November 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in 03/15

I hope it’s ok that I’ve gotten this started. I’ve unfortunately noticed several other loss moms in the other thread and wanted us to have a place to talk with others who might understand . 

How far along are you?

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination?

Re: PGAL Check-in 03/15

• @mimser Good job getting this going! Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of us who have experienced losses.

How far along are you? 6w4d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Early loss at 5w, MMC at 11 weeks, then rainbow baby.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Good, most of the time. Symptoms are mild, which I am very appreciative for, but also make me worried. I usually do pretty good with the PGAL anxiety, but definitely have moments when I can't stand the wait til the first U/S. MH and I are both so excited and I'm so worried about getting our hopes dashed.

Any upcoming appointments? Intake a week from tomorrow, then we'll schedule an U/S. I'm also getting worried that they'll cancel/postpone our appt(s) due to COVID-19.

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? Uh, basically anywhere as long as we have enough money to vacation properly. Whenever we go somewhere we're always stressed about money, which I hate. Ireland, beer tour of Europe or Japan would be high on my list.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• How far along are you? 6w6d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. We had a chemical pregnancy last August. I got a positive at 4 weeks and started to bleed the next day.

Then, 2 cycles later, we got another positive but found out at 8w3d that it was a blighted ovum and I started to naturally miscarry at 9w6d but still had a D&C the next week. 

This pregnancy was our first cycle trying again, we waited 2 cycles. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I have my sore boobs, they come and go, but have been there pretty much every day, but that's about it. I wish I had nausea, but not quite yet I think... . For some reason, I feel less nervous this time, but I reaallly want to meet this baby. I also don't want to go through another miscarriage. I was down for about a month last time.

Any upcoming appointments? My dating ultrasound got pushed back from March 19th to the 23rd because of COVID-19. I had to call another clinic. Part of me wonders if it's irresponsible to get one and I shouldn't just wait for the 1st trimester US... I see my GP again on March 26th. I feel funny getting myself into a clinic too... 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? I almost feel like I've had my dream vacation. We went to Greece last summer. My fiance's family still have a house there and we had the most amazing time just him and I. Let's say I dream we could go back for longer! We would like to go back Summer 2021 with the baby 🤞
  • Loading the player...
  • @hedgepig I'm sorry for your losses and I know what you mean about the mild symptoms... if I could just throw up once...😅
  • How far along are you? 6w2d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. MMC Feb 19 at 10 weeks. LOs heart just stopped beating - pathology came up normal. MC in June 2019 at 10 weeks - this LO was not developing appropriately (at what should have been 8w, was measuring 5w6d, 1 week later was 6w with a heartbeat, a week later measured 6w2d with a low heart rate). I had a d&c on both though with the second I passed most of it at home the weekend before my d&c.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? On-off symptoms. Some sore BBs that come and go. Nausea that also comes and goes. No vomiting. Sciatica in my leg. Emotionally, I'm ok, and then not. I'm very worried. Life is sort of complicated for me ATM and another loss might be extremely crippling for both MH and myself.

Any upcoming appointments? Wed 3/18 for an u/s. Cannot come soon enough, I'm starting to get extremely anxious especially since my symptoms are so inconsistent. Hopefully COVID-19 doesn't close down my RE's office, but I'd expect not.

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? Japan and Singapore.
  • @mimser @laurenmicheley I'm sorry for your losses. FWIW, with DS I had totally mild symptoms the whole way, so it definitely doesn't mean anything to not feel sick. That said, I'd love to have super sore boobs or feel some RLP or something...

At times I'm really good at having a "today I'm pregnant, and nothing I can do will change whether or not I stay that way, so there's no point in worrying" attitude, but other times I am obsessing more about it. It definitely feels harder than with DS, but I have no idea why...
    @mimser I hope your US goes great and doesn't get delayed - I'm way worried that COVID-19 is going to delay appts too.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Happy Sunday, everyone! I saw some other RE moms also, so I wonder if this thread will pick up some steam I know the groups often intersect)

How far along are you? 4+1

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not: This is long: First pregnancy was April 2015, m/c in July at 11.5 weeks for unknown reasons. By the time I went to the hospital I was hemorrhaging, nothing to test, and still somehow not everything was passed... needed a D&C and a laparoscopy in August 2015, Stage 3 endometriosis and softball size endometrioma on right ovary, which was mostly lost. Pregnant again thanks to Letrozole in December 2015, resulting in my beautiful son (currently 3.5 and wild). I BF my son for 2.5 years but still had regular cycles so continued trying, tried clomid with no success in early 2018 but then had a surprise BFP in July 2018. CP, made it to 5+1. IVF cycle started in January 2019, egg retrieval in Feb 2019 resulted in 4 lovely 5 day blasts but only 3 were genetically normal. First two transfer were BFNs/ implantation failure.  I begged my doc to repeat laparoscopy to remove endometriosis and he did in January 2020. Second transfer March 5, BFP 4 days later, blood confirmed at 7 days past transfer. Still waiting to see my doubling time tomorrow, but feeling hopeful!

