Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 6.22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**
Happy Summer, ladies!

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Monday 6.22

• Thanks @keikilove for starting.

Month/Cycle: 6, 2

CD/DPO: 51, 16

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Negative yesterday, I'll test again tomorrow if no AF.

How was everyone's weekend?

• @mighty_montgomery sorry for all the BFNs. How did you confirm O? Is it possible you're not as far along as you think?

Month/Cycle: 36

CD/DPO: 27/10

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Saturday if no AF

R/R: wow apparently the TTC TWW brain comes back strong when you're finally in a position to have a decent chance at natural conception. Here are the ridiculous things I did this weekend: questioned if my major improvement in happiness is from being KU, pinned 1st trimester and hospital bag checklists to my private future baby board on Pinterest, questioning whether or not my cat knows something because she laid across my uterus while I relaxed on our loveseat doing word puzzles and later just laid 2ft from me on the floor of the living room after bringing up one of her stick toys, something she's never done so I basically spent all of yesterday convinced I was KU. Have I lost my mind? Yes. Will I test at any point during the week? No, too chicken.

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I don't blame you at all for TWW brain! It's fun to plan and hope and to wonder if your cat already knows is reasonable to me. Your temps look great and I hope you get a BFP this weekend!

I had started using CBAD ovulation tests CD 24, CD 25 - CD 33 I had "High fertility" results, and on CD 34 I had "Peak fertility" result, so I think I ovulated on CD 35 (16 days ago). That's the information I'm going off of. It's possible that my body tried to ovulate at that time but was unsuccessful. Because my cycles are so unpredictable, I was trusting that AF would come over the weekend so that I could start Clomid and have a better chance of conceiving, especially since my doctor monitors my cycle with ultrasound and bloodwork when I'm on it.
    I don't have signs of AF or HCG. No nausea, no soreness, no strong cramping, no spotting, no positive tests lol
    I really think that AF is just late and there's less and less chance of pregnancy the farther I get from 14dpo with negative HCG tests.
  • @mighty_montgomery hmm that sounds like that would be correct. I think you can get a surge/peak that doesn't actually result in ovulation, but I really don't know as I've never had ovulation issues. I feel that the CBAD tests can just lead to confusion because that solid smiley stays for 2 days so you can't even continue to test the days after. In generic examples of LH levels I've seen on websites, you can get 2 humps with the 2nd being the actual peak. I don't think CBAD would be able to detect the 2nd peak since you can't test after the first peak reading.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • edited June 2020

@mighty_montgomery sorry for the bfn. I hope you get some clarity on your cycle soon! 

@inthewoods23 wow! Ttc brain is strong! I hope this is your cycle! It always stresses me out to SS or to be too hopeful, so I feel you on being too chicken to test! 

Month/Cycle: 12/11

CD/DPO: 33/11

Timing: -3,-2,-1,+1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days 

Testing: Maybe tomorrow, maybe not. 

R/R: Our weekend was good! The wedding went smoothly! The groom is color blind and as a gift after their first look, she gave him some of those glasses that help see color, and it was so sweet to see first hand. He was an emotional groom and I love that!  Photographing weddings always wears me out, especially after a busy day yesterday too. We spent the day with DHs family. My dad passed in 2014, so Father’s Day is always a little bittersweet. But we had a good day still. All of the things have been keeping my ttc brain in check, which I appreciate. 

CS/Q: 

• @photographerwife oh my gosh I love watching those videos of people being gifted those glasses. It's just so sweet!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 crossing my fingers so hard that you'll be using that pinterest board after this cycle!
  • @inthewoods23 TTC TWW brain is tough!  I'm fighting my right now.  Checked CM last night since one of my TTC books said that creamy CM is a positive sign.  Come Saturday, we should have our answers.

Month/Cycle: Four years and counting
    CD/DPO: 25/9
    Timing: IUI
    LP length: 14 days
    Testing: Jun 27
    R/R: TWW brain is getting to me.  Mentioned checking CM above, been having to pee more (I've been drinking more water to stay hydrated, but four times a night? come on).  I basically turn into a SS SS (symptom spotting special snowflake) during TWW.  Just gotta hold on til Saturday.
    CS/Q: I got nothin'.
  • @SesshomaruMom oh man, are we the same person?? haha I've been having CM too which is more unusual for this time in the cycle and I was drinking lots of water over the weekend too, but that's likely because it was so hot!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Good morning everyone!! 

@mighty_montgomery hi! I hope you get some clarity soon and that AF comes so that you can start clomid. It's tough to get BFNs when AF is late. 

@inthewoods23 😂 I get the same way during each TWW and then while WTO I'm like ok this time I'm going to be cool and not SS so much. I've had the same thoughts with my cat too! I swear she likes to mess with me during the TWW to get revenge for giving her medication.  I really hope that your cat is onto something though! Your chart looks great! 

@photographerwife glad the wedding went well!! I would love to see someone try those glasses in real life. MH is colorblind and has no interest in trying them bc he's like meh I'm fine with what I can see. I'm sorry about your dad and that yesterday was bittersweet ♥️ 

Month/Cycle: 14/12

CD/DPO: 16/3

Timing: -3, -2

Typical LP length: ?? I keep saying 12-14 but lately it's been 11. This is my 3rd cycle AL so might still be regulating.

