TTC after 35

TTCA35 monthly check-in April

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY: How is your life different from this time last year?
BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: TTCA35 monthly check-in April

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 5

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): bbt, cm, and co charting, seed cycling, opks

Rants/Raves: had to go to the grocery today for the first time in 2 weeks and with per-item restrictions ended up having to go to 3 places to get what I need to make it another 2 weeks. Hubs keeps adding to our project list, rather than reducing. He got mulch delivered today and we started our garden Tuesday.

Questions for the group: Not so much a question as a statement, but I changed the weekly check-in (which I wasn't keeping up with) to a monthly. Maybe that isn't often enough to restart this board, but it's all I can manage solo.

GTKY: How is your life different from this time last year? Honestly I feel like I'm on another planet, not just in another year. I'm cooking waaaaaay more and cleaning way more, because I'm home all.the.time.
  • Hi! I really don't know if I belong in this group yet, but since it's not too active I figure it's safe to just check in and say hello.

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  IUD scheduled for removal in early May (as long as COVID-19 doesn't change that)

Rants/Raves:  I just feel so conflicted because of the pandemic and my age (turning 37 in June), but I also just have this STRONG desire to add one more to the family.  Our son is 3 and we had been planning on this timeline and scheduled my IUD removal BEFORE all of this.  And I'm going stir-crazy.  But I absolutely am LOVING the extra time I've been able to spend with my son.  I've always worked a ton so this break has been both good and bad for me.

Questions for the group:  None really, I'm mostly just popping in!  If there's even the smallest activity I'll try to be active here.  

GTKY: How is your life different from this time last year?  Oh man it's night and day different!  Last year my husband was still finishing up barber school and not working, so I was the sole income.  AND I didn't think I'd EVER be ready to have another child.  This year I started to have that deep longing for one more, began the process of scheduling everything, and then the pandemic hit.  Now I'm the one home not working and my husband had to go back to his old job temporarily just to bring in SOMETHING. It's craziness out there.  

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @shlecka welcome! This global pamdemic is really shaking things up. I hope your stay here is brief after May.
  • Hi. So I am joining this group! My GTKY will be below..

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  DPO 7

What are you doing this cycle?: I added progesterone plus to my routine after ovulation

Rants/Raves: my close friend sent me her gender reveal this morning.... I'm trying to be a nice friend I really am.

Questions for the group: I spot from dpo 5 to when my period shows up and cramp the same time frame. I am always hopeful that it is implantation but after 4 months of trying it is just the same routine now. 

GTKY: So I'll try to keep this short. I am 36, divorced officially as of July 18th 2019 (asked for the divorce July 11th 2016).  I bought a house last year with my boyfriend. We have been trying to have a child for the past 4 months now. I had a daughter named Zoey, she was born Oct 2012 and passed away from brain cancer July 4th 2018. She fought for two years, hence why the delay in the divorce. I am finally ready to have another child. I always wanted two children but my ex refused to try for another one. Now, I am finally ready after her loss. So yea, that's the Low Down and Dirty of it. I am glad I am here. I haven't been on since she was born and our birth group moved to FB. So Hi! Glad to be here. I'm scared and nervous and feel old and that I'll have problems, but glad to be here none the less.

Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• @mrsdaggett hi! Welcome.  Such an incredible journey you've had. As you can tell, this board is pretty quiet. The trying to get pregnant board is active if youre looking for more interaction and has plenty of "old" women. 
  • shlecksshlecks member
    Hi! Ugh it’s so hard to keep up with these when there’s no true notification of activity! I am SO SO SORRY you went through that, I can’t even imagine. If you’re still around in a month or so I will be able to give more input about cycles and stuff. Or I may see you on the main TTGP board. Though it really intimidates me. ♥️♥️
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • shlecksshlecks member
    Now see, that was supposed to be a reply to @mrsdaggett and I failed. I feel like the mobile version is partially to blame. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • shlecksshlecks member
    I wanted to also update that I just got my IUD removed today so I will begin tracking from here on out. 😨 I’m scared and excited all at once.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • shlecksshlecks member
    And @sejica thank you so so much for trying to keep this board alive. Honestly if I had known you replied I would have been back instantly, but either I don’t know how to set my notifications or the mobile version sucks or both. Lol I would love to have more interaction with people my age. FOR REAL! Ok I’m going to set an alarm to check this page tomorrow so I don’t miss it if anyone replies. 😃
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • sejicasejica member
    @shlecka you're so sweet! Don't let ttgp intimidate you, they're lovely ladies over there. Maybe you could ask about starting an over 35 check in over there? I haven't evej posted a May check in here because I'm actually just lurking and it doesn't make sense to start one that I wont participate in.

******TW*******

I've moved to bmb Dec 2020, hopefully this one sticks and I'm not back here 'til dec 2021.

• shlecksshlecks member
    @sejica !!!!  sooo many fingers crossed for you!  I'll probably hop over to TTGP and give it a whirl.  Thanks so much for the support!
    IAmPregnant Ticker