Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 7/6

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What celebrity chef would you choose to make a dinner for you? 
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 7/6

• Loading the player...
  • @mvt2003 WHOA! That's scary! I am so glad you, your DH and dog are ok! I agree, 2020 has been an absolute dumpster fire so far. Hugs to you.  <3

@misshelen86 I am so sorry about the BFN but YAY for IUI! It's a great feeling when you drop off those consent forms. And I get what you mean. When you have a definite treatment plan, it takes some of the sting out of those BFNs. 
  • @misshelen86 I'm so sorry about the BFN, but I'm so hopeful that IUI will just get the job done for you!!! <3<3<3 

@emeraldduchess Friend, I feel that so very much. Sending you so many hugs. I completely understand the feelings and the frustration. I vented to my SiL this weekend that all I feel is dread about our upcoming transfer (which may have been a mistake but oh well). TTC is not a happy fun process for us, it's just tears and pain and sadness. I'm glad your RE is going with an aggressive protocol, and I'm hoping so hard that this brings you your rainbow. <3<3 

• @emeraldduchess So sorry you are having a rough time right now, friend. Sending you so many hugs! It’s such a difficult place to be, but especially when your loved ones just don’t get it. I’m hoping so hard that your IVF is a success and you can get off this roller coaster!  <3

@mvt2003 Glad you are okay and there’s no major damage. I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling dread this time around. I totally get the feelings of hopelessness and sadness.. those feelings are completely valid! Sending hugs your way and rooting so hard for you for this FET!  <3
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @inthewoods23 Getting away with your H for a few days sounds like a great idea! I wish there was a switch you could just flick to turn off all the thoughts. Sending hugs! 

@kpearse99 So happy to hear that you’re in a good place now that some of the pressure is off. That sounds so refreshing to be able to live your lives without all those expectations and the stress of TTC. I’m looking forward to seeing what lies ahead for you and keeping everything crossed there is a surprise just around the corner. Thanks for reminding me, I need to check out Hamilton!

@emeraldduchess Those socks are so pretty! I think you should go for it! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @kpearse99 thank you so much, friend.  <3 I legit teared up reading your kind words. 
    I love that you and your DH are just enjoying life right now! I miss the days of HIO just for the hell of it. LOL! :D 
  • @emeraldduchess I hate that we've both been through the wringer on this! I also hate that I'm now going to be nervous going to Disney again, because FL is literally on fire at the moment!!! 

@inthewoods23 I've already done the completely-normal-and-in-no-way-obsessive thing of checking the EDD for this transfer, and it puts me in March again!!!!! I completely understand all the overly emotional ways our brains mess with us, and approaching any sort of self-imposed deadline is a huge trigger. FWIW, I've been very much in my own head about this FET not working AGAIN, and I keep reminding myself that even with genetically normal embryos sometimes they just don't implant. I had a very difficult time on Sunday, and contemplated taking a cycle off just because seeing another negative feels inevitable and so scary, but I circled myself back around to the mantra of "the time will pass anyway" and it's better to be trying something/anything than nothing. <3 

@kpearse99 Sweet friend, I am so happy that you and YH are feeling more connected and less controlled by TTC. I hope so hard that just living your life brings you your rainbow, but I know that you're going to have so much happiness either way. Your words to @emeraldduchess are so spot on, and I appreciated reading them as well. 

@legallykate I completely empathize with the overwhelmed feeling - I had three months to wrap my head around it, and I still felt overwhelmed, it's completely normal. I'm so thrilled that you get to get this ball rolling though! So much of IVF/IF is "hurry up and wait" that it's nice to see something coming quickly! You'll do amazing with your first round of shots tonight, just breathe deeply, remember to sterilize, and it will be over quickly. If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to reach out! 

• @mvt2003 Thanks so much, I will for sure reach out with questions!

@shoogapoff Oh yay so exciting! Let me know if you want to compare notes on protocols/injections/etc. My very short summary of my first day is that the Menopur injection is a little sting-y but the Gonal-F isn't bad at all, and watching a billion online videos until you are comfortable in advance with how to administer them is the way to go. MH hates needles even more than I do so he helped me prepare them but I injected myself, but I think if I have to use the backs of my arms (if my abdomen and thighs get sore) I will need him to do them so he will have to suck it up lol.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• I'll come back for tags and finish reading after my next meeting. Or perhaps during if it's that terrible.