Testing: ?? I say wait for AF now, pretty sure I'll change my tune as the week goes on. 

R/R: hi! I haven't checked in in a week and feel like it's been longer! I was at my school everyday last week for material drop off/pick up and drive through graduations and it was a tough week. I was there for about 6 hours a day with a mask and gloves on and it was hard. I didn't eat or drink anything the whole time bc I didn't want to touch my mask, and didn't look at my phone/touch my stuff bc didn't want germs anywhere. It was sooo good to see coworkers and students, but very emotionally draining so each day I came home and just crashed. I'm in NJ right outside NYC and we were hit hard by covid, so everyone's been touched somehow by it. I did drink a ton of wine one night and got massively sick, first time in 8 years doing that and holy cow hangovers are worse the older you get. I don't think I'll have wine for another 8 years 😂😰 

CS/Q: 

• @SesshomaruMom fingers crossed for you for Saturday!! It's so hard not to SS. And up 4 times to pee overnight?? Wow!! Are you exhausted today?
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 26/7

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 10-13 days

Testing: HCG test ==> not unless AF is late; should know in a few days since my LP has been on the shorter end of things. Had my Day 21 blood test this morning; I'm 95% certain it'll come back w/ low progesterone given Proov strip results last and this cycle and also LP length. Lab tech said I should know tomorrow, but that seems too soon. 

R/R: Too early in the week for a rant. Rave: finally convinced DH to drive to San Diego for the Jul 4 long weekend; our honeymoon (was supposed to be in April) has been postponed indefinitely due to COVID and I NEED to get out of the house; so this will be a mini-moon of sorts. Really just want to hang out on the beach. 

CS/Q: Temps are looking good.

I spent the weekend doing lots of PCOS research (which I have) and figured that progesterone issues are essentially a symptom. So, I expect the lab will confirm that. Also did some research on what's the next steps in our fertility journey and I think I'll ask my OB for Clomid to help with my ovulation. Although I have an appointment booked w/ RE in early July, I feel like I just started figuring out my body and taking supplements for PCOS, I still kind of want to keep trying naturally before we get into more serious fertility interventions. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @mighty_montgomery really sucks about BFN; but there is still hope. Do you recall if you're feeling any different as same time last cycle? 

@inthewoods23really hoping for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻You temps are looking good. 

@photographerwife that sounds like a lovely wedding! How many ppl were in attendance? 

@SesshomaruMom I totally get you on the night-time pee-ing; I've always had to go at least 1x; but now also drinking more water and that cadence has increased. It's especially hard since I'm using these Proov strips to confirm progesterone levels and they advise FMU with a 6hr hold! That requires a special kind of effort. 

@_orchid_ +1 on the hangover severity; DH and I stopped drinking while we try but we enjoy a bottle of wine whenever AF arrives. I used to be able to take care of a bottle by myself w/o trouble; now if I don't stop after 1 glass, I pay the price in poor sleep & headache.  

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @mighty_montgomery sorry for the BFNs!!

@inthewoods23 I go there mentally every time I’m in the TWW!! And every time I start out saying how I’m not going to go crazy this month and then just can’t help it lol.

@photographerwife I’m glad the wedding was nice...that sounds likw such a sweet moment with the glasses!

@SesshomaruMom FX for you!

@_orchid_ that really sounds like a draining week. Sorry for the wicked hangover!!

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 28/2-4

Timing: pretty good either way!

Typical LP length: on progesterone, last cycle it was 15

Testing: I keep saying “not until July” as if that’s not next week LOL

R/R: We had the best weekend!! I had posted early last week about our beach plans that were cancelled due to weather. Well, we un-cancelled them last minute and had the most gorgeous beach day ever on Saturday, then spent the day with my parents yesterday for Father’s Day. This is my first week of “summer”, but I spent the day scheduling testing appointments for some of our incoming students, so it didn’t feel very relaxing. I scheduled all of them for July So next month is shaping out to be crazy!

CS/Q: FF seems to think I O’d on CD24, but I had significant O pain on CD26 so idk. Either way, I’ll start Progesterone tonight...

• @acleverusername your trip to San Diego sounds like fun! A few days on the beach sound perfect right now. Sorry about your honeymoon. Ugh I wish this hangover was a headache- my stomach still feels off and its been 4 days. I keep saying never again! Definitely reminded me that I can't drink wine even though it tastes good! 

@runningoncookies wow your timing looks great either way!! FX for you for this cycle! Glad you had a great weekend, I am jealous of beach time!
  • Will be back in a few hours for tags! Squeezing in some TTGP interaction on a short work break!

Month/Cycle: 25

CD/DPO: 17/4

Timing: IUI on -1, extra hump sesh on -1, O

Typical LP length: 10-13

Testing: Doc ordered beta for July 1. I’m testing the hCG trigger shot out of my system now. It’s usually lighter today, usually disappears on 9DPO...

R/R: I have a presentation today that is going to be SOOO good! But I’m nervous! No rants, except how tired I am from prepping for said presentation half the night😆

CS/Q: Finally got them CHs!