December 2020 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday 6/22

Summer is coming along and I am craving cookout food.  Haven't made any yet, but hopefully soon!  

What are you guys planning to eat?

Re: Meal Plan Monday 6/22

• Options
    So we are sticking with some sunbasket meals every week because I’m still not feeling very inspired to grocery shop or come up with recipes. On weekends my husband usually takes over the planning with some kind of fresh seafood or cooking something on the grill. This week we are getting:

Shrimp Paella (looks very plain so I’m gonna add some things from my Cuban grandfathers recipe to doctor this up)

Spicy Sichuan Chicken with kale & rice - this looks yum

Spicy Chicken lettuce wraps - I’ll probably do another appetizer type thing with it Bc it doesn’t look like enough for 2 people
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    edited June 2020
    So far I only have 2 meal ideas: stir fry and a shrimp basil cream pasta dish.  We're going on a picnic this weekend and I'm going to make BLT dip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    Yesterday I made chicken salad for lunches (should carry us through today). Tried out a copycat Panera recipe, which came out decent (a little sweet, so next time might skip the lemon juice and honey). I may also make some chickpea smash salad for sandwiches to use up some overripe avocado. It winds up tasting kind of a like a falafel with the curry powder. Last week I was all about buffalo chicken salads, so trying to change it up a bit. 

We do Home Chef for a few meals a week, so last night we ate the last meal from last week (Chicken with chipotle crema and broiled corn and zucchini), and then this week we're getting:
    1) Chicken Jalapeno Popper Flautas
    2) Cuban Avocado Black Bean Quinoa Bowl
    3) Tuscan Chicken with Roasted Grape Tomatoes and Zucchini

We also started getting deliveries from Imperfect Foods for some extra produce (fruit and salad, mostly). Still have a stockpile of frozen meat/seafood, so will probably defrost some of those to cook with the broccoli or zucchini we got from IF. I found a recipe for lime garlic butter salmon, which I might try with the salmon we got from IF last week (I froze it). We also got a ball of fresh mozzerella for the pasta salad I've been meaning to make as well, my cousin posted one on Facebook a couple of weeks ago that looked amazing.

For breakfasts I've been doing a parfait with berries, Greek yogurt, honey, and uncooked rolled oats. It's a fiber bomb, which my body is appreciating. 
  • Options
    I’m doing I’m doing chicken wraps and a salad for lunches and butternut squash soup and kale salad for dinners! Really trying to reign in the healthy eating again 
  • Options
    It's my birthday week so we'll be getting lots of take out yummy food! Started healthy with a Chicken Salad for dinner last night, getting Burritos from a local taquaria tonight, and then doing Sushi, Thai, Pizza, Burgers I think for the rest of the week =). Maybe some other exciting things..nothing too healthy this week!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @akoros everything you’ve got going on this week sounds incredible! I’ve been thinking of starting IF!
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    @shelmcclel Our friends recommended it earlier in the lockdown when I was lamenting that we still needed to go shopping for fresh produce. Just got our second box and I've been happy with it so far, the prices are very reasonable and decent quality (aside from the "imperfections", but even those haven't been that bad). They also have more than I thought, like meat, dairy, beverages, and snacks. We will still need to go to a store this week, but only for milk.
  • Options
    Last night was Chicken Tortilla Soup. Tonight will be Zucchini pasta with langostino lobster (for me) and scallops (for husband) with a lemon sauce. Tomorrow is Bulgogi beef bowls with cauliflower rice, and then Friday we’ll do BBQ chicken with cauliflower mash and a vinaigrette salad. :) We were super unhealthy last week so trying to make up with this week’s dinners!

Also planning on baking a crustless French onion tart from a recipe I LOVE, and that will cover a couple lunches for the week!
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    Decided to grill dinner yesterday after reading @dobiemom11 mention cookouts. We had marinated pork tenderloin (haven't made it in a while, and never grilled it before) with grilled broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes. Came out really well!

P.S. I love this pork recipe. Mix up the marinade and let the pork sit for 6-12 hours or more (I've also frozen the pork in the marinade, so it's ready to go once defrosted), then bake or grill at 450 degrees for ~20 minutes. The marinade (for one tenderloin) is 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 TBS brown sugar, 2 TBS olive oil, 2 TBS sherry (marsala or balsamic vinegar also works), some chopped onion or 1.5 tsp dried minced onion, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 2 crushed garlic cloves. I also throw in a little crushed red pepper for some spice. While the pork cooks, simmer the rest of the marinade on the stove until it reduces and becomes syrupy.