October 2020 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• I had a house warming party and a few sips of wine made me sick and my boobs were extremely tender so I peed on 3 tests. However I am hoping someone can give advice. This is my second pregnancy, my son is 7 though so it had been awhile, my estimated delivery date based on my last period is Oct. 24th, which makes me 6 and a half weeks, but I have a visible belly just as of this week, I thought it could be bloating but when I look back at my period tracker I am almost convinced I'm closer to 9 weeks along. Is anyone else around 6 weeks and showing?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all!! First time mom here! Just got my first positive pregnancy tests a few days ago and couldn't be more excited!! 
  • Hi ladies! I’m Gianna, my EDD is 10/7! I found out a few days after a missed period. We are first time parents & very excited! I’m looking forