Trying to Get Pregnant

July 2020 Mental Health Check-In

U.S: National Suicide Prevention :  1-800-273-TALK [8255]

Chat option:   https://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx

Link to Canadian Resources:  https://suicideprevention.ca/need-help/

This is a safe place for more detailed support in mental health, struggles, and successes.  Whereas general stress and issues are often discussed in R/R of dailies, this place is for a more focused discussion of the impact of mental health.  Members are encouraged to use thoughtfulness and depth to examine feelings, barriers, and useful supports. 

This post can be replied to at any time during the month. Not limited to those with a mental health diagnosis, but please be sensitive to others. We will attempt to be as flame free as possible!

Feel free to share, vent, or support other members on this thread. Share a picture/gif that expresses how you feel or provides some comfort. 

If you need help getting started, consider filling out the form below:

Mental Health Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?:

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA):

How are you feeling?

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.)

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: July 2020 Mental Health Check-In

• LOVE that you started this thread. I have depression. Just recently weaned off my meds because we are TTC and my particular medication isn't safe for pregnancy. So far I'm doing OK. I'm nervous that once the hormones start to go crazy during pregnancy and post partum, it will become unmanageable.
  • @zookeeperc is it possible for you to go on a med that is safe during pregnancy? I know with meds they can work but make you feel like crap or just not work at all so its hard to find one that checks off all the boxes for your needs.

Mental Health Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?: Anxiety, HSP (not technically a diagnosis since it's a personality trait), and just a generally feeling of bummed out!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA): WTO, should be in the TWW in about a week

How are you feeling? Today has been a crappy day, but I'm trying to tell myself it's okay. I think I'm just feeling a lot of general sadness in multiple areas. I'm not always enjoying my job, TTC sucks and I worry we're wasting our time trying naturally again for a little while before going back to the RE, and again there's a mound of dishes left dirty on the counter (and have been since las week!). Sigh. Always feeling like I can't catch a break. I think I just need to keep my headphones nearby and let the music move me when I need it. I think I need to make a playlist again of the metal songs that really move me - the ones I always want on repeat! 

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.) Just in counseling right now. I used to think I absolutely needed meds, but my last appointment with my therapist really helped me see that maybe I don't need all that and just need to work to keep myself in a good mindset - although it probably wouldn't hurt to find something that can help my anxieties in the moment since I sometimes really go wild with emotion.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Mental Health Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?:
    Depression, general anxiety disorder, PTSD

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA): 
    TWW (for another 5 ish days)

How are you feeling? 
    Okay. I actually went off my anxiety meds and my anxiety is far worse when I have to be around people. That is the nice thing about quarantine for me. My mental health is benefit some from the lack of daily anxiety from just having to be out and about in the world. Although, I miss talking to people.

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.) Off meds for now. I haven’t found a good pregnancy safe one that doesn’t mess with my sleep. I should be in counseling, but our mental health counselors in my state are so backed up it’s impossible to get into one, so I really on platforms like this and *TW* precious pregnancy
    my May 19 BMB
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @zookeeperc I definitely recommend talking to your medical team about figuring out TTC/pregnancy/breastfeeding (if you plan on doing that) safe medication management should you need it. You may not, but it's good to be proactive rather than reactive.
    @inthewoods23 I'm sorry you're struggling, but hopefully finding new ways to cope and manage will help alleviate the symptoms enough that you don't feel like you're drowning. Have you and YH talked about when you might go back to your RE team?

Mental Health Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?: Bipolar type II, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA): WFAF
    How are you feeling? Not terrible, not great, generally irritated and pissed off about my cycle but there's not much I can do about that. I'm trying to keep my stress levels under control and for the last 3 weeks I've felt like I'm on the brink of tears about 80% of the time. I think I need to try to give myself some space this week to just feel my feelings and be okay with it.
    Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.) I've been using my coping skills a lot more regularly which has been helping. I've also been distracting myself with school and extra research which... ehhh... probably isn't healthy but whatever. I'll find a new counselor eventually?
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @chindimples04 same, I'm totally doing better not having to interact with people much. Sad to say, but the pandemic has had some benefits

@ashaislurking the original thought was to maybe go back when my cycle starts in September or October but... Idk that just doesn't seem very far away. And maybe I feel that way since the last cycle was really the first one we had a good chance of success with timing plus the 3-ish months of DH being on CoQ10. We didn't really have a plan finalized besides going back in the fall. Idk, I have to think about due dates since we have busy winters. I probably wouldn't want a FET any later than February next year. Considering the BC I'd go on and the timing of cycles (plus what's already booked anyway) I probably would call them in my November cycle at the latest.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @zookeeperc there are lots of good options for breastfeeding and pregnancy safe. I hate the Mrs guessing game, though! The last one I tried made me feel like I as drank a bottle of NyQuil. I fell asleep driving and at work the first few days. NOT a good fit!

@inthewoods23 I didn’t realize how much my anxiety was tied to being around other people until I was forced to stay home. 

@ashaislurking I haven’t met very many people willing to “admit” their PTSD (bad wording). I have always felt a bit alone in that world. Thank you for sharing.
    TTC History

• zookeeperczookeeperc member
    edited July 2020
    @chindimples04 @ashaislurking I want to try to be as natural as possible during pregnancy.

*TW live child *
    I did this with my previous two pregnancies and would love to try to do it again. 

I like your point about being proactive, vs reactive, as the meds do take some time to get fully into your system when you start them. I have spoken with my Dr, and he helped me come up with a weaning plan to try out.

It scares me that so often Dr's will say something is ok, then come back a few years later and say, "Well, that definitely was NOT OK." 

I agree with all that quarantine has made coping much easier. 

Confession: I'm not a jealous person by nature, but when I'm on medication and feeling great, I become so jealous that there are people in the world who are just able to go about their lives "normal" and without mental health problems. It is really difficult to deal with, I can't imagine a life free of that daily internal struggle. 
  • Whose got some good techniques/strategies to get yourself out of a funk? I'm back in one today, and no amount of music seems to be making me feel better.

Too much is on my mind today  :'(
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @inthewoods23 running or reading are my go to's. Maybe 3-4x in my life I've cried while running and it was so cathartic. Reading I find distracting but I can also watch a semi-emotional movie and be distracted OR also have a good cry. I hope your day got better and you get our of your funk soon!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @inthewoods23 Projects. It’s the only thing that truly gets me out of my head. I need my mind and my body to be busy to truly feel in control again.
    TTC History

• @kvh22 I’ve definitely learned that it’s better to feel that emotion. I need to find a good sappy movie!

@chindimples04 I wish I could get things done! Anxiety is so overwhelming that I can’t do productive things. I’m such the opposite. You won’t see me “anxiety clean”. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @inthewoods23 I just cried during The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last week if you need a recommendation 😂 DH was so confused b/c it wasn't even an emotional part in theory but I read the book and knew what was coming and it just hit home. He asked if we needed to turn it off 😬

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I’m not sure what’s going on but all of a sudden, I am super irritable and I am so snappy and everyone. I thought I was really handling things well but now it’s showing I’m really not. I just feel so angry and anxious and i don’t like this feeling. 👎🏼
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 sorry you're feeling this way! I'm right there with you. Yesterday I was talking with my friend and I mentioned how it feels like I need to be in a calm and chill state for MONTHS for this to work. I want to stop feeling like shit all the time but my brain just does not allow it  :/ I don't think I've gone longer than a week of feeling content and happy. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause