Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 4/30

Re: UO Thursday 4/30

• I’m team mental health is just as important as physical health. As a result I believe we need to start reopening things (safely but we need to start). Too many vulnerable people are being isolated and I’m very concerned about the rate of suicides we are going to see if businesses can not operate, financial stress, isolation are not improved.  Not only that but I worry about kids and partners that have abusive family members that can’t go anywhere as an escape. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @stillcozy I feel like no matter how you do it, it's not going to be satisfactory enough for people. The reopen won't be fast enough, or why does X type of store get to reopen but not Y type of store. People are going to be mad about the wait times at restaurants because they have to close off so many tables to keep social distancing. 
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Mental health is important but death is worse. Even with the quarantine, we still have 50k+ people actually dead and without it, who knows what that number would be. Suicide and domestic abuse is terrifying and is happening but the alternative to quarantine is worse.  
  • Look up the reopening of Wuhan. It’s not at all what the government thought it would be. People are scared to go out. Business is not booming. We think we *may* know the answers, but we are living through a time totally unpredictable. There  is no telling how people will respond to anything that is decided going forward. 
  • @keikilove yeah who knows about businesses.... But I know outdoor places will be flooded with people. I heard that's an issue in CA right now. Beaches overrun with people.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Yeah, the outdoor spaces is a weird issue. Our parks are closed but our beaches are open for exercise only. Our beaches aren’t crowded at all. People go to run, walk, surf, swim, or fish. Then they leave. Police are patrolling & ticketing those who “loiter”/lounge around on towels/stay still. But interestingly, we haven’t had any issues with crowds or breaking the rules. I just wish they’d open the parks so people could exercise there too. It’s the easiest place to keep distance too. Some of these decisions are hard to understand. 
  • I think the mental health/physical health thing is a false dichotomy. First of all we are one of the wealthiest countries in the world, so it is absurd that people can't be safe/healthy in their own homes (I mean obviously most people are not enjoying/thriving being stuck at home, but everyone in this country should have access to way better mental health care and social services, and the wealth gap shouldn't be such that some people are quarantining in one of their several multimillion dollar homes and others are in unbearable living conditions). I know we are where we are for this pandemic but we shouldn't have to be considering prematurely lifting stay at home orders for those types of reasons. It really pisses me off.

But also I do not think (even more) mass casualties will be good for overall mental health, so the notion that if we reopen more (mostly older and immunocompromised) people will die from Covid but everyone else will be hunky dory just doesn't ring true to me.  
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Literally shared my UO because that is what it is an UO as I’m struggling for with my own mental health because of this crap aka Covid while trying to keep others sane. But hey thanks for jumping on me the rest of you also piglets who even are you?  Thought this was a safe place to share my own sadness but clearly not. ✌️

• @piglitts I don’t give a crap about the opinion of a lurker who has posted a total of 3 times one of which being to tell me off. When have you ever offered support to me or anyone in this community since you intro’d in January? But you want to get on a soapbox and call me out? Wow sad... maybe try offering some real support to the group instead. It would be a better use of your time.

• @legallykate yeah there is so much wrong with your statement. I have many clients who had to stop therapy because they do not have internet in their homes and places they used it get it for free are closed. Just because something shouldn’t be that way doesn’t mean it isn’t the case because it is. Im not allowed to see clients in person. Nor am I allowed to do phone calls. That isn’t me being heartless that is the  department of human services call.