Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What is your favorite book?

Re: Week 1 (11/01-11/07) Check-in w/o 6/8/20

• Estimated due date (EDD): 11/7

Week of pregnancy: 18+2

Baby is the size of: A sweet potato <3 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/24 for A/S

Rant/Rave: Everything is going well, just hoping I will start feeling this little one move soon and that time doesn't drag between now and my a/s on the 24th! The summer semester started last week and I am taking bio 1 and 2 (each a month long). Since the semesters are so short, there is SO much work to do at once. This is my first time taking summer classes so I had no idea how crazy it would be and I am really not enjoying it, but oh well. If everything goes well I will get my associates right after baby is born so I am pushing through!

GTKY: What is your favorite book? I LOVE reading and am always looking for book recommendations. I read really fast it seems like and spend a ton of money on ebooks so I just recently got Kindle Unlimited and have been working my way through their thriller section. I don't know that I have a "favorite" but books I have read recently that I really enjoyed were Where the Crawdads Sing and The Silent Patient. Also reading Expecting Better which I really like.
  • I came back to add that I definitely do have a favorite book and I can't believe I forgot it haha. 1984 is my all time favorite and I have read it many times!
  • Loading the player...
  • @bserena I'm taking a summer class too (although mine is an 8 week class)! It's a culinary cost control and pricing class, so even though the math is all review for me, and so far super easy, I was definitely surprised at just how much there is to do. You must really have your hands full! And all that while working full time? What will your AA be in?
    I also loved Expecting Better (and recently started following Emily Oster on IG - she is doing a "Covid Explained" website right now too), and just ordered Cribsheet. And of course 1984 is a great choice (although it might be too scary for a reread at the moment).
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• mimsermimser member
    Estimated due date (EDD): November 3

Week of pregnancy: 19 weeks

Baby is the size of: Mango

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan next Monday 06/15 and tele appointment on 06/22

Rant/Rave: Sorry I keep talking about this...! We are in the process of moving, now a week in, I'm getting tired, we are almost done cleaning, but I just want to move on already! I've already decided that we won't touch the nursery until we are moved in, because it is just too much. We are painting the laundry room and bathroom today. Luckily I won't be the one doing the bulk of painting: first because I don't want to expose myself to the paint too much and climb on ladders, second because once they varnish the floor, being pregnant, I won't be allowed in for almost a week. Poor SO! Social distancing sucks right now because we are getting no help (we also didn't ask) aside from my MIL who will come in during the day next week to do a coat or two and we will continue in the evening. Long rant that will turn into a rave in about 2 weeks 😊 

GTKY: What is your favorite book? The Catcher in the Rye
  • @hedgepig agreed, they really pile on the work in these summer courses. People kept telling me summer classes were easier and more laid back... nope! Lol. My major is Biology, and once I get my associates I will be transferring to a four year school for my bachelors, but I am just excited to have a degree under my belt and feel like I am accomplishing something with all the hard work  :s I definitely stay busy but am really lucky to have a job with a lot of freedom (meaning I can work on school while at work when it is slow), so that helps a ton. I'll have to follow Oster's IG and I definitely want to get Cribsheet after reading Expecting Better! 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 11/5

Week of pregnancy: 18+5

Baby is the size of: Pomegranate/postcard

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for our Anatomy Scan!

Rant/Rave: Rant - I'm not really talking to my mother right now because she forced me into a political conversation with her even though I asked her to respect my boundaries. Rave - Excited for our anatomy scan on Friday. Also, my BFF is coming back from a month away and we will have a socially distance hang out with her and her husband. I've been dying for social interaction!

GTKY: What is your favorite book? HAHA, I really couldn't choose 10 favorite books, let alone 1! I read, a lot. The best book I read in 2019 was The Ninth House and I highly recommend it!
  • mimsermimser member
    @hedgepig @bserena I'm also reading Expecting Better and really like it. I just read the abstract of Cribsheet and I'll get on that one this summer for sure!
  • name1109name1109 member
    edited June 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/2

Week of pregnancy: 19 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of: Mango

Upcoming Appointments:  A/S 6/19 (!!!)

Rant/Rave:  Is anyone else freaking out that we're really close to halfway baked?  This has gone soooo fast but sooo slow.  I've started feeling her kick around in there and that has brought so much peace.  The pregnancy itself has been pretty uneventful for me which is a relief.  However, I will say that my legs are KILLING me.  Varicose veins are so incredibly painful.  I can't walk without these tights (I know I've said that a lot but that's been the incredibly visible/present thing for this pregnancy). 

@bserena way to go on doing bio 1 and 2.  I have 18 months of courses I'm supposed to do and I just lack the energy to do it.  So major credit to you.

@hedgepig and @bserena I have the biggest respect for anyone who can work on continued education.  I need to get some more mental energy.  Definitely checking out Emily Oster.

@mimser I so hate moving.  We received 428 items on our last move.  So exhausting simply taking things out of boxes and trying to fit things in our new place.  Fun fact we move every 1-3 years.  I'm excited though that you get to call a place a home.  I look forward to that date. 

@laurenmicheley I'm so sorry about your mom.  This is such a difficult time...with so many topics to avoid.  I have a laundry list to avoid with my folks.  It makes it so hard.  Many hugs to you.  I'm DYING for my A/S.  I cannot really wrap my head around the fact we're close to halfway done!  I can't wait to snuggle this little lady (who's name might just be Paige after all).  I completely empathize on the lack of people.  It's driving me CRAZY.

GTKY: What is your favorite book?  Goodness this is hard.  I love reading but have had difficulty of late either making time to read (seriously dinner comes every day......) or I end up getting frustrated with writing style (I don't want to read four chapters to really get into a book these days).  I downloaded a copy of the Expecting Better.  The book I really want/need to read is "This Isn't What I Expected" to help with postpartum depression/anxiety.  The book I'm a chapter into is "The Overdue Life of Amy Byler" and am enjoying that.  The last book I read was "Where the Crawdads Sing".  I really enjoyed that.
  • @bserena I loved The Silent Patient as well! Great read!
  • @name1109 Appreciate the sympathy! I also cannot believe we're almost halfway there! My a/s got moved up to tomorrow since the office is now open 5 days because of Phase 1 reopening. Excited and a little nervous for it - I'm really sad DH isn't allowed to come, but I will FaceTime him. FX everything goes well.