August 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 3/30

Re: Weekly randoms 3/30

• Options
    @sarah0985 +1 recommend searching for butt baby, but make sure you have a bit of time to read it 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Butt baby is gold! And, yes, it's exactly what you're thinking. 
  • Options
    RedBaramidRedBaramid member
    edited April 2020
    Oh man I remember the July14 drama spilling into the world I had no idea it would be so epic we would talk about it in 2020. I was a September 14 momma and I am pretty sure I remember people getting banned for talking about it. I wasn't as active there as I am here because I was working third shift during that pregnancy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know there’s more awesome threads but I can’t think of them. Back in the day of the Wild West of the bump was some chaos!
    was June 14 the lesbian catfish? I remember a lesbian couple catfish story but can’t think what month/year it was 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    @wednesdaygirl1019 We have a small garden - last year was our first summer in this house and we were most successful with zucchini, yellow squash, tomatillos, some early peas. Got a couple jalapeños and other spicy peppers. Not successful with the eggplant, and the tomatoes were only so-so, I think I didn’t water them enough. We also have a marionberry and an artichoke plant that were here when we moved in and come back every year!

Over this past winter our garden space got taken over by grass and weeds. :( Was going to rent a tiller, but not doing that now I guess. We have one raised box, so I figure I can handle getting that one ready by hand at least, I hope. Think I’m going to try to start some pea seeds indoors next week, I’ve never started from seeds!
  • Options
    @rivercitynik The first raised garden bed DH and I ever made was out of cinder blocks! We laid them in out in the shape we wanted and it worked beautifully for a few years until we moved. I put marigolds in some of the holes in the blocks to help with bug control and to add a little color. The one raised bed we have now is made out of wood. I bet Youtube has some tutorials on how to make them cheap and easy.

@viola_mama An artichoke plant sounds fun! Those don't grow in my zone, at least I've never seen them. I hope you have success starting seeds indoors, I was not successful the year I tried that. Now I stick to buying small plants from the garden center.

@coldlife You could always try container growing! I plan to try some herbs in containers this year, and I have seen people grow tomatoes in pots with good success. 

@charhar0820 I wouldn't say I have a super green thumb. I definitely have killed a LOT of plants, or waited too long to harvest and they'd already gone to seed. Also some plants are definitely easier than others, so I try to stick to those when possible!

@BusinessWife @ziggymama06 I usually only do summer crops here (tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers, cucumbers). I have one raised garden bed to use. I am putting radish and carrot seeds in the ground tomorrow, neither of which I have grown before but I love them so hoping I have good success! My catnip came back from last year, which the neighborhood cats (and my own) will be happy to hear. So did my chives; I really need to find a way to use those more. I'm also planning to try some container stuff, mostly some herbs since I've only had really good luck with basil in the past (and the chives, but it helps that those are perennial where I live). 

• Options
    I've never done vegetables but aspire to if we can build a raised garden away from my destructive dogs. We do lots of flowers! It's always a fun time of year to pick out our plants and work on the Spring landscaping. This year we are starting a few flowers from seeds for the first time ever. So far so good 🤞 I'm hoping they will survive so we can transfer them to our flower boxes. 
  • Options
    @RedBaramid DH and I keep trying to have mini "date nights" over dinner and finally threw in the towel -- we need to not talk to each other right now. Movies are perfect.

@samsonator So hard when our four-legged friends are sick and we don't know what to do for them. I hope he's on the mend, soon, and that he gets to celebrate his birthday properly when feeling better.

@wednesdaygirl1019 We have a garden! Well, DH does, I just act enthusiastic when he provides his daily updates. :) It's small - herbs, tomatoes and some swiss chard. The herbs (dill, oregano, parsley, cilantro, thyme, basil) are awesome and I feel like really do save us money at the grocery store. The tomatoes not so much...we still haven't figured out how to save them from birds and critters...but they make DH happy.
  • Options
    @blackgirlmagic Thanks, lady! I usually try to put him down right after lunchtime. I'm not sure if he would go for the late morning nap like his sister, but I could always try. Typically, I'll put him down, he'll immediately get up when I close the door, play quietly for about 20 minutes or so, then start screaming from behind his gate (his room is near a staircase, so we installed a gate) that he's ready to come down. He'll do that for as long as it takes, progressively getting louder and angrier. The kid has some stamina, and eventually I'll just give in, because I know he's not going to give up. 

He was up before 6:30 this morning, so he should be a lot of fun come bedtime again this evening. 😅
  • Options
    @viola_mama oh man, that is great!  Objects on Chewy may not appear the same size in real life... 🤣👍👍 
  • Options
    @RedBaramid I'm watching Onward right now! It's cute! 
    The last 2 weekends I have done a movie marathon of a series. I couldn't come with a series of movies for this weekend so I'm currently winging it and seeing what sounds good. 
  • Options
    Has anyone used HelloBello for diapers and wipes? 
  • Options
    @charhar0820 I have not personally since we do cloth primarily, but I've only heard good things about them! 

@WishesSheCouldCook I'm envious of your morning alone time. I keep setting my alarm and not getting up. I need to be better about that this week. 
  • Options
    @lachnessmomster It's funny what is sold out in some places and not in others. There are plenty of nappies and wipes here but I can't get tinned tomatoes or flour at all.
  • Options
    @cornichonmam SAME HERE WITH THE FLOUR! I'm currently rationing my supply, because once it runs out, who knows when I'll find any again. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @lachnessmomster and @cornichonmam Flour was just friggen GONE here too, until my husband braved the international market instead of the Aldi for our regular stuff since he was desperately missing some regular ingredients we had long run out of. He couldn't find flour in the regular baking area but when he went to the Japanese section of the market he was able to a bag of all purpose wheat flour. It's getting the job done here for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker