June 2020 Moms

April appointments

My 28 week appointment is tomorrow.  And now it's a video conference appointment. 

Has anyone else's doctor cancelled or switched routine appointments to tele/video?

Re: April appointments

• First, how did we wind up in April already? 

I have an appointment on Monday I'll go in for.  They did change their policies to be just the patient could come. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @JessiBride my next appt is a follow up ultrasound in 3 weeks, which I’ll have to go to by myself. After that, pending that everything looks okay, my OB said as long as I get a blood pressure cuff and check it regularly, she is fine with me not coming for appts. I haven’t decided what I want to do yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my 28wk appt yesterday. I did get to go into the office but they called me before hand and made sure I knew to come alone, and checked if I had been sick or coughing or around anyone who was sick. And the office had signs up everywhere that no one else but patients are allowed inside. 

It went pretty well. Baby girl is healthy. My BP is remaining normal. They had me post pone my glucose testing from a few weeks ago but I am now scheduled to go for that as well as antibody testing for my rhogam shot in 2 weeks. And then next month a growth scan in the office at 34 wks. I assume that will be alone as well. My OB did say we would skip the 32 wk appt unless I have any issues. So it seems like they are trying to limit appts.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• I had two appointments on Monday, I guess that was still March.  They had me wait in my car until it was time to go in.  Appointments went well.  I met a new OB in the practice that I scheduled a tentative c section with. Considering the current circumstances, I wanted to be scheduled.  Then I had an ultrasound for the High Risk doctor, who was working on home.  Baby boy is growing well and measuring over 4 lbs, though I take measurements with a grain of salt.  He is still breech and considering I have not had a baby ever in the right position, I am just assuming he will stay that way. 
  • My 32 week appointment is on Tuesday. So far it's still on I just have to go alone which was the plan the whole time. 

On the 11th I have my 32 week growth ultrasound. I tried to get it the same day but they didnt have anything. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Drs office called me last week to remind me of my upcoming appointment on Wednesday. I’ll be 31 weeks and 5 days then. They said to come alone. No kids or spouse. My last apt was a month ago and since then I had my glucose test and winrho vaccine. After this my appointment they are supposed to be every 2 weeks. I’ll post what happens after that appointment. Things are changing by the day. Some hospitals in my area are not allowing anyone with you at all during labor and delivery or to visit after. Not at my hospital, but I’m terrified that they will also do that at my hospital. I can’t deal with that!!
  • My appointments are also supposed to be every two weeks now, but my OB scheduled my next one a month from the last so I didn't have to come in as much. They still allow someone to accompany you, but they check everyone's temperature at the door.
  • I had my appointment on Monday, which I had to go in for because I needed a growth ultrasound and a TDAP shot. They did specify no visitors. They did a COVID screening via a bot by text message the night before. The office had closed and consolidated with another OB office from the same health system on another floor of the same medical tower, everyone I encountered in the building from other patients to lobby security desk to people in the doctor’s office wore masks, and 50% wore gloves as well. The elevators were limited to five people per elevator to promote social distancing. At the office, on check in, they verbally did the same screening, and took temperature. My next two appointments at 32 weeks and 34 weeks will be via telemedicine, and then I’ll need to go in again at 36 weeks for the group B strep swab. It was all kind of surreal. My husband drove me so that I would not have to take public transportation and encounter too many people. It was the first time I had been anywhere indoors other than my own house since 3/12. 
  • I had my appointment on Monday, which I had to go in for because I needed a growth ultrasound and a TDAP shot. They did specify no visitors. They did a COVID screening via a bot by text message the night before. The office had closed and consolidated with another OB office from the same health system on another floor of the same medical tower, everyone I encountered in the building from other patients to lobby security desk to people in the doctor’s office wore masks, and 50% wore gloves as well. The elevators were limited to five people per elevator to promote social distancing. At the office, on check in, they verbally did the same screening, and took temperature. My next two appointments at 32 weeks and 34 weeks will be via telemedicine, and then I’ll need to go in again at 36 weeks for the group B strep swab. It was all kind of surreal. My husband drove me so that I would not have to take public transportation and encounter too many people. It was the first time I had been anywhere indoors other than my own house since 3/12. 

