Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I think I'm having another m/c

mytruelovesmytrueloves member
edited November 2019 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Hi everyone. I know that there's no really knowing what's going on with me without seeing my doctor but I just needed a place to talk this out and maybe see if anyone has had a similar experience. 

I got my bfp at 3+4. It was a faint line, but clearly visible with the naked eye, definitely pink, and darker than the line I'd gotten the day before. A week later, I decided I wanted a clear positive, so I bought a pack of digitals and a cheap equate test. Took 1 digital and the equate when I got home and both were very clearly negative. I tried to shrug it off cause it was later in the day. But I took the other digital this morning with FMU and it was also negative. I would be 4+6 at the time of the test.

This would be my 3rd miscarriage. But I'm slightly confused because I'm still having all my first tri symptoms, mostly really intense morning sickness. If my hcg is now too low for a pregnancy test to pick it up, why am I still having symptoms?  With my previous losses, I lost symptoms before getting a negative test. 

I would appreciate any input. I tried to Google a few different ways but nothing comes up that's particularly helpful.

ETA: We conceived using a donor so my dating can't possibly be off. 
Ladybug - April 2013
Dandelion - October 2018
Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
Angel "Violet" - March 2022
Baby Dove due March 2023

Re: I think I'm having another m/c

• Options
    If you've had 2 MCs, why did you not call your doctor to have beta HCG tests done as soon as you found out?  There's really no way to find out what is happening with you until you see a doctor and get some blood tests.  If the blood tests come back negative, at this point, they will probably tell you you were never PG.  A positive test at 3+4 is pretty early, how many DPO were you?

Also, after MC your cycles can be extremely wonky. I had some cycles where I was NOT PG but had morning sickness and other first tri symptoms were SO bad I would've sworn I was PG except tests were negative and I started bleeding like a stuck pig.  So, there's really no way to know if you aren't tracking and you haven't seen a doctor.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    @capnjackharkness none of my miscarriages were recent (1 in 2011 and 1 in early 2018) so it's not possible for a miscarriage to be screwing with my timeline or symptoms. I wasn't asking for a diagnosis in my post, I put that disclaimer at the very beginning.
     "I know that there's no really knowing what's going on with me without seeing my doctor but I just needed a place to talk this out and maybe see if anyone has had a similar experience."
    I was looking for similar stories to know that I was not alone in my experience and maybe the answer to one question I was confused about, because my doctor could not get me in that same day.

Not that I need to update or anything but 24 hours later, I have been to my doctor. I have a confirmed pregnancy and confirmed miscarriage.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, though. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for your losses and that you're going through it again.  With many of my MCs (I've had 5) I had PG symptoms even after I had started bleeding and cramping to lose the baby.  So it is very common.  It sucks.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    @capnjackharkness It really does. Thank you <3
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Were your MCs early on? Chemicals? I’ve had 2 chemicals in a row (the only 2 times I’ve been pregnant) so it’s pretty devastating. How many did you have in a row until a healthy pregnancy? Did you seek help, and after how many? 
  • Options
    In the past 6 years I've had 6 pregnancies and 2 healthy boys. It can happen. Sometimes I'm so in tune with my body I test too early, get that positive, only to suffer the loss. I finally got to the point where I stopped testing until I felt I was over 2 weeks late.