1st Trimester
Options

What are your expiriences with morning sickness

Is anyone suffering with me? I've had morning sickness all day since week five of my pregnancy. If I don't eat I'm sick, if I do eat I'm sick. My doctor has had me on three different medicines of which non worked. I had to be hospitalized once for fluids. I'm hoping and praying that this will be over soon. I am 11 weeks. All I want to do is sleep it away. What are everyone else's expiriences with morning sickness? 

Re: What are your expiriences with morning sickness

• Options
    I’m right there with you! My first I wasn’t sick or nauseous at all through my whole pregnancy. This second time around is kicking my butt already. Nausea kicked in hard at 5 weeks. No throwing up because I pretty much will do anything not to throw up but definitely have felt like I was going too! I found eating smaller more frequent meals has helped a bit but no where near what I’m looking for. I’m going to try the sea sick bands and b6 vitamins I’ve heard those have helped some women. 
  • Options
    Ohhh I feel your pain😓 I'm so sorry I feel so bad, PREGNANCY NAUSEA IS HANDS DOWN THE WORSE feeling ever! I'm going through the same thing, I'm 6wks was just in the ER the other day for dehydration and the same I can't keep food down, all of a sudden I lost my apetite, they prescribed me Metoclopramide 4x a day, so far it's helping a little.

Have you been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum?
          ... I'm so sorry please hang in there, I'll pray for you that it passes, but trust me all these feelings of nausea and fatigue is normal, pregnancy won't last forever but I agree this is a tough time, I am not comfortable or enjoying any of this 😖
    But they say it will pass and hopefully get better,easier manageable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everything sets me off. The smells, foods I’ve eaten previously, the idea of some foods. The smell of dog food, the smell of my air freshener, the smell of the air in my living room. Everrrryyyythinggggg. I’m so ready for this part to be over. I’m not even worried about swelling up anymore. Give me watery ankles, just take this nausea! 
  • Options
    Absolutely no symptoms.  Around 6 weeks I got headaches for a few days. 
  • Options
    Absolutely no symptoms.  Around 6 weeks I got headaches for a few days. 
    A missed period is a symptom.  It was the only symptom I had until I got a migraine in 2nd tri - 1st one ever.
  • Options
    It sucks period! 

• Options
    WHEN DOES IT STOP! im so sad about being nauseas all day long every day. also the same--if i don't eat i am VERY sick, if i do eat, it comes back minutes later in which im really holding it back. 
    i think i would be fine if smells weren't 10x as strong as they really are. anything I smell is just an immediate reaction to throw up. everything smells so awful-EVERYTHING.
    is anyone else struggling with smells??
  • Options
    @nursesnursing. Have you tried frozen smoothies?  In the past, that has been the only way I can keep food down.  It is cold (so it doesn't smell as strongly) and goes down more like a drink.  I hope you feel better soon.  It is rough!
  • Options
    @tspicer we are due Dec 3rd. Just found out its twins. I'm not sure why its "morning" sickness. When mine hits, it is ALL DAY LONG. Only relief I've found yet is Zofran in the morning with B6 through the day. Praying that when we hit second trimester that this will be like a bad dream and I can start to enjoy being pregnant. Praying for you to find relief!!
  • Options
    I’m going on 7 weeks in 2 days and my morning sickness is on and off. Some days I feel ok and the next day I have huge headaches, nausea, dizziness and super tired. The smell of coffee and certain foods make feel and super nauseous! I used to love the smell of coffee! Lol this is my first pregnancy and it’s kicking my butt so far! The only thing that has kind of helped me get through it is sleeping. 
  • Options
    lougirl3lougirl3 member
    edited May 2020
    So far the only things that go down and stay down seem to be frozen blueberries with milk and licorice root tea... Smells are intense in all regards. I normally love candles and now even un-lit ones are intense for me. I tried to clean the kitchen the other day and went running to vomit 3x before I gave up.