September 2020 Moms
Options

May Randoms

13»

Re: May Randoms

• Options
    Thank you, I do feel relieved with your reassurances 😌 like she's been a bit active today, mostly right after I ate my dinner, but overall a bit quiet. 

I'm excited about the private group! I'll probably get joined into it on Friday or something when I have free time. 
    Last night for dinner, I forgot my lunch bag at home so I ordered in this Italian restaurant called Zios through Postmates and it literally made my entire week. Photos under the spoiler! I was not expecting them to include a bread loaf and their spice oil dip and it made me squeal very loudly in the cafeteria lol.

• Options
    @raesky1111 as the other ladies said- my 20 month DS who is 25 pounds has sat on my belly, started to bounce while sitting, kicked and smacked my belly. Obviously we try to avoid that happening but he’s a toddler boy. He also gives baby Bump kisses snuggles and nice little pats which is the sweetest but yeah thank God baby boy is protected in there! (Just saw him yesterday and he is completely fine!) always call doctor with any concerns that bother you but try not to worry too much they are durable little fighters haha 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @raesky1111 DS likes to flop on my belly pretty regularly and with no warning lol. Baby is really well protected with at least 4 layers between baby and the outside so while it's hard not to worry there's really no reason to.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @raesky1111 my nephew literally kicked me in my last pregnancy and I was worried and called my doctor, but she assured me baby was well secure and surrounded and would be ok.
  • Options
    @raesky1111 Same as others have said baby is well cushioned thank goodness! My nearly 40lb 3yo has flopped on my stomach and leaned in with an elbow so many times. My cats walk across me frequently as well. Also Italian sounds delicious! Yum!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @itsmehere1212 I was sad but I tried not making him feel too bad! Omg I would've been so upset if they forgot the fries because fries are life haha! H was nice and went to the store later and got me some bacon. I had 8 slices and probably could've had more if I didn't stop myself!
    @raesky1111 I would have been worried too! my dogs sometimes still jump up on me when i'm standing and my one tries to walk/lay on me still (she doesn't realize shes over 60 lbs lol). I'm sure baby is okay! The amniotic fluid and all your stomach muscles help cushion her. My midwife said there has to be some pretty intense blunt trauma to cause significant damage. Now I just either lay on my side or make sure i'm covering my stomach after the last time my dog stepped on me. Also surprise bread is so exciting! Looks like it was good!
    @robyn2201 omg not getting your sauce is the worst!! I'm a serial bag checker because whenever I don't check the bag something is always missing. I get it because I work in food service but it's still disappointing for sure! a week ago H and I went to taco bell and we didn't check the bag and halfway down the road he looked in the bag and his quesadilla and my chips were missing. It was such a pain to turn around and go back. And of course when we got home I realized the sauce wasn't in the bag either. I was like really!
  • Options
    I found out today that I will continue working remotely until I going on maternity leave. Although it’s safest and I thought it might happen, it still felt sad. Depending on when the state begins reopening and when childcare opens again the other employees at the university maybe returning as early as June 1st. Does anyone else that has been transitioned to WFH know when they will return to in-person?
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher nothing is set in stone here, but I just found out today that I will likely not be returning to the office until September. This means maaaaaybe a few weeks there before I give birth. I'm bummed too. It's possible I'll be able to go back slightly earlier, but preschool is closed AT LEAST until mid-August so that's about the earliest I'd be able to anyway. 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher my sister was moved to WFH she works within the local hospital system. She is due in July and will be at home until baby comes. At this hospital system they are saying that her specific group will return most likely in August or when the offices go back to working at 80% of what they were before. Right now she is also furloughed 50% of the time. Sounds like it won’t have a ton of effect on her maternity leave.