June 2020 Moms

April Randoms!

2»

Re: April Randoms!

• I got my knix bra in and it’s super comfortable and supportive! A bit pricey but I figure it’s an investment since I plan to nurse for quite a while. The first one I got was too small, but getting a new one was really fast and easy (they told me to keep/donate the one that didn’t fit and express shipped a new one!)
  • @bbluemoo do they have a website you ordered it from? My chest is dying and I can only find underwire nursing bras with minimal support or the stretchy bralette variety with no support. I am already in an F/DDD which makes it hard too. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @bbluemoo do they have a website you ordered it from? My chest is dying and I can only find underwire nursing bras with minimal support or the stretchy bralette variety with no support. I am already in an F/DDD which makes it hard too. 
    I've had really good luck with Dairy Fairy, Bravado maternity (but only the more structured ones online on their website - not the flimsy stuff they have at Target/Kohl's), and heard great things about Cake maternity too. I'm a 32H and have real problems finding stuff for large cups but small bands. Just some ideas. Luckily right after birth the rib cage issues should subside pretty much immediately. At least mine always have.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I need decor help...I'm team green but want to hang something above Tres crib and the space I have is small, like 4 ft by 3ft. I feel like if I start to finally pull this space together I will feel more in control of this pregnancy/delivery. I found a local lady who does custom wood cutouts and while I was browsing baby registry stuff for crib bedding/decor I came across a cute little cloud and stars and it was called silver lining. So I was thinking instead of a monogram or art just having her do "our little silver lining" or "beautiful silver lining" or something like that in a fun font. Help me decide what it should say!!!
    Crib is white, the sheets i saw were white and grey stars,  mobile was a white cloud with gold stars. I was thinking black writing against the pale blue walls. Keeping it neutral so it won't clash with boy or girl. Plus for my son, his was all space and astronauts and my daughter was all really bright colorful flowers.  Attached is an example of her cutouts.
  • @kakesworld- Dream big, little one?
  • @kakesworld what about doing goodnight moon
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @horsesmeetbaby it’s just knix.com
    Their washable nursing pads are a good thickness too. I plan on buying some of their leakproof underwear too. I had wanted some for periods before but I think it’ll be nice to have postpartum
  • @horsesmeetbaby I found this really great shop...breakout bras...they have a online store too. I got 4 bras from them and wear a 34M in US sizes 34J in the UK sizes so it is insanely hard to find bras.  I got a bravado bra that looks.like a sports bra, a front closure sleep bra, another bra that I cant remember the brand currently, and an elomi regular bra.  They also said that by the time I deliver elomi should have released their new structured nursing bra that I am very excited about.  
  • edited April 2020
    Not sure if someone had already posted about this somewhere, but how are you all feeling about having visitors after baby arrives during all of this? 

Just got off the phone with my MIL. 
    She was blabbing on and on about how she’s not going anywhere right now so she can see the baby when he is born....I gave her a bit of a rude awakening that if this is still going on come early June, she’s not coming over...For awhile. Possibly weeks...even months if this gets worse? Baby has no immunity to anything and the last thing I need is for him to catch something during this. She got a bit defensive and ended up saying it’s my choice. 

How do you feel? 
  • @humblebumble123 I'm having a really hard time with how to treat grandparent visits as well.  We are in NJ, so it's a hotspot here and I think it will still be bad when baby is born.  I *think* what we will end up doing is letting grandparents come over to see baby, but we will stay outside, they need to wear masks, and no holding the baby.  Hopefully they will be understanding, but it's ultimately our decision as parents! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @humblebumble123 we basically told everyone we don't plan to have visitors until late summer at the earliest. It's just not worth the risk in my opinion.
  • Not sure if someone had already posted about this somewhere, but how are you all feeling about having visitors after baby arrives during all of this? 