This is what my OB said my next several appointments would be like as well.  In person for TDAP for 30 weeks, but they'll screen me for Covid the night before and then video conference for 32 and 34.
  • @FigTreeMama. I'll be doing virtual appointments from here on out other too, other than my Group B Strep and one other one later on to check the position of the baby. When I went in last week, I was the only patient in the office and lab that entire morning. They said they had switched 95% of their appointments to video chat. I had to get my glucose test so I had to come in, but they had me wait in my car until they were ready to take my blood. I guess this is the new normal. 
  • Midwives office called and let me change my appointment to a phone appointment so I only have to go in once this week for my ultrasound on Saturday. I do have to go in at 36 weeks but I'm so happy to not have to go in twice this week. 
  • Venty McVenter post:

My appointments got shuffled too.  They went from less than 3 miles from my house to a 30+ min drive away and co-localized with the major hospital for our group. I tried to get them to move me to a different 30+ min drive away with NO hospital, but that wouldn't fly.  Next week's appt got pulled up to tomorrow (28.5 weeks), in the middle of my husband's mandatory work meeting -- so, that's going to be a cluster -- and then they scheduled for 32 and 36 weeks. But I don't see my own OB at any of these rescheduled appointments, and now they're not even sure he'll be the one to do my scheduled c-section. They wouldn't schedule my NSTs or any of the other "extra" appointments for my 'high risk pregnancy' so those will be catch-as-catch-can and probably the least convenient locations and times.

And the person who called me insisted I had to schedule a glucose test for tomorrow and threatened to mark my file as non compliant if I didn't let her.  I told her to go ahead and mark my file as non compliant, forward it to my OB and the diabetes educator I'm meeting with on Wednesday, and let them opine because I have over 100 days of compliance with the MNT/meds program so far and I don't think they'll want me to retest. GRR. 

So tomorrow, I have an OB appt with a doctor I've never met and then a growth scan at a totally different facility. So nobody's going to get their work hours done. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn - what a nightmare!!
  • Had my 32 week appointment today. My doctor’s office is moving to telehealth as much as possible but for prenatal appointments you need a blood pressure cuff and I don’t have one. Still, I didn’t see any other patients until I was leaving and they were screening everyone at the door.
    Anyway, heartbeat was good. I had trace amounts of protein in my urine but my blood pressure was perfect so the doctor thinks I just got a little dehydrated (I admittedly probably did not drink enough water yesterday). Since my pregnancy is low risk, they’re having me wait until 36 weeks for the next appointment, when they would usually have me back in 2 weeks. Just to minimize potential exposure.
  • @FigTreeMama that’s exactly how my experience is! I had a telemedicine  appt at 30 weeks and will go in for an ultrasound at 32 week. Telemedicine again at 34 weeks then idk! 
  • I have an appointment on the 14th (next week). I will be 30 weeks and it will be 5 weeks since I last saw my dr. They wanted to do a video appointment but I mentioned I hadn’t been seen in awhile, so they are keeping the in office visit. For some reason I’m not scheduled on the regular weeks. The next appt after that will be video conference. 
    Also, I have to go by myself and will be screened by telephone the day before and before entering the building before I go in.

• @carpediem55 I'm not on regular weeks either because my first appointments were based on my due date at intake but it got moved after my dating ultrasound.

I went in on Monday. They were going to move to alternating evisits and office visits every two weeks, but they wanted to see me at 32 weeks so I'll go in in 3 weeks then start that if they haven't lessened precautions by then.  
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • I had my 28 week appointment yesterday. Everything seems fine at the moment. No GD, baby is laying transverse so hopefully he keeps turning. They are watching my blood pressure closely especially since my feet were SO swollen just from sitting at my desk and driving to the appointment. I get to take my heart monitor off a week from today and will find out if the heart palpitations are something to worry about. I can't wait to get this stupid thing off.
  • Had my 31 + 5 day check up today. All good! Gained 4.4 pounds since last month, heard the heartbeat, got the glucose and bloodwork results and all is perfect! I am supposed to go ever 2 weeks now, but they changed it to 3 weeks because they don’t want people in so often. There were a lot of precautions in place in the building. When you arrive they lock the door. Let you in 1 at a time. Ask you a ton of questions - woman is wearing a gown, gloves, face shield, and mask under with a hat. Gives you hand sanitizer. You bring your urine sample to the lab downstairs and wait outside. They give you the results and ask to to tell the nurse. When you get there they take your name and not your Medicare card. Seats are spaced out. Receptionists are behind glass with masks. There are taped out squares on the ground where you can stand. Every second chair is taped off so no one can sit next to you. Dr who normally wear fancy dresses and high heels was wearing scrubs, mask, full face shield, and hair in a scrub hat. They don’t print your next apt time out anymore. was really a weird feeling. A lot has changed in a month! I also got laid off this week because of lack of sales/work due to Covid. So I have to apply for EI and then in about 6-8 weeks go on mat leave and file for that. It is a temporary lay off. But most likely won’t be called back until after mat leave assuming all goes back to normal by then. 
  • I've had my gauntlet of appointments for this week. 28 week appointment (everything's great) and Tdap, growth scan (little guy is back at the 50th %ile for size!), GD check in (numbers are great, keep on keeping on and remember that there's a rise in insulin resistance coming). I gained 2lbs, but I strongly suspect that's because they switched my location and the scales are just different.  But all of that is attributable to baby's growth, which is enough on track that I get a 3 week reprieve from being nagged about my net weight loss. YAY!

