August 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/13

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/13

• @coldlife2 yeah our budget is also going to be a lot tighter now. Even if you don’t buy from the dealer, you can still test drive through them to narrow down what you want. I think we will do that, then buy something lightly used. I haven’t car shopped in a very long time, so I want to try out a few options before we commit to anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @coldlife2 I have a lot of guilt because my career brought in good money, even when I was part time. But my husband and I agree that I’m most valuable at home with our kids at this point in our (and their) life. 
  • @cornichonmam yes I think that’s an option here! My car is pretty old though so I’m very out of touch with the whole car buying process. The car I have now was pre-owned but very low mileage so it was practically new, and given how long it’s held up that worked out well. It’s just gonna suck to have a car payment again. 
  • @riatortillaxo @kgrgreen the weather significantly affects my mood! When it was nice I was like ok we could do this quarantine thing forever, no big deal! Now that it is snowing and cold I already have no idea if i can survive the day when its only 7AM haha 
  • @riatortillaxo the weather is so obnoxious right now! Last week it was 70, this week I woke up to frost on the ground... being at home is more enjoyable when you can at least sit in the backyard for a while! I’ve been pretty good about limiting online shopping but definitely doing more than normal. I think we’re going to pull the trigger on some baby furniture here soon and then I’m sure I’ll start ordering alllllll the baby things 
  • My Carter’s order shipped last week and it’s still not here so I looked up tracking... shipping is taking 12 days! That’s in addition to the 10 days it took from when I placed the order. My kid is going to outgrow these clothes by the time they get here. And I don’t even remember what I ordered anymore lol. 
  • Ugh, I'm so annoyed. I found out yesterday that a relative who is newly expecting her first was planning an OOH birth but got nervous because people started telling her horror stories about births gone wrong. So now she's planning a hospital birth (and has already had one negative experience at her first appointment!) Which, fine, if that's what you want. But I am so annoyed at people who do that sort of thing. Scaring pregnant women with horror stories is not ok. Trashing OOH births, which are just as safe as hospital births for low-risk women, is not ok. 

Goodness knows I could tell horror stories of births gone wrong in a hospital and people nearly dying because of their doctor's ineptitude, but I won't.

I've met these particular people and they seem nice, but they better not pull that crap with me because I WILL push back if they start going on about how "unsafe" OOH births are. 

I'm just so angry and can't stop thinking about it since I found out.