August 2020 Moms
Options

Baking, Cooking, Sewing, Crafts, Etc April

2»

Re: Baking, Cooking, Sewing, Crafts, Etc April

• Options
    Oh that's awesome! @whl1013 we honeymooned in Maine, too 😊 I discovered them when I was in school in NE, and maybe only one other time did I see them in the frozen foods section somewhere?  But I never really harvested them myself, until now.  We have a tonne of them surrounding the house here, tho.  It's great!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I've wanted to try these for ages, they look great. Are they a specific type of fern?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cornichonmam It's the ostrich fern, I believe.  But DH read something that said there are really no toxic fiddleheads.  You just have to know what to look for and catch them very early, too!  That's the kicker, because by the time they unfurls,  it's too late.

@RedBaramid those look awesome! WTG mama
  • Options
    @RedBaramid Awesome job! I still don't have a mask for myself at all. That's how much I've left the house. 😬😂
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Thanks, now I just need to try and find some that I might consider eating in the city.
  • Options
    kimberlyevankimberlyevan member
    edited April 2020
    @hypermusic those sugar cookies are amazing!!!! Made them last night and they won’t last long for sure!
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 They look great. We don't have to wear them (yet), but I've got a pattern and instructions for this style saved in case I need to make some. Also what are you using for a filter?

• Options
    @cornichonmam I know I'm not Ziggy but we have used those Blue Shop towels as filters in ours per my mom's suggestion. I give her credit for the solid advice as the family nurse. I imagine there may be better out there but that's what she's suggested. We don't use it for simple runs like curb side pick up orders, but if anyone is going into a store or when I go to the OB office, we use an insert. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @cornichonmam I use a thick flannel-like material that I have on hand.  I've seen many videos suggesting the blue shop towels like red said, but I don't have any.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 I love the fabric! 
  • Options
    coldlife2coldlife2 member
    edited April 2020
    Lol, I've made so much banana bread! The store I typically shop at has an area for discounted overripe, bruised, etc. fruit, and the last couple weeks, they've had lots of overripe bananas. So I bought a lot and then more the next time I went. I've made four loaves, and I have enough left for at least four or five more. I'll make more and freeze the bread or peel and freeze the bananas once they're even more overripe. 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife awe, that is so sweet! I’m so glad you were able to share that with your daughter and make the best of the day! I hope they turned out ok!! 🥰

@coldlife2 I love bananas. I have always had one-two a day lol so keeping them around to get over-ripe is a tricky thing for me lol my grocery store also sells over ripe bananas but since this quarantine happened- they’ve been out! And their regular bananas are so green! My banana buying game is crazy, couple bunches at a time! Which is how I ended up with over ripe bananas for baking! 

@RedBaramid that pound cake looks AmAzInG! I’m 1000% making it in the very near future! I just need to stock up on flour and get the proper cake pan! 😂 
  • Options
    @charhar0820 You didn't hear this from me... but if you're the kind of girl who loves a cup of hot tea or coffee in the morning... this cake is your morning soulmate. #breakfastgoals
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 @RedBaramid Thanks, that's what I was thinking of using.

@charhar0820 I want banana bread now. All I have to do is stop my toddler from eating all the bananas, he would eat three a day at least if I let him.  :/
  • Options
    @charhar0820, I don't like bananas, but everyone else in my familydoes! They never last long enough to get overripe, which is why I'm so happy there's been lots of discount ones lately.