December 2020 Moms
Options

Is anyone having their first child in December?

2»

Re: Is anyone having their first child in December?

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Hello! First pregnancy, DD is dec 17th! I had a miscarriage in dec2019/jan2020 and with that pregnancy I had lots of nausea (throwing up every single meal) and then when I miscarried, I bled for an entire 4 weeks. It was a horrible experience :(. I found out about this pregnancy at 4 weeks (I am now 6 week) and I am really excited but pretty scared to be honest. I know you’re supposed to be optimistic but it’s so scary. I don’t want anything to happen to this baby. I had bloodwork done today and I have my first appointment with my doctor next Thursday (30th). With this pregnancy i haven’t had too many extreme symptoms which is scary... no morning sickness or headaches. Just some dizziness and every once and a while my stomach will be a little bit unsettled. I have been testing every few days and my test lines are way darker than my control lines so I’m hoping that’s a good thing. 
  • Options
    @Knottie1442790108 I'm so sorry about your loss, that sounds so difficult. There's a PGAL board, where you can talk with other women who are in the same position. I also lost my first pregnancy in December, so understand your fear. If it helps, my pregnancy symptoms last time (and so far this is feeling similar) were very slight, I really only notice them because I'm being super aware of anything different. Even though that pregnancy didn't work out, it was completely unrelated to my lack of symptoms.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dancingtreepose my MIL started giving us baby stuff before we were married. 🙄 I'm thankful now as we are in our first pregnancy and have 2 coming. However, now I am in a mood to sort and fold EVERYTHING while battling extreme tiredness and all day morning sickness. I have started buying diapers/wipes and other misc items when I get groceries
  • Options
    @mrsdellerman prayers for a happy and healthy pregnancy. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @akoros Similar story, I lost a pregnancy in December and my new due date is a week after that anniversary. 
    @Knottie1442790108 So sorry you went through that!  It's awful. 

Hoping we all have happy and healthy pregnancies!
  • Options
    As someone with a pcos diagnosis I thought it may take years of different treatments to get pregnant. We were lightheartedly trying for awhile and just got really serious about it, and boom! Not exactly the timing we had in mind, but we are due December 15th and already had a first ultrasound to confirm how far along I was since we weren’t positive. So far it’s a lot of fatigue and some days starving and other days zero appetite with some queasiness. Very nervous but excited. I’m a first time mom, with very little baby experience. 
  • Options
    I am also due around Dec 15th! Also first time and have very little baby experience. It will be interesting for sure. We had planned to be married by now but with the quarantine that all got through to the wind. So far, just really really tired and every smell makes me nauseous.
  • Options
    @laurenb66 hey Lauren. Congrats on your new bundle of joy being knitted together in your womb. So exciting!
    I'll be 8 weeks on Saturday and have been feeling morning sickness for probably about 4 weeks. Other than being extra tired, super watery mouth, tender breasts and nausea those are the biggest things. 
    How far along are you?
    I think everyone is different, some women don't even have morning sickness..lucky ladies. 

• Options
    @knottie38975c41868a1b5b oh my!!! Hiw exciting. What was the process like? Were you able to see anything? I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday next week and feeling a little anxious. I'd love to hear how your experience was!

• Options
    @tombosmom how exciting! Congrats. I'm a first time momma too and me EDD is Dec 12th so I hear you on the excitement of it all!! Oh man, my first prenatal is next week Monday and my first ultrasound is Tuesday. Felt like forever waiting but super looking forward to it. Excited to hear how it all goes!