My next growth scan isn't for 6 weeks, since they're pushing everything out, and my next OB appt is at 32 weeks. FX things keep going smoothly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish they were spreading my appointments our a little more.  I am in NY and going to appointments is really stressful right now since we are (hopefully) at the peak of this thing.  Since I am almost 40 and seeing a high risk doctor, I am having an ultrasound every 3 weeks, in addition to my biweekly appointments.  Last week, I was able to do both at the same time, but that didn't work out this time. 
  • Had my 31 week appointment today! First time leaving my house in weeks...They handed me a mask the second I walked through the door, and took my temp before I could even get in the elevator. Strong heartbeat and belly measured a little big at 33cm. Should be having appointments every 2 weeks now, but they have no concerns so I’m not having another appointment until 36 weeks when they test for strep.

Does your OB test your urine every appointment? They checked mine once at 11 weeks...seems odd they haven’t again? 
  • @humblebumble123 good news! Yes, I have to do a urine sample at every appointment which is standard for my ob. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Yes, my doctor checks urine every appointment. 
  • Yes, I get a urine test every time.  But after next week's appointment (30) I don't go back in person until 36/group B strep so I'll miss those.
  • Just scheduled my next check-up for May 1, when I'll be 34 weeks. Last time I saw my midwife was on 3/19. 6 weeks between appts will be the longest I've gone all pregnancy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't had a urine test since hcg testing in the beginning of my pregnancy. 

I called my doctor to let her know what's going on with my husband and she had me not come in for my 32 week. I'll go for my 34 week after next. I am curious how baby girl is laying. I think she's head down because of pelvic pain but who knows. Life is so surreal lately. I'm not ready for a second kid right now 😭
  • Yes. They have checked my urine every single appointment except my 1st one. 
  • So sorry to hear about you getting laid off, @spvern. :disappointed:

They test urine at every visit for me too. 

I was so focused on all the weird new COVID things that I forgot to mention the news from my last appointment that baby is now head down! Good to know... I guess all the low kicks are actually low punches. 
  • They check my urine at every appointment as well.  I skipped my 28 week appt due to covid, but decided to go for my 30 week.  I go next week for a growth ultrasound, then my 32 week and 34 week checkups will be on video chat.  They want me to go in to the office weekly starting at 36 weeks, which makes me nervous, but I know they are being safe and taking all precautions. All patients are required to wear masks and gloves now and we need to have our temp checked before we can even enter the building.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Had my growth ultrasound today, 32 weeks and 2 days. From what I could tell he's measuring perfect. He's head down and looked great. 
  • @FigTreeMama thanks so much. Had my last day already. Doesn’t feel real. I already applied for employment insurance yesterday. 
  • Attempted my first telehealth visit today. Sat in the video waiting room for half an hour before giving up lol. Thankfully a resident called a while later and we just did a phone chat. I found that her questions were a lot more thorough over the phone than they typically are in person, so that made me feel better about alternating my appointments like this! They also are giving me a note to go off work on medical leave because of my back pain, so I’m super thankful.

and I went last week to do my tdap only to find out the pharmacies aren’t doing injections anymore. Thankfully my family doctor is wonderful and is going to come into the clinic on Friday to give it to me!
  • I am in Canada with a midwife and find I don’t have nearly as many tests or scans. Never had my urine analyzed other than to test for pregnancy. I didn’t do the glucose test because I had a random blood draw that said my levels were low at the time. I don’t recall getting any shots or vaccines with my last pregnancy. It feels a little strange. I meet with my OB next week to find out our C-section date.
  • I passed my 3 hr glucose! That was a relief. We are all masked up for every appointment now for the last month but I'm still so surprised when I see pregnant patients walking in without masks. Next appt is Tuesday and we will schedule my csect although I secretly hope I just go into labor on my own and am forced to have a vag delivery (safely, of course). 
  • @kakesworld Congrats on passing the three hour! 

My appointment for next week has been moved from the office 15 minutes away that I do not need to take an elevator at to the one that is 45 minutes away and on the seventh floor. I am annoyed, but at least they did not cancel my ultrasound completely. 
  • @bluehydrangea17 That is annoying!! Happy you get your ultrasound though.
  • @MssyMmmy i‘m also in Canada, but not with a mid wife. I have my urine tested at each appointment. I did the glucose test, and they checked the blood for other things as well. I had 2 vaccines, 1. Whinro because I’m negative blood type. 2. Whooping cough vaccine.