June 2020 Moms

April Randoms!

Random thoughts go here!

Re: April Randoms!

• I have officially reached the point in pregnancy where I do not sleep at night, I just take a couple extended naps. Add in a teething toddler and I am le tired. 
  • My hips/pelvis have started to bother me quite a bit. I try to walk a couple of miles a day, but any added distance or more strenuous activity leaves me pretty sore. My mom thinks this might mean Grace is coming a little early, but I really think it’s just the reality of being 7 months pregnant and chasing/carrying an 18 month old!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have officially reached the point in pregnancy where I do not sleep at night, I just take a couple extended naps. Add in a teething toddler and I am le tired. 
    Ditto. I feel this so much. Takes me am hour to get back to sleep after peeing. And idk what's going on with my kids exactly but a month ago they were both sleeping thru the night. Now they take turns waking each other up. Even though my husband is the one going in there - I wake up to everything. Toddler is teething, but preschooler feels like he's just inventing crap to see dad for 5 seconds.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also on the exhausted bus. I wake up a million times to pee and then have the hardest time finding a spot where I’m comfortable and not in pain.

The back pain and round ligament pain have been out of control the past couple days. On Saturday I was having cramping and I was super freaked out about preterm labour (turns out it was just from the A&W I had from lunch lmao). But I’m 24/7 uncomfortable at the very least (excruciating pain at the worst) and I’m over it. 
  • Also exhausted! I wake up approximately 800 times a night to pee. I get heartburn every night no matter what I eat or drink and when I lay on my sides, I get pain in my ribs that prevent me from sleeping. I now have to sleep on top of 4 pillows to keep my body somewhat upright. I can never get comfortable this way but at least it helps with the heartburn and rib pain.
  • Add to me to the exhausted and uncomfortable group.

Good news is I passed my three hour glucose. Bad news is I had to return today because the lab did not draw all of the tests they were supposed to. Particularly annoying when I don’t want to leave the house frequently. 
  • @bluehydrangea17 I'm glad you passed the 3 hour - I had to do it three weeks ago basically at the start of this craziness and passed, too.  It was such a relief.  I feel so bad for the moms dealing with GD on top of everything else going on.  Sucks that you had to go back for more lab work though :(  Hopefully they had you in and out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @diagonalley! I am glad you passed also! It would definitely be rough to deal with GD on top of everything else. My heart goes out to those who are dealing with it. They got me in and out the second time within about 15 minutes which was great. They also had me wait in my car for the 3 hour so exposure was minimal both times. 
  • mariabelemariabele member
    edited April 2020
    I am in the same boat as everyone else with the night-time discomfort. Just switching positions is awful. My sleep was never good but, at just under 31 weeks, I feel ready to have this baby already!! (Although not really, because I know it's too early! :P)

@bluehydrangea17 @diagonalley hurray for passing the 3 hour! It's definitely a weight off the shoulders.
  • I am also so tired and uncomfortable! The nights lately are really hard to stay asleep...I have rib pain, back pain, restless legs... 

@runwmusic I’m sorry to hear about your hubby! I hope you stay safe and he gets better soon!
  • @runwmusic that sounds incredibly hard and incredibly lonely. I hope you’re doing OK!

anyome else know for A fact baby is breech right now because of the way their head is sticking in your ribs? This girl has been doing flips constantly but seems to have landed in this position and it makes it hard to breathe!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @runwmusic Wow, I'm sorry. That's ridiculously hard. I hate how hard it is to get tested. Very scary for you too. Hang in there.

@alli392 Well, I don't know exactly for a fact but my previous two babies were breech (confirmed in so so so many ways) and head was pressed into ribs and very forward/out on my belly in my case. Legs moved around day to day - sometimes by face sometimes under butt sometimes straight out front or crossed. This baby has same position per my midwife at last appointment, not confirmed with ultrasound. And I feel the same painful very hard head lump in same place.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know baby boy is breech with his head by my right rib.  While I cant feel a hard lump.  I get pain there on and off.  My daughter stayed in the same exact position.  I also feel kicks up high and down low, so I dont feel like I would know if he flips.  I dont predict he will. 
  • Just had my second scan for low set plasenta and it still hasnt moved... bit frusterating as it means more scans and appts. Not really what i need/ want at this stage.. 30 weks with 2 kids at home ...
    Midwife has scheduled a obgyn consult to see how to proceede
  • Well she flipped for the morning some other direction and then is back to her head in my ribs for evening time. Hopefully she gets the memo soon-almost 31 weeks and she’s getting too big for that!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • alli392 said:
    Well she flipped for the morning some other direction and then is back to her head in my ribs for evening time. Hopefully she gets the memo soon-almost 31 weeks and she’s getting too big for that!
    My first never flipped, but my second didn't flip until 36+something, just before 37 weeks either way. And I have a super short torso.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • On babies flipping: when I delivered my second I was in labor and even though she was head down and I was 8cm, the midwife said baby was ballotable because she wasn't fully engaged yet and could still flip (to breech, in my case) and they were making sure the doctor on call was available just in case.  So if she could still flip at 39W4D...there's hope for any currently breech for quite some time.

