so like literally 5 minutes pregnant :D 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: 2nd beta tomorrow, 1st ultrasound has been booked for 8/7 - the original date the clinic offered was actually my 8th wedding anniversary, but that day ended up filled up. 

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling ok, a little bit of nausea every so often, still getting some cramping but no more spotting thankfully. Water tastes metallic, which is ironic since I drink so much of it. I'm overall a little anxious about the pregnancy and so is MH. He asked me to take another pregnancy test this morning, which I predicted and I took it. I'll take another FRER tomorrow and will take a digital soon so I can get the "pregnant" word one and then I'm going to stop :D 

Rants/Raves: It still feels very bizarre for me to be on a BMB, I've been here on TB for so long! Today's rant is probably that my ILs came by this morning during my morning work calls to cut up some more pieces of our shed (long story, but we had a huge tree come down in our yard, shed is destroyed and we're still working on fixing all of the damage). I'm grateful for the help, but it's so hard to have the dog freaking out and barking while I'm on work calls. Rave is that the siding company came out this morning too, and they told us we need to re-side the whole house at the same time, and since we hate our house color it's a win-win for us. 

Questions: I'm sure I'll think of something, but I'm trying to take things one day at a time right now. 

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? We had been talking about wanting to travel more right as Covid hit, so that put all plans on hold for the time being. I know MH really wants to go to Ireland, and so do I. I also want to travel inside the US more! One of my good friends has recommended Charleston as a weekend destination, we'll probably go there next once travel is less hairy. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @mvt2003 I've been lurking the IF group and had all my fingers and toes crossed for you!! I'm so excited to see you here!!! Congratulations!!! FX for a great second beta tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8w

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 100% finding out. I'm wayyyyy to type A. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: general exam monday - we had our u/s Monday but they didn't have time to do both appointments so I have to come back which is fine...my OB said she'll order all the bloodwork then

How are you feeling?: Pretty disgusting. I was really sick with my first weeks 6-11.This time I'm thankfully not vomiting everyday but I feel constantly hungover. I wear a mask at work all day and the smell of my own hot breath in the mask as been a challenge lol My OB put me on Bonjesta which has helped but it amplified my exhaustion and I can't just lounge on the couch like last time! My 13 month old is running and climbing.

Rants/Raves: My due date change from 2/26 to 3/4 after my u/s and I'm mourning the loss of days I'm closer to the end of the first trimester and this yucky feeling. 

Questions: I'm really curious about essential second baby gear! I've been told a good carrier is #1. I have a wildbird sling and a happy baby carrier from my first so I'm excited to get more use out of them because he refuses to be worn now that he can walk.

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? At this point...I just want to get out of the house...hah! My sister and her husband just went hiking at Bold Coast, ME and it was gorgeous. 
  • Options
    mvt2003 said:
    How are you feeling?: I'm feeling ok, a little bit of nausea every so often, still getting some cramping but no more spotting thankfully. Water tastes metallic, which is ironic since I drink so much of it. I'm overall a little anxious about the pregnancy and so is MH. He asked me to take another pregnancy test this morning, which I predicted and I took it. I'll take another FRER tomorrow and will take a digital soon so I can get the "pregnant" word one and then I'm going to stop :D 

This made me chuckle because hubs insisted I take the digital test after we got a VERY positive test with the lines. Like the thing lit up in 3 seconds hahah but he was like "I need to see the one that says "yes +"  :D
  • Options
    @juliebeannn That's so sweet! I was honestly expecting to get a "try again next month" because that's just how TTC has gone for me :D so this was a pleasant surprise! Out of curiosity, how long does your clinic keep you until you "graduate"? I have no idea about mine and am semi-afraid to ask haha. Also, am I supposed to call my OB once I get my 6 week ultrasound or should I do it if beta #2 comes back ok? 

@ohheyitsb Haha MH was that way with my first pregnancy, he needed to see the digital, this time he's gotten way more sophisticated about reading FRER lines. It's been pretty hilarious. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @mvt2003 My clinic graduates you after the 7w ultrasound -- they normally do 2 betas during week 4, then 3 ultrasounds (5, 6 & 7 weeks). My last ultrasound is next week!
  • Options
    @juliebeannn ahhh this link is so helpful! thank you!
  • Options
    I'm a bit late this week, but here goes.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/11 - 7 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a blueberry

Upcoming appointments: 8/3 I have an appointment to check my weird symptom mentioned below, and see if I need to see a specialist of some sort. 8/17 I have a 2nd ultrasound.

How are you feeling?: Nauseous non stop (just like 1st pregnancy) Food aversions to sweets, which is awesome, really. Sore nips. Not the whole boob, just the nips, which is strange, but I'm going with it. I'm also having a scary, non normal symptom, which is super weakness in certain muscles. My neck, shoulders, arms, legs, jaw. The doctor isn't sure if it's pregnancy related, or something serious. We're playing the wait and see game. Right now, I can eat about 3 bites of food before my jaw is so weak it's hard to keep going. No fatigue though. I'm getting plenty of sleep, aside from the sweets, I'm eating fine. It's strange.

Rants/Raves: My big rant is that I don't like knowing how this is going to go. When I was pregnant with my first, I had the worst 'morning sickness' from the time I woke up, until I went to bed at night. I only threw up twice, but I really wished I could have about 7 times a day, because maybe then I'd be able to get a couple minutes of rest from it. All the while, I kept thinking "it's only a first trimester thing. It'll be gone soon." "Some people have morning sickness in 2nd trimester too. It won't last much longer." I finally did throw up, after I gave birth to my son, then the 'morning sickness' was gone. Now I have had terrible nausea non stop, once again. And all I can think is "I still have 34 weeks of this left!!!!" There's no hopeful optimism to carry me through, aside from the knowledge that as long as I feel terrible, the baby is doing good. Bring on the nausea!

My big rave is that I know how this is going to go!!! I know that if I carry a small bag of pretzel sticks with me everywhere I go, it can buy me a few minutes if I start to feel really bad. I know what I'll need to get, and when. (Wait a little while for that huge crib we have no space for yet! We don't need 17,000 pairs of baby socks! Yes, we absolutely need more than 1 mattress protector for all the beds in the house!) So that's really nice, knowing what to expect. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? Kind of boring, since it's in the same state I live in, but I really want to go to the Olympic National Forest. Maybe we'll make it up this summer. Probably not. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/21, 5w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Upcoming appointments: second US on 8/7 

How are you feeling?: Ehhh ok. Some nausea in the morning, some fatigue. But my 15mo is having none of it so I’m just trying to ignore it for now lol

Rants/Raves: I’m pretty short, and I’m pretty sure once I have a belly I’ll be physically unable to place my daughter in her crib without straining my back. Hm. Greaaat. 

GTKY: What is the next place on your travel bucket list? I would like to visit Norway and do some hikes and stay at a place with a gorgeous fjord view. Or I’d always be down for visiting Japan again- we went a few years back and it was *such* a great trip, it would be cool to check out some more places in the country.