December 2020 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In 7/17/2020

Posting a day late sorry!

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board.

How far along are you?

Upcoming Appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 7/17/2020

• Options
    How far along are you? 19 weeks today!

Upcoming Appointments? Had my anatomy scan, fetal echo and my echo yesterday! I was at the hospital for 7 hours, hence why this is getting posted a day late!

Cravings/Symptoms? Finally has a craving - Raspberry sorbet with chocolate jimmies 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Great! My anatomy scan and fetal echo went great yesterday!! I am so relieved that baby girl has a healthy heart! <3 She will need to have an echo when she is born, because one of my structural issues cannot be seen on a fetal echo, so they'll have to check for that once she is here. But overall so relieved that everything is normal!

Questions? @tryingktogku  - Hope your anatomy scan went well yesterday! Excited for you to find out baby's sex with your DH today!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 19+4

Upcoming Appointments? Midwife appt on Tuesday!

Cravings/Symptoms? Nothing really new, I broke down and got a topical prescription for the pregnancy acne but I haven’t used it yet because it is a category C drug meaning there isn’t a whole lot of studies with its use on fetal development but my face looking like I’m a 14 year old is killing me 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? I had the best anatomy scan! Baby really wanted us to know he is a boy lol and they didn’t get to measure his legs because he was licking so much so I get to go back in a week to see my little guy again! 

Questions? Nope

@feather_heather you’re so sweet I was thinking of you too! I’m so glad everything was okay! Why the heck did it take so long tho!? And DH was so so so happy to be having a boy haha even though I think he would be the worlds best dad to a daughter! I’m just thankful baby is healthy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tryingktogku were they trying to give you a retinol? I've been retinol free since pregnancy (skin care is a hobby for me) and I've got a great non-retinol regimen that just involves steaming, chemical exfoliant, and a good dose of niacinimide. If you want specifics LMK!
  • Options
    @willashbaby no it’s called clindoxyl gel, it’s Clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide! It’s pure hormonal and all the “more natural” stuff is not helping I’ll personal message you tho I’m deff interested in what is working for you!
  • Options
    @tryingktogku - Oh yay a little boy! So exciting!! Glad it all went well! I swear by Blume Meltdown (holy grail) and Blume's face mist for my acne!! My OB said it was safe to use throughout pregnancy! 
  • Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited July 2020
    How far along are you? 16 /4

Upcoming Appointments? Probably headed in for fluids again tomorrow afternoon 

Cravings/Symptoms? Still vomiting. 😭🙄 today has been a “good” day- only five times so far

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? 
    I’m really struggling with my body image right now. I’ve lost 20 pounds and I just look ... ill. 
    Also frustrating because my parents (our only local support) thinks I am being “dramatic” about it. Like- this illness can be fatal. It was the leading cause of maternal death before 1950. I’m just trying to keep us both alive at this point. And that involves a lot of medical interventions, and it sucks, but I’m trying. 
    And completely petty but I’m super sad because all my maternity clothes are falling off me. Just bumming.
    Questions?

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz what are they treating you with for the HG? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @the_road_to_oz - OMG I can't believe your parents think you're being dramatic! I'm sorry! Does HG last the entire pregnancy?
  • Options
    @tryingktogku Zofran (liquid and disolvables), Phenergan (suppositories), unisom and b6 - they said reglan would be in the mix, but I'm allergic to it, so that's everything they CAN give me. That makes it so I only throw up 3-10 times a day instead of 20 or 30 - so MOST days I can keep down one or two meals and usually about 40 oz of liquid. I just get behind on fluids on the bad days and can;t get caught back up on my own - if I try to drink more, I lose it.
    @feather_heather It can. My son it did. sometimes the severity of it will decrease, so I am hoping.... 

I ended up going for fluids yesterday and when I got there everyone went in a tizz because my heart was acting up and I was having contractions. Luckily everything straightened out once they got me hydrated, but now the doctor wants me to go in twice a week for fluids as a prophylactic. 

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz. Oh my goodness!  That was probably scary, but I am glad everything settled down.  Sending love and support to you.  You totally are kicking butt at this!  
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz - Oh gosh how scary! I'm glad you went in and that was caught, so the doctors can be proactive now!