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained, RE suspects endometriosis

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO, AF started yesterday and I had 2 BFN over the weekend.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Nothing I guess. My RE won't let us do another IUI she wants us to have another consult with her about IVF, but I'm just not sure I'm ready to take that step.

How are things going?: Not good. I'm upset about AF and feeling like I'm at a dead end. It's been 9 months trying this time around and I'm frustrated. I'm unsure about IVF because of the large upfront costs, I'm concerned about the hormones as I had horrible headaches with 150mg of Clomid, and honestly I'm worried about putting so much down ($ and hope) to just be disappointed/let down again. I haven't scheduled my consult with my RE yet. I have my annual pap next week with my OB so I'm going to see what she thinks before I schedule that consult. Although I'm not sure how objective of an opinion I'm going to get seeing as how my OB and RE are really good friends. I think I'm considering benching myself this month and not even try on our own. Maybe I just need a break and time to think.

Any questions?: nope.

GTKY: What celebrity chef would you choose to make a dinner for you? Scott Conant can cook me a steak and a bowl of pasta any time  <3 

Scott Conant is Married to Wife Meltem Conant Since 2007 - Details

• @misshelen86 So awesome for getting to move forward with IUI!

@emeraldduchess I'm sorry you're feeling like that. I can relate to having in-law's like that. I've honestly been thinking about avoiding mine for the same reasons, but I know that isn't fair to MH. I'm glad that you're having a pleasant experience with your RE's office though.

@mvt2003 that's amazing news from your baseline! FX this is the cycle! Crazy about the tree, too! I'm glad no one was hurt.

@inthewoods23 I think it would be a great idea to get away. *hugs*

@kpearse99 I'm very happy that you enjoyed your weekend and are enjoying YH without stressing out. 

@bluetickgal I hope things go well this time. FX your IUI is successful!
  • @thegirlwhowaited_ thank you! I’m so sorry you are in limbo and your RE won’t let you try another IUI! Has your RE indicated that IVF is the best (or only) way they see you getting KU? If not, that seems kind of crazy that they won’t let you continue with less invasive measures right now! Could you consult a different RE if you don’t get much insight from your OB at your annual visit? If you feel like you need a break, I say go for it! The TTC stress has such a major impact on us, and maybe taking a break will help a bit! 
  • @legallykate Awesome! Let's definitely compare! I'm doing my injections in 1 hour: menopur and follistim. I've done gonal-f in the past with IUI, and follistim is the same pen concept, so I'm mostly nervous about mixing the menopur etc. I'm okay with giving myself shots, so that helps too. :) 

@bluetickgal Thank you so much! My ultrasound looked good, so we're officially a go! The giant box of meds was super overwhelming at first, but its okay now. To answer your question: the study requires PGT-A, so we'll have to do that. I'm not complaining. It's something I would have probably wanted to do anyway, so it's nice that it's covered.
    FX that this dose of letrozole does the trick for you!!!
  • @legallykate I can only imagine how overwhelming it must all be! How did your appointment go? Did you get to ask all of your questions and do you feel more prepared?

@shoogapoff Yes, friend! It really really is happening!!! So glad everything looked good yesterday and that you were good to start! FX

@bluetickgal eeeek can't wait for the update on how your monitoring appointment went!! I really hope the increased dose shows something for you!!

@thegirlwhowaited_ I know you were on clomid but did your RE every have you try letrozole? There's typically way less hormonal side effects with that drug.
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bluetickgal I hope your appointment goes well and you are responding amazingly to the increased dose!

@thegirlwhowaited Does your RE just have a rule about 3 IUIs or what is the reason for not letting you do another? With the price difference I think it’s kind of crappy that she is pushing you towards IVF if you’d rather try IUI again especially with your history.

@shoogapuff Hope your first injections went well! I was intimidated by the Menopur too but after the first time the mixing is super easy. I wish they all had the pens though!

@kpearse My appointment was good, I didn’t get much face time with my doctor because he was also covering for his partner, but I got to sit with one of the nurses for a long time and she was great at explaining everything.

Overall right now I feel good about my protocol and prospects but the most overwhelming part is just trying to balance all the monitoring appointments and blood draws with work without telling anyone at work what I am doing (because I would rather them not know there is a possibility I might take leave sometime in 2021 until it is way more than just a possibility). I did have to tell one partner that I am on medication that requires monitoring on a specific day because he asked me last minute to be his second chair for a depo on Friday and I have my blood draw and ultrasound Friday.

*TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @bluetickgal We really expected the IUI to work since it has previously for me, but my RE's reasoning is that for someone with unexplained infertility there is still only a 10% change of getting KU each IUI cycle. Where as the probability greatly increases with IVF and to her it's better to do IVF than possibly spending more time and money on failed IUI cycles. I have a lot of concerns with IVF though, one major one in that it's more invasive. 

@kpearse99 She brought it up last time at my baseline, but she really prefers Clomid. If we have another follow-up/consult appointment with the RE I may ask if we can do one more IUI with Letrozole and see if anything happens.

@legallykate Their practices policy is 3 IUI's and then discuss IVF. I think because they don't want a lot of patients to spend so much towards their infertility life time max and then not be able to to IVF. Which I understand, but my insurance has a $20k lifetime max on fertility benefits. If we have another follow-up/consult appointment with the RE I may ask if we can do another IUI with Letrozole and see if anything happens.
  • @bluetickgal I'm so sorry for the disappointing news. That is really strange that you didn't respond as well this time! Good for you for thinking of what you want to ask your RE. Those questions all make a lot of sense to broach. FX that you get good news on Monday!
  • @legallykate Thanks, girl. I had a definite panic moment with the Menopur when I was trying to mix it. The volume of fluid in the syringe was less than the amount of sodium chloride I had initially drawn up, and I thought I must have majorly messed up. I googled it, and I guess it happens to other people. I expected the volume to go up slightly since I'm adding powder to the liquid, but I guess that doesn't happen. I'm going to be really careful tonight and hopefully will feel better about it then. 
  • kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited July 2020
    all this stuff is going to be going on around me and that's okay. If I need to be sad about it, then be sad about it. We'll get through it.
    @inthewoods23
     So. Much. YES. to this, friend!!!!!
    There is so much that is going to happen and be around us that is out of our control. Life is still going to happen around us. And we can be sad about it at times and happy about it at times, but we need to keep on going and keep on living. Let yourself feel whatever it is you need to feel but don't let it hold you back. <3 I love ya, friend!!!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 exactly!!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited July 2020
    @shoogapoff thanks, friend! Am I remembering correctly that you did gonal-f injections? If so, how were they as far as side-effects and your response? Also, if you don’t mind me asking...was it incredibly expensive? I started looking up some info, and the cost estimates seem super high! We have pretty good IF coverage, so it’s not a huge issue...I just wasn’t expecting it to be that much higher! Letrozole is dirt cheap with insurance! And if you don’t feel comfortable sharing, I totally understand! If it wasn’t you that did injectables, sorry for the confusion...it’s hard to keep everyone’s treatment straight sometimes! ☺️
    @inthewoods23 thanks, friend! I so t know...I feel like my RE was surprised, especially comparing my past cycles! He also mentioned if they don’t grow by Monday, we would have to start back with the next cycle...so that makes me think it’s not normal. Hopefully they listen to your gif (love that one) and grow significantly by Monday! I’m so glad you and YH have a plan to get away next week...and hopefully you can convince him to make it an overnight trip! I’m so glad you were able to talk to your therapist about your IF journey (and that she can relate)! That is great that you came to that realization...and most importantly, you will get through it! 💜

*Edited to add question for @shoogapoff.*
  • @bluetickgal Good memory! I did do gonal-f with my last 2 IUIs. Side-effects were really minimal, but I had a good response with it.  Now that I am on menopur and follistim (basically gonal-f), I am having raging headaches every day, but that's it so far. Not sure if that's just the menopur, or the combination. Anyway, I had at least 3 mature follies and 2 or 3 more that were growing at my last IUI. That's a big part of why they wanted us to go for IVF. Something isn't working with IUI, because my follie growth was really good and yet, BFN each time. Gonal-F is expensive. There are different size pens. I think the biggest is 900 iU and when I got that one, we paid around $800 for it. Our insurance didn't cover any meds, so that was total out-of-pocket cost. That being said, I have an IRL friend who is going through treatment, and her dr gave her another pharmacy that is supposedly really inexpensive for medications. It is called Encompass Fertility. I don't know how they compare in price, but maybe my experience would give you a ballpark of what to expect. 
  • @inthewoods23 Your post made me think about this: There is an instagram account that I follow that is really good: " missconceptioncoach "

She is a therapist who specializes in infertility counseling. She posts really good thoughts about infertility trauma, and normalizes this experience. I put two examples of her posts in the spoiler below. They might be really big, so I apologize if the formatting is weird: 

• @shoogapoff I love these!!!  <3<3

Instant follow  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shoogapoff whew, glad I was right! Haha. Ugh, that stinks about the headaches, hopefully that’ll stop soon once your body is used to the meds! Thanks for sharing your experience...it’s definitely nice to have a frame of reference! I’m starting to wonder if injectables would be covered for me...Letrozole has always been covered (I get it at Walgreens), but progesterone and the trigger shots have not been (I get those at a specialty pharmacy that does compounded meds - progesterone was partially covered the first time, but hasn’t been since). The RE may not even recommend injectables, and who knows...maybe my follies will have grown by Monday and we won’t want to change meds. But it’s nice to have some idea of what that could cost if that is something we will be considering! Thanks again! 
  • @bluetickgal just to piggy back on @shoogapoff's comments - double check with your insurance if they have a preferred specialty pharmacy. My IUI trigger shots (pregnyl) were through Schraffs as that was what my clinic recommended (I think their other recommendation was Mandela's). When I went to order my IVF meds through Schraffs, they actually told me my insurance only covers IVF meds through Freedom Pharmacy and directed me that way. I guess they weren't flagged about it the first 3 times for the IUIs 😑

When I looked on my insurance's "preferred meds/brands" list, Pregnyl wasn't even covered so I paid $100 some for it for the IUIs but used a different trigger that was covered for the ER and that cost was... $40 or $50?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • legallykatelegallykate member
    edited July 2020

@thegirlwhowaited I am not familiar with Letrozole but I think trying another IUI with a different protocol makes sense. We only jumped right to IVF because of my diagnosis, I would have loved to give IUI a try (or many tries) if it had made sense for us.

@bluetickgal I am sorry about your appointment yesterday, I will be sending you major follie growth vibes this weekend!

@shoogapoff How’s it going, cycle buddy? When do you have your first monitoring bw and u/s?

@inthewoods23 Even a day of wildlife sounds so nice, but I hope you get an overnight vacay too! I am glad therapy seems to be helping so much and that you and YH seem like such a great team in this fight.

AFM, I had my first monitoring appt today (after 3 days of stims) and was happy with my Estradiol level but disappointed there weren't many visible follies yet. Trying to keep in mind that it is super early and I usually have a long follicular phase so I am probably a slow grower. I'll take the injections over the mindf*ckness of IVF any day though  :D
    *TTC History*

• @inthewoods23 oh, thanks for the tips! Are those pharmacies online? When my RE gave me the progesterone prescription the first time, he told me there were only 2 pharmacies in town that did compounded meds. He recommended one over the other, so I just went there and have continued to for progesterone and trigger shots. Side note, I’ve paid $190 for the ovidrel shots...so, I clearly paid too much! 😒 I will definitely check with my insurance about what specialty pharmacies would be covered (if any)...I know they became a lot stricter on what they cover and from where this year! That is frustrating you didn’t know about their pharmacy restrictions for your IUI’s, but that’s good they told you for all the IVF meds at least! 
    @legallykate thanks, friend!! Sending you major follie growth vibes right back...hopefully those follies are just taking their time to get to the perfect size!! That’s great news your Estradiol level was good! 
  • @bluetickgal yes, they deliver the meds to you! Some of it needs to be refrigerated and so you'll get bonus ice packs to keep 😆 highly recommend!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Ooooh, friends, I am so excited reading so many of these updates! I will get all caught up with tags tomorrow. In the meantime:

@mvt2003 Thinking of you & sending all the positive vibes your way!💓😘💗😊🙏🏽 I totally get what you’re saying about your mindset. Can you do some mantras to shift your thinking? I’ve read women’s successful updates who say they spoke their positive outcomes into existence by repeating very specific mantras everyday, such as “My embryos are beautiful, healthy, and chromosomally normal. My womb is a welcoming nurturing environment for my perfect embryos.” Not sure what you think of stuff like this but just wanted to offer it up. I’m going to have to try something like this to shift my current mindset as well. Wishing you all the best!💗💗💗

@legallykate & @shoogapoff Thinking of both of you too & sending all the rest of my positive vibes!💗🙏🏽💗🙏🏽💗 Praying that everything goes perfectly with both of your cycles.