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I was in shock honestly at the positive test. I never thought it would be possible again due to my endo, but here we are. Starting to feel very nauseous today, which is hopefully a good sign.

Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow morning I get a second blood draw. Because I am an RE patient, I should have draws every 2 days until I reach 1000 HCG (first draw was very early so only 50), but who knows how the office will be affected.

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? I traveled a lot when I was younger, my favorite places were probably Budapest and Berlin. Lots to see and do in both. Now it would probably be a cabin in the woods without working wi-fi!

• I'm starting to freak out today. I noticed my breasts were not sore anymore yesterday and today they feel mushy and deflated. So worried this is happening again. I feel like I'm losing my mind and I'm dragging MH along with me for the ride. Wish I knew for sure that this will be a sticky pregnancy. 
  • @laurenmicheley I felt the same way last Thursday and at the very end of the day they were sore again... Over the last couple days, they aren't very sore in the am and then at night they are more... I wish they could be super painful all the time but I read that it is normal to fluctuate. I hope you feel better soon ❤
  • How far along are you? 4w1d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. 
    I had a MMC in November 2019 (no progression past 5w6d), with a D&C on the 22nd at 9w2d.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?
    My symptoms are on and off: headache, a little nausea, sore boobs, getting tired easily. I'm not throwing up as much as I did right from the beginning in the fall, but I guess there is very little point in comparing.

Emotionally I'm happy! But scared! And anxious about COVID19's potential to overwhelm the healthcare system! And worried my parents might get sick! Also, feeling deep inclination to let all this serve as an excuse to stay in bed all day.

I think I'll feel more confident if/when we see a heartbeat.

Any upcoming appointments? 
    Tomorrow. I'm so glad my OB will see me right away.

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination?
    I'd love to see the Northern Lights!

To all: so sorry for your losses.
  • @laurenmicheley I'm sorry today has been rough. Is there anything you can do to stay extra busy til your US? Give yourself permission to binge a show, or get into a new book, or call a friend? It's hard too, with the social distancing, but I hope the time flies by! What time is your appt on Wed?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• How far along are you? 4w3d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Our 3rd baby, Micah, was born May 15, 2017. We lost him 3 months later, August 22, 2017 to SIDS. By far the hardest thing I have ever been through. In December of the same year, I had a chemical pregnancy. I found out, tests weren't darkening and I started spotting (which never happened to me before during pregnancy), but I told DH with a family photoshoot. The next day I started full on bleeding. I was a little sad, but it was nothing compared to losing Micah. I feel bad for this, but I almost don't even "count" that as a loss as I endured such a major one just months prior.  Then in April 2018 I found out I was pregnant with our rainbow, and I could not dream up a more perfect rainbow baby! This will be our "pot of gold" last baby. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Physically feeling good! Just a little sleepy. Mentally and emotionally I am pretty good. I was much more anxious through my last pregnancy, and this time I am a little nervous, but feel like I will be more relaxed than last time. I also am a little stressed about our housing situation. We currently rent a much too small house for our family of 5... zero storage, and we are all on top of each other all of the time. We are a little behind on rent because of DH getting knee surgery, and while our landlord has been pretty gracious while we try to catch up, I am a little overwhelmed with trying to catch up AND get into a position to buy a house, which we were already really hoping to be able to do this year. Now even more so. I am a little nervous about how it will be received when we let the word out about this pregnancy, because the family we rent from is one we see regularly and are friends with on FB. 

Any upcoming appointments?  Need to call and make one! :) 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? I've been a couple few places I would like to go back to-- Peru and Kenya-- but my number one dream destination is Ireland.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mimser Thanks. Just waiting around until Weds. I hope I'm wrong, but am not anticipating I am.

@hedgepig Thanks. Been trying to kill time, but it's quite a difficult task when in quarantine (or social distancing - whatever you want to call it, I'm stuck at home). My appointment is at 8:30am tomorrow so all I have to do is get through the day.
  • Thinking of you @laurenmicheley , I hope everything is ok.
  • @laurenmicheley keep us posted 🤞
  • Thinking of you this morning @laurenmicheley - FX for a great scan! Please keep us updated!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• bserenabserena member
    edited March 2020
    ETA: *lurking*

@laurenmicheley sending positive thoughts your way!!! I hope you have a great scan and get all good news <3
  • Yay for a good ultrasound @laurenmicheley !!
  • @laurenmicheley so happy to see a good report!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5w1day

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. MMC at 8 ish weeks, found out at 10, spent Christmas Eve in the bathroom.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Physically-Randomly hot, lightheaded. Mentally- focusing on other things right now.

Any upcoming appointments? 2nd set of labs later today. Hcg was 3500, progesterone 9.9.

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? I'd love to go to Bali, or somewhere similar 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @laurenmicheley so glad to hear it!