Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 6.22

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: In keeping with our recent travel topics: which top 3 destinations would you like to go to (countries or landmarks)?

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 6.22

• Loading the player...
  • @emeraldduchess hope you can start treatment soon!

@kpearse99 are your cycles normally this long? Also why does the world have to be so cruel and make us go through the many stages of grief a million times!?! Glad you're doing better, but it's totally okay to be overly emotional! Feel your feelings for as long as you need to  :)

My new mantra is basically "Always be kind"
    Always Be Kind Images Stock Photos  Vectors  Shutterstock
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Honestly, I don't know how to answer your question haha This is my 3rd cycle since my cyst and the first two were both 35 days long, so I thought I was getting back on a regular schedule but then NOPE haha.  After my first loss in Fall of 2018 I was regular every 30 days for 7 months and then once I started with the RE last June my cycles were weird like this one is. This is all part of the reason why I think I'm nearing the end of wanting to actively try. 
    And yes!! I LOVE that mantra and basically try to live by it every day!

@gingermama29 I'm so happy to hear you don't have those gross side effects this time around! I'm sorry you're approaching the 1 year mark :( I hope you can do something kind for yourself this week.
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 so many hugs to you, my friend. I have meltdowns like that too where I'm ready to say "F this, I'm done". Feel all the feels. I know that whatever you choose will be the best for you and your family.  <3

@inthewoods23 I'm glad you feel like you're in such a good place! I know you were feeling blah/meh for quite a while. Your travel list reminded me that there's a lot here in the USA that I have yet to see!

@misshelen86 OH NO! I am so sorry your appointment got cancelled. That sucks so much. I know 2 weeks is a short amount of time, but it definitely doesn't feel that way when your body is on a cycle. A 2 week delay can mean waiting another 2 weeks for the procedure. Hugs to you, friend. 
    We are doing the PGS testing. Because I'm AMA with 2 early losses, my RE strongly recommended it. They charge $2500 for lab fees then you pay per embryo. We had the option of a flat-fee for up to 8, though. We decided to pay per embryo because of my losses and the fact that we're just shy of 2 years TTC, I don't think more than 3 or 4 will make it to freeze and testing. My ovaries may respond well like they did on letrozole, but we need quality, not quantity. :)

@gingermama29 glad the side effects are gone! I'm sorry you're about to hit the 1 year mark. It sucks so much. Hugs to you, too. 
  • @thegirlwhowaited_ omg can I slap your SIL for you? WHO TF gloats about something like that?? RUDE
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 be my guest. Now my mean thoughts feel justified. 
  • @misshelen86 I'm sorry things got delayed. That's so frustrating! I hope these next two weeks fly by for you. Hugs friend.

@thegirlwhowaited_ ugh wtf to your SIL. You'd be more than justified in giving her a throat punch. Sorry she was so insensitive and braggy. 
  • @misshelen86 ugh, oh man!!! Can't they email you the forms to sign electronically?! 

@thegirlwhowaited_ oh geez, that is a stinger for sure from your SIL with her just gloating like that and carrying on. Does she know that you guys are having trouble? Not that it makes it any better, but it would certainly be worse if she did know and still kept throwing that in your face!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @emeraldduchess It definitely makes sense to do the testing. If we end up going through IVF we will be doing PGS as well and are also expected to get 3-4 embryos. 

@inthewoods23 It’s amazing how much better I feel when I stay on top of my yoga practice. I’m hoping this won’t delay us doing IUI next month.. I’ll most likely be right at the end of my current cycle. 

@thegirlwhowaited_ FX for this IUI. Hopefully it’s a really good quality follie and you will have success. As to your SIL, she deserves a throat punch for sure. You are so justified in your feelings. Does she know what you’re going through? If so, I would call her out on it so she is more aware in the future of what she says in front of you. So sorry you had to deal with that. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @thegirlwhowaited_ a massive WTF and major side-eye to your SIL. That's awful she treated you like that. Lots of hugs to you. That's also crazy that you have to pay for the ENTIRE IVF cycle up front. Do they give you back any $$ if the embryos don't make it to freeze or if there is any other kind of failure with the cycle? 
  • @kpearse99 @misshelen86 She knows the entire story of our TTC and that we'd just had an ultrasound that morning. She is the baby and the favorite of MH's 5 siblings. I think she did it to be in the spotlight and not me. As though going through fertility treatments is a spotlight you want.

