January 2021 Moms

Re: ***July Randoms***

• Loading the player...
  • briemobriemo member
    I don’t know if anyone had tried the “shell” app by Bellabeat I believe..it’s a heartbeat Doppler app for free!
    It’s worked for me since about week 9! Showed it to my doc and he was wowed! 
    I know it doesn’t work for everyone, but for free & if you’re curious may be worth a shot!
  • aels12aels12 member
    We also got our NIPT results today and everything looks great. I’m so relieved. We will find out later tonight with the boys if it’s a girl or a boy!
  • hp242hp242 member
    I think the 2 o'clock hour should be renamed to nap time and people be banned from scheduling meetings during it. 
  • briemobriemo member
    Is anyone else having round ligament pain?
     I think I have some in my left lower groin/pelvis region..should I call OB?
    Or it’s normal?
    almost 12 weeks, no bleeding 
  • @hp242 I took full advantage of your 2:00 nap idea today 😂
  • @briemo I’m having horrible RLP with this one. No need to worry about it unless you’re bleeding :) 
  • @briemo I’m having a lot of RLP this time around, more than with my first one.
  • briemobriemo member
    Thanks girls! Feeling better! These FTM nerves are getting the best of me at times 😅
  • aels12aels12 member
    Well we found out today that one of ds1’s daycare teachers tested positive for Covid. I feel like we should all get tested now :/
  • @aels12 Oh no! Has the teacher been working until they got the result? What's the daycare doing about it?
  • aels12aels12 member
    @supersara2 she worked up to last Friday, started having symptoms Saturday and then didn’t go back to work, got the test results on Wednesday that she was positive. It’s his head teacher, I know he spends a lot of time with her. They closed his room for two weeks and will deep clean. They aren’t mixing rooms or teachers so they have the other rooms open still. None of us have symptoms but my husband and I got tested today, my son’s pediatrician wouldn’t test him with no symptoms so we took him to the drive through testing with us and they didn’t want to test him either. They said since he’s only 3 and there’s a 98% chance his result is the same as ours it wouldn’t be worth putting him through it. So we will see, should have results in 1-3 days. 
  • @aels12 Good luck! I hope it comes back negative. My kid's back in daycare too, and this is always in the back of my mind.
  • @aels12 🤞 fingers crossed you are both negative
  • hp242hp242 member
    My due date was officially pushed back 3 days to 1/27.  I'm bummed because I was supposed to be closing in on 2nd Tri next Sunday and now I'm waiting until Wednesday.  I know, its only 3 days but it feels like forever.  1st tri is SO SLOW.
  • @aels12 Yayyy! What a relief.
  • Does anyone else have an Apple Watch and have noticed a decent change in their data/goals since becoming pregnant? 

I’m slightly less active now (mostly from exhaustion) but am still working out consistently 6 days a week. I have had to reduce my move goal by 200 because even with working out I just wasn’t hitting it. I feel like I’m doing a lot of the same activities, I do find myself getting out of breath much easier, but it bugs me. I feel like our body changes in a way the watch can’t figure out. 

• @aels12 great news 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• aels12aels12 member
    @krisspy22 have you changed your workouts much? I have an Apple Watch and the most noticeable thing I’ve seen is my heart rate increase, I think it’s actually recording more active calories burned from that. I’m still doing the same workouts I was prepregnancy though. Once I start modifying them I would guess they’ll be less intense and I’ll burn less. 
  • We are dropping the girls at my moms today for the weekend to go to my brother in law’s wedding. I’m nervous and anxious since it is our first time with them being away from both of us. However after they getting up at 5:30am the past two days I am freaking pumped about getting some uninterrupted sleep! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @aels12 I haven’t changed my workouts drastically enough to account for the sharp decline. And I feel my heart rate more elevated now than ever before so it’s just odd. 

I still have the series 3 so I’m thinking it’s just not as in tune/accurate as the newer models. (Hoping the series 6 comes out this fall which I’ll be upgrading to!) 
  • @stillcozy the kids will do great and you will have such a relaxing and fun time! It's so easy when you only have to take care of yourself 😂
  • aels12aels12 member
    @krisspy22 that is super weird, I would guess it’s a watch malfunction too :/ I have the 3 also but I’ve only had it like a year and a half so it’s not very old. 
  • mdfarmchickmdfarmchick member
    edited July 2020
    **lurker**
    @krisspy22 I’m not having that problem either. I’ve had this series 3 for 2.5 years and I’m still hitting my calorie goal with yoga and evening walks instead of doing the bike. Do you have an update that needs to be done? That’s the only problem I’ve ever noticed with mine—it gets glitchy when it needs an update. 
  • I joined the Belly Oil/Zoe Organics club! I love it, it just came yesterday. I'm curious about their belly butter too. I actually see what someone meant re: the celery smell, I think it was @savykay? But it's like celery plus lavender and a bunch of other florals/herbs.
  • @whitealbum29 haha, yes, it was me! Thank you for validating my crazy pregnancy nose. I do loooove the feel of it though, and I think it will only get better as my belly gets bigger and feels more stretched. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• @AshleyGemini24 Yay!!! Congratulations!!  <3<3 
  • @AshleyGemini24 great!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • @AshleyGemini24 so happy for you!! Congrats and thanks for sharing! 

@whitealbum29 so amused by the celery smell. I still don't get it. But I admit I had to buy a refill bottle, cuz I've already ran out of the smaller size! 
  • Congratulations, @AshleyGemini24!

i feel that Zoe Belly Oil should be sending us all free samples at this point. Or at least to @lavenderclouds since she got us hooked on it!