• Currently watching the tv special about the making of modern family and weeping. And I like modern family but it’s not like I’m a die hard fan. What is life lol.
  • Definitely getting more uncomfortable overall, especially while sleeping.  Is anyone else also getting those super painful leg cramps in the calf in the middle of the night that wake you up out of a good sleep?  Those sure aren't fun!  Especially, when they can be so intense that your calf is sore when walking the next day.  Sometimes I go for over a week with none and sometimes it's every night, up to three times a night.

Another not-so-fun or cute pregnancy thing that has "popped" up recently...hemorroids are the real deal, folks.  I had read that they can happen, but never thought that would be a problem for me.  Well, this week things are getting real, real uncomfortable that is, especially when I spend a lot of time lately sitting at my desk working on the computer to read and reply to a million emails per day regarding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our business.  Thinking I'll try soaking in a warm bath, but worried that sitting on the hard tub floor will not be helpful.  Any suggestions in that "department" are much appreciated.
  • @preggoeggo2345 calf motn cramps started this week for me. It's awful! Tuck pads are great for hemeroids and post partum recovery. 
  • @preggoeggo2345 Make sure you are drinking enough water and ask your doctor/midwife about adding magnesium. I take 250mg a day because my prenatal doesn't have a lot of magnesium and I can tell if I miss it for even a day both with cramps and constipation.  Another suggestion I got was to drink some tonic water before bed. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @runwmusic @horsesmeetbaby Thanks for the suggestions!  Tucks sound useful in all kinds of ways.  I'll order some online asap.  It's weird to me since I don't have any constipation issues, but I am very petite with this huge belly.  It seemed to really start when I felt baby drop into position two weeks ago.  There's a lot of pressure on everything down there!

I'll ask dr about magnesium too, but when I told them about the leg cramps months ago, they just blew it off.  Honestly, seems like just a problem with circulation for me ( petite body vs. enormous belly lol).  Lately the lower legs have been swelling going purple and tingly sometimes, too.  Anyone else having circulation/swelling issues?
  • Heyyyy everyone- I’m going to work on catching up this weekend. I realise that most of my updates are covid related so I’ll post in that thread and then work and catching up everywhere else!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runwmusic I hope your DH starts to feel better soon (if not already!). I hate how difficult it is to get tested.

@preggoeggo2345 hopefully because they’re not constipation related they’ll just go away on their own once baby is here! I got them after DD because of constipation and they took forever to go away (like 8 months 😳😱). AWFUL!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have one that's been present since my oldest was born. I got a few more during delivery with number 2 but those went away in a couple of weeks. I'm going to see where I'm at a year after this birth and then knowing it's my last get any remaining fixed then. And start PT to try to see how far I can fix my pelvis.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Did the FB thread get deleted!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley I noticed that. It was here when i made my return from hiatus this morning and gone when I looked again! I thought maybe I was blocked from it 😅😅😅😅 (kidding but a little not)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @diagonalley @hayhay2501 weird! It looks like it was. 

Here is the update... We have 2 admins in as of now. Members will need to pm me their email address on here and as long as there is no concerns from the admins you will get an invite on Facebook to join.  There is a basic set of rules in place to promote civility and active participants.  All members will need to post a picture to the group of yourself holding a ruler/tape measure and a sign with your bump user name on it.  Our goal is to have the group ready to go by next week, we may be tweaking things until then. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @preggoeggo2345 take 2 tums and 8oz of water before bed and it should help with the leg cramps.  This is the only thing that helps with mine which sound very similar to yours...sore for days afterward.  Also if you work on your feet alot wear compression socks.  I notice I have so many more cramps if I work without my compression socks.  
  • TMI maybe so sorry in advance but anyone else’s boobs feel super full already? It’s not all the time but there are points where they hurt like they did when my milk came in with DS. Obviously not exactly the same but holy cow. Wishful thinking to hope that this means a better supply and bf experience this time around! 
  • Happy Easter/Passover/Spring all!  We're supposed to have lovely weather today followed by a mess of wind and rain tomorrow.  Life is a little different this year, but I hope you are all finding a way to enjoy the day.
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @chaos-and-coffee Yes! I was just telling DH this thr other night. It's not all the time but sometimes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Omg I’ve started getting lightening crotch (what a name lol). And it’s so painful!! Another thing that definitely started a lot later with my first pregnancy 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee. Yes! I need a really supportive bra right now because my boobs are so heavy but every bra I own is putting too much pressure on my rib cage (even wireless ones), which is very sore right now. Anyone have any bra recommendations?
  • Omg I’ve started getting lightening crotch (what a name lol). And it’s so painful!! Another thing that definitely started a lot later with my first pregnancy 
    Oh God, yes! I've gotten it a few times in the last few weeks and I forgot how awful it is! Just have to keep reminding ourselves that it's a sign that the finish line isn't far away!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @lilaros I got one of the auden brand ones from target a while ago and love it! I might order a couple more in a size up for right after delivery. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee Yes, mine are feeling heavier...not full yet, but so heavy.  I'll throw this out there, letdown and nursing contractions were much stronger the second time and I've heard they're even stronger the third.
  • @chaos-and-coffee yess I was just telling hubby that my boobs feel engorged 😟 I hope this means I’ll have good supply for baby like I did for my first. I don’t think I ever fully dried up from nursing her. I stopped 2 years ago and the milk feeling never fully went away! 😳
  • @lilaros I am still using these from my last pregnancy. They held up well and are super comfortable!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YGSE7PG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_aAkLEbZH3NWAV