Just got off the phone with my MIL. 
    She was blabbing on and on about how she’s not going anywhere right now so she can see the baby when he is born....I gave her a bit of a rude awakening that if this is still going on come early June, she’s not coming over...For awhile. Possibly weeks...even months if this gets worse? Baby has no immunity to anything and the last thing I need is for him to catch something during this. She got a bit defensive and ended up saying it’s my choice. 

How do you feel? 
    My parents will be watching my older two when I go to deliver. We see them pretty regularly now (but only them and they only see us) as they watch the boys when I have an appointment and DH is working (from home) or I'll go over to use my mom's sewing room to make cloth masks, which at this point I think I'm over 100 made...at any rate, I told them they will not be able to see us or the baby for the first two weeks we are home because I'm worried about what WE will be exposed to in the hospital.  Either my boys will walk out of their house solo or they drop them off in my driveway, but then we go on quarantine. I'm not even considering anyone else seeing the baby while this all goes down and I won't apologize for that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I need a grandparent to come and watch my son while we are in hospital for a c section. I have no problem saying no visitors until this is a safer option. I am concerned about jealousy over the one grandparent seeing the baby and none of the others. My husbands family is pretty understanding but mine may make bitter comments. Oh well. Better hurt feelings than hurt baby.
  • @humblebumble123 I don’t think we’ll have visitors for 6-8 weeks after. Though a friend will be watching DD while I’m in labor (we have no family nearby). But it’s that or no DH!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @humblebumble123 I totally understand and would be doing the same. It is different for us though, like a few other mamas. We are doing a scheduled csect and have no one to watch my 2 oldest. My kids are going to my parents while we are gone. They have been doing the Texas stay at home order for weeks now, with the exception of grocery visits. I've given them both masks and hand sani. My mom is essential but working from home and my dad is retired. After the baby they'll continue to self distance so they can help us out but they'll be the only 2 allowed. They just are finishing up having a pool built so Im so thankful that we will have that small outlet for the kids. 
  • edited April 2020

Anyone else have their app update and now you can’t locate the Community section? 
    ETA: typo
  • I can't allow anyone to travel through an airport and then come here. That scares me so so so bad. 

My mom moved in with us for a couple of months (we're privileged to have her able to do this). If she couldn't move in precisely, we'd still have had her drive up from Florida and self-quarantine in a room in our house for 2 weeks first.

Granted, we're planning home birth. Plan is to have mom watch kids during that. If I end up transferring to hospital, depending on what our current hospital visitor policy is I'll have husband stay at home too and keep doula with me. Because right now I believe our hospitals locally are only allowing one visitor total during labor and postpartum and if they leave they can't return. I wouldn't want to have both parents stuck gone from kids for an extended time if I can avoid it. But that'll change minute to minute. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @humblebumble123 I am struggling with the decision to have our parents come when baby is born. We live 2.5 hours away from our hometown so if our parents came they would have to stay with us. It's really heart breaking to even have to consider them not being able to meet our baby for a while after he is born. I asked my NP at my last appointment and she seemed to think it will be fine come June. I am going to ask again at my next appointment on Thursday and probably keep asking and make a decision closer to when we will arrive.  I'm so nervousness because my parents are still working (retail and in a hospital). My FIL just started working from home. I'm not going to let one set of grandparents come and tell the other they can't.  
  • Im from ontario and my mom from BC but i am having her come.. im feel i cannot do it with out her. My husbands still working and i have 2 kids at home. I need the extra help to able to keep going and be the best mom i can be. I totally resepct everyones decission they make for there family. 
  • lo_clo_c member
    I am struggling with this. I have told my family and his family that we are not having any visitors and I've been dealing with comments from my family  that they want to come over and just be in the backyard and stay apart. It's like they just disregarded our wishes. 

I asked my husband in advance to bear the brunt of these conversations once the baby comes. It will break my heart and stress me out to have to have these confrontational conversations. But I just don't want to risk their health or the health of our baby. It's so sad though. 
  • @lo_c Its a shame people cannot just say okay, we understand. Especially during this time. I would hold firm to your wishes and tell your husband too. If we gather anything from this time, it should at keast be uninterrupted time with our babies!