Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Am I a bad mom if .....

Am I a bad mom if I let my baby sleep for long periods of time in his pack n' play, instead of his crib? My husband and I both have odd hours, and we often fall asleep on the couch at night. We have been together 10 years, and this has become pretty routine. Since our little guy (first baby) arrived in February we have been trying to make it a habit to place him in his crib, we did great at first, then over time we began doing not so great. We typically make it upstairs to the crib/ bed 3-4 nights a week, but crash on the couch the remaining nights. When we sleep on the couch our little guy goes into his pack n' play over night. At first I didn't think anything of it, but as it started happening more often I started to wonder if I was doing the right thing. He sleeps through the night for 8-10 hours and is in the pack n' play that whole time. ??

Re: Am I a bad mom if .....

• Options
    Mushmello said:
    Am I a bad mom if I let my baby sleep for long periods of time in his pack n' play, instead of his crib? My husband and I both have odd hours, and we often fall asleep on the couch at night. We have been together 10 years, and this has become pretty routine. Since our little guy (first baby) arrived in February we have been trying to make it a habit to place him in his crib, we did great at first, then over time we began doing not so great. We typically make it upstairs to the crib/ bed 3-4 nights a week, but crash on the couch the remaining nights. When we sleep on the couch our little guy goes into his pack n' play over night. At first I didn't think anything of it, but as it started happening more often I started to wonder if I was doing the right thing. He sleeps through the night for 8-10 hours and is in the pack n' play that whole time. ??
    No? I'm not sure why you'd think that's a bad thing. Lots of people use pack n' plays exclusively for sleeping. It's been my 15-month-old's bed since she stopped being in a bassinet. 
  • Options
    MushmelloMushmello member
    edited May 2020
    coldlife2 said:
    Mushmello said:
    No? I'm not sure why you'd think that's a bad thing. Lots of people use pack n' plays exclusively for sleeping. It's been my 15-month-old's bed since she stopped being in a bassinet. 

Thank you for that answer, that makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one doing this.
    I didn't think much of it at first, but I always worry that I'm not good enough for my little guy.  My brothers girlfriend thinks she is mom of the year, and often says things to make me feel bad about how I am raising my son.  A lot of it stems from insecurities of my own, but I've worried about my parenting skills long before I was even pregnant.  
    Thank you for replying, and for reassuring me that I'm not failing yet.