@emeraldduchess they'll credit back any cost not spent on monitoring appointments (like if I only need 4 instead of 5) and the freeze if we don't have any that need to be preserved. If we need a second round all the $ credited will roll over towards the next expenses. The freeze alone is $1,500 because it's excluded from insurance. Not sure how that compares to where you ladies are in the world.
  • @thegirlwhowaited_ that makes me so angry that your SIL knows what you're going through and still said that. She needed the focus on her so badly that she was willing to be so hurtful? SMH. 
    That's good that you'll get credit towards another cycle if needed. I've found that coverage varies widely by state here in the US. Some of the ladies here have zero coverage and others have almost 100% (and even then the meds and copays are steep). I really hope that the lawmakers wake the heck up on this. IF is a medical condition that needs treatment. There's no excuse for zero coverage. 
  • @inthewoods23 I'm glad you've been in a great mood lately! I definitely giggled at the "bed squeaking" lolol

@kpearse99 I am sending so much love your way. What a difficult crossroads you find yourself at. I'm hoping you can make a decision that feels right for you and brings you the most peace!

@gingermama29 glad this month is way better in terms of side effects. You're about halfway through the three months, right? 

@misshelen86 ugh sorry that your appointment was postponed.  I definitely understand your frustration. I would probably have cried too!  Two weeks objectively isn't necessarily a long period of time but in the TTC world it sure does feel like it, especially when timing is crucial for everything.

@thegirlwhowaited_ ugh what a b*tchy thing for your SIL to do, especially knowing what you've been going through. Hope your IUI went well yesterday and that this is your month! It's frustrating to go through all of that and end up with one follicle, but hopefully it's a good one!

@emeraldduchess I hope your clinic is ready to start treatments back up again soon, but even more so, I hope you don't need it! my fingers are crossed for you! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Diagnosis (if you've been): high(ish) TSH, low morph, DOR

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): follistim + ovidrel+ IUI+prometrium

How are things going?: Well, I'm back on the progesterone, and now just waiting for beta next tuesday. Other than that, still trudging along in my regular life. I took this friday off so I'm looking forward to that. Plus, since next friday is the day off for 4th of july, I basically have two back to back three day weekends, which is nice!

Any questions?:

GTKY: In keeping with our recent travel topics: which top 3 destinations would you like to go to (countries or landmarks)? I would love to see the northern lights, so wherever I can go for that - Alaska, Iceland, etc (I'm counting this as one destination); Italy, and Hawaii 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @mvt2003 I'm so sorry, so many hugs for you.
  • @mvt2003 So sorry my friend. I’m so sad for you.. sending you lots of hugs  <3 Take whatever time you need, feel all the feelings and we will be here when you are ready. I know it won’t fix things, but I hope you find something nice to do for yourself right now (I just indulged in a massage and a chocolate milkshake). 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @kpearse99 that’s awesome! FX it’s good coverage!
  • I haven't posted here yet this week but @mvt2003 just want to say how sorry I am and send you <3 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @bluetickgal oh girl, I am SO happy you asked again about upping your dose and even happier they said yes! At this point you've been on the 5mg dose for awhile with no results, so it's good that you're able to switch it up a bit. I responded the best to 7.5mg of letrozole over any other dose and over clomid! 
    Our TTC Journey

• @mvt2003 I am so, so sorry my sweet friend. Even when your gut tells you what's likely to happen, it's still awful and a terrible blow. Sending you all the hugs and love. 

• @mvt2003 ugh nooo! I'm so sorry for another failed transfer 😢😢😢😢 take care and be good to yourself while you regroup ❤️❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @mvt2003 So sorry to hear about the failed transfer.  Take the time you need to feel the feels.
    @thegirlwhowaited_ WTF to your SIL!  Wanting the spotlight or not, that was just rude.

Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
    TWW/WTO/TTA: TWW
    What we're doing this cycle: clomid, ovidrel, IUI
    How are things going: Got two more days until the big test.  Broke down yesterday, BFN.  That really bummed me out.  I've turned into a symptom spotting special snowflake; my mind is obsessing over every twinge.
  • @mvt2003 I haven't been able to post for a couple days cause TB is crazy glitchy but I wanted to say I'm so sorry friend. Sending hugs. 💕
  • I haven’t been able to take part in TTGP all week due to workload, but just couldn’t let time go by without saying @mvt2003 I have been thinking of and praying for you this week. I am so so sorry about the outcome of this last transfer. Having another chemical pregnancy is so heartbreaking. I am sending you light & positivity.💗 Take all the time you need to grieve and eventually regroup. Sending you hugs & comfort. ❤️🙏🏽😘