December 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 5.11 - 5.15

What's our random thoughts this week?
DS born 2016

Re: Weekly Randoms - 5.11 - 5.15

• Options
    Ok so this is out of my comfort zone asking - but here goes...
    Is anyone else having sex that is uncomfortable? Even though this is my 3rd pregnancy, this is our first time having sex while pregnant (I know...)
    I read that your uterus is lower and that could be why? It definitely feels like an uncomfortable pressure and I'm not sure what to think about it. My first OB visit isn't until 6/1 so I'm left to Google in the meantime. It doesn't really seem like something I should call and ask the nurse about because I'm not having any spotting after. Just curious if this has been experienced by anyone else?
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 We haven’t done the deed yet so I can’t comment 😬
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @JBcakes08 I would say it definitely feels different. I wouldn’t worry about it or google bc google has made me feel so worried while pregnant with my first. If it feels too uncomfortable maybe wait until your appointment to have sex again and ask while you are there to get the ok if it worries you too much. 
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 A little bit. My DH and I have had sex a few times now since being pregnant and I have to agree with that. When we DTD and we just did yesterday morning it felt different for some reason. It doesnt hurt and is not painful but it just kinda feels weird like some mild pressure. I dont really worry about it as I'm not spotting afterwards or anything like that and will continue to try to see if it gets better or goes away. 

• Options
    @JBcakes08 we haven’t yet this pregnancy but I remember last time it felt different and my OB told me it was probably because of all the new blood flow to that area. 
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    Just a friendly reminder to moms of toddlers - a quiet toddler is probably up to no good.  Evidence:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @karmba oh no! What is that? I hope it’s washable marker. 
  • Options
    @karmba nothing good comes from a quiet toddler!
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    karmbakarmba member
    @mrspants0809 it was an orange crayon - we used our carpet cleaner and got most of it up, but it's still stuck in the crease of the step where we couldn't reach.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Options
    @mrspants0809 @mindyb2019 that makes me feel better! It didn't *hurt* but it wasn't great, it felt like it was hitting something if that makes sense. I was definitely grimacing and thankful that the lights were out!  :# That was the second time it felt weird, I thought after the first time it was a fluke. 

@conni0205 thanks! I'm going to tell my husband how I feel about it and wait until my appointment to talk to my OB to do it again.

@bearmomma1 no worries, like I said, this is the first time we've ever done it while I was pregnant. So, I totally get it. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Options
    @tryingktogku same, I think we do it more when I'm pregnant  :D
  • Options
    Just got a same day Whole Foods delivery spot and they only needed 1 substitution! I haven’t even bothered to try delivery for the past 2 months and I just randomly tried today. Woohoo! 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @JBcakes08 we have once (as far as penetrative sex), but between my depression coming back and all our stress over this stupid unemployment situation here in Florida. That being said, it felt amazing. I was doing some reading about pregnancy sex and basically, normal rules still apply. If it hurts, try something else. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    @karmba , you can get crayon out with an iron and a towel/paper towel/just paper. The heat should melt the crayon and the towel/paper towel/paper wicks up the pigmented wax. I've had the best success with a piece of parchment paper between the iron and the paper towel, changing out the paper towel until the wax is all gone. Also, if the iron is on it's hottest setting,  you can end up with a fire, so stick to as low as is capable of melting the wax (varies by brand of crayon).
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    @sejica thanks for the tip!  DH ran over the spot with the carpet cleaner a second time and that took care of it.  If he ever colors any furniture, I'll use an iron on it.

I just found out the Black Keys cancelled their summer tour - so all of the shows we had tickets for have cancelled.  It's a bummer but I'm also glad I'm not going to be at an outdoor venue 4 or 5 months pregnant.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Options
    @karmba Aw what a bummer! I love the Black Keys, but I can’t imagine a crowd of that many even later in the summer. I have tickets to the Lumineers in August - my favorite band! - but I’m just waiting until they announce the inevitable. I’ve been waiting to see them forever but I know we’ll get another chance when it will be more enjoyable.
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    @laurenspdx I'm disappointed but also relieved.  It's nice to have it cancelled early and not stress about whether or not to go in a few months.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Options
    I think my husband is preparing for life with a newborn.  I get up, go to the bathroom, eat something, and go right back to bed.  Two hours later we repeat.  I was like this pattern sounds familiar.  
  • Options
    I have a second round interview next week and I’m already stressing about whether to tell them I’m pregnant or not. I don’t like the idea of keeping it from them but 1. I have a history of loss and haven’t had an ultrasound yet, 2. I don’t know if it’s stupid to be honest if they won’t hire me because of pregnancy, 3. I’m the only one working and what if I tell them I’m pregnant and then they let me go? I know that’s illegal but Oregon is a state where they can let you go for whatever they want and I’m sure there are loopholes, 4. All of that makes me so stressed that I want to tell them which brings me back to #2. Help!?
  • Options
    @antera23 if it’s a job you absolutely want, I wouldn’t mention it. I’m in an at-will state, too, so I absolutely understand that hesitation. And even if they don’t say it was pregnancy related, they could still let you go. My best friend had that happen to her when she had her first. She ended up taking them to court, since she’d already been working there over a year. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @antera23 I wouldn’t mention it. You have no legal obligation to! Heck you could keep it from any employer as long as you wanted really you just need to give them a few months before you give birth lol 
  • Options
    maisasmaisas member
    I guess this is the thread I would use...but I have a question.

Are there any momma's that have and/or are going to use cloth diapers? 

Pros/Cons for those that have?

I'm nervous the poop is really gunna freak me out (FTM) but also maybe .. assuming that aversion will go away once it's MY baby and I have to?
  • Options
    @maisas I use CD! There's SO many options so I can only speak to what I used. If your baby is fed only or mostly breast-milk, the poop dissolves in the water. Eventually you will probably want a toilet sprayer (solids) so you can always do that too for poop if it really bugs you out. I used a toilet sprayer shield to make sure it only went where it was supposed to. It honestly became normal so fast. DH had no issue partaking. I used the bum genius freetime all in one. Still have them from DS and will use again with this one. It was all easy, I have enough diapers for 3 days, waterproof diaper bag right on the changing table. Dirty diaper in the bag and zip. When the bag was full I would dump it out and put the bag inside out right into the washer. One light cycle just to rinse, then add the rock n green hard soap and do a heavy wash. I had an accordion drying rack to hang overnight and by morning they were dry. If you're good at staying on top of things and routines (and you have a washer) you'll never run out of diapers. My guy also NEVER had a diaper rash and potty trained at just over 2 years old. 
  • Options
    We cloth diapered the twins till almost two before shifting to disposable trainers. When they starting running I started having trouble with some rubbing on certain areas of the twins. I readjusted everything I could think of but couldn’t find a configuration that didn’t rub raw in certain spots on the twins, especially our son. Overall we loved them! We had no diaper rash the whole time and while the initial outlay was expensive I bought them 4 or 5 at a time on sale throughout the pregnancy. I’ll be cloth diapering this one also. I bought most of mine through a seller with a home business here in the states. Ours were the insert kind.
  • Options
    @stella_700 I used a similar strategy to build my stash. My local BBB sold them so every time I got a 5/15 coupon I would buy one. If they went on clearance I would buy as many as they had. I think I spent maybe $300 on my entire stash! 
  • Options
    We saved a ton of money doing the cd! 8-10 diapers per day per baby, it boggles the mind! I ended up with doing wash every two days early on. 
  • Options
    @maisas My partner used G Diapers with his first kids and raved about them so we’ll likely give them a try. They’re like a hybrid version with a flushable liner.
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    I never tried disposable diapers but its something I might consider this time around! Especially with a flushable liner that you mentioned @laurenspdx!

I had to close out my classroom today. It was not the normal celebration time for the end of they year. It honestly sucked. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 :( I saw a picture today of a girl who wore her senior graduation dress to clean out her locker. I cried thinking back to how magical that time was with senior prom and graduating high school and was so sad thinking about those who don’t get to have that same experience. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    I had some bloodwork done today for my varicose veins problem that I had posted about in the “May Symptoms” thread. The test they did was a D-Dimer to see if I have blood clots in my leg. The normal range for that test is supposed to be less than 500. Mine came back at 1715. 😮 Really High. My doctor called me back and said he wants me to go get an ultrasound done on my leg to see if there is any clots they need to be aware of to be safe since my results were so high. I go this Friday for the u/s. I sure hope everything will be ok. I’m worried. I’m pretty sure you can’t go on blood thinners if your pregnant so 🤷‍♀️ I’m scared I’ll have the Deep Vein Thrombosis or the pulmonary embolism which wouldn’t be good. I’m not sure what they will do if they find clots in my veins in my leg. 
  • Options
    gh1219gh1219 member
    @mindyb2019 I'm so sorry you're going through all that!!  If there is a clot and your doctor wants to treat it, there are blood thinners that are safe during pregnancy.  I'm sending you all my positive thoughts and hope that it's not a clot, but I just don't want you to worry that it couldn't be treated if it is.
  • Options
    @gh1219 thank you soo much. That makes me feel better that its treatable if there is a clot. I hope it's not a clot either but at this rate I dont hold much hope for anything. I didn't know there was any blood thinners that are safe during pregnancy. good to know. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I am on blood thinners currently - I’m on the generic of Lovenox. I have to do sub-cutaneous stomach shot 2x a day. They sound scary but aren’t too bad once you get used to them. 

Clots (if you have them) can be painful but being on the thinners will eventually allow your body to absorb the clot. I had multiple PEs in both of my lungs 10ish years ago (why I’m on the thinners along with having a clotting disorder). Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you don’t have clots but please don’t be scared about the blood thinner aspect. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 sorry you're going through this. Let us know how it goes on Friday
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    We got told today that education budget cuts are coming and although we were renewed, we can be cut in August. I’m not tenured yet and my scores are good and I’ve had letters from parents but I’m terrified. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    @mindyb2019 Good luck! I hope everything turns out ok!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 ugh that's the worst feeling. I have two friends who are college professors who have both been furloughed for low enrollment. We're all worried about what September will look like that's for sure. 
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    @willashbaby Definitely! And I finally was able to pay into maternity leave through a separate company so I’d get 100% for leave but I loose it and would only get unemployment which isn’t nearly as much. 
    DS born 2016