December 2020 Moms

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• Loading the player...
  • @KateBee ahhh!! So cute! Did they confirm it was a girl at the NT?
  • KateBeeKateBee member
    boymom518 said:
    @KateBee ahhh!! So cute! Did they confirm it was a girl at the NT?
    It’s a girl! We found out a few weeks ago with our NIPT results.
  • @feather_heather Whoa that’s amazing!!!! Looks like a shy little one 😊
  • I have my first ultrasound coming up on Monday and the closer I get to my appointment the less excited I get and the more anxious I become. I’m so nervous and scared and don’t want to hear any bad news. I’m just hoping all will be ok in there or something will actually be growing in there. Did anyone else feel this way about there u/s? 
  • @mindyb2019 that is completely normal! Personally,  i'm more anxious than excited until I get all the test results back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @mindyb2019 yes, it’s all I could think about and I was in the worst funk until that moment. 
  • Thanks ladies. It’s nice to know I’m not alone feeling this way. I just want this ultrasound over with tomorrow so I can actually relax and breathe. It’s all I think about now and i’m over thinking every little symptom or lack there of today. 😖 
  • @mindyb2019 Yep, I also fear the worst right up until I see that little one squirming around and then it all fades away. Totally normal! Hope it all goes really great!
  • Quick question, did any of you happen to get your ultrasound your first appointment or is that more of a second appointment thing? I’ll be 13 weeks my first appointment (earlier I could get) and I was curious. Not my first baby but my first appointment with #1 was even further than this! (My periods are super irregular so had no idea)
  • @nolsol11 Hm, if you’re 13 weeks and haven’t had one yet, I’d assume they’d do one at your appointment if only to make sure they have the right due date, but I’m finding every doctor is different.

I personally have had them every time I’ve gone in so far (last time was the only time they weren’t planning on it, they were going to just use the Doppler but couldn’t find the baby so they used the us instead).
  • @elmich3 They have been unsuccessful at finding a heartbeat with a Doppler at 12 weeks in both of my pregnancies... This time I warned my provider and asked what would happen if they couldn't hear it, and my provider kind of shrugged and told me they would definitely be able to hear it... 10 minutes later an emergency ultrasound. 😳
  • @nolsol11 Wow! What a great picture! 🙂
  • andhinaandhina member
    edited June 2020
    Removed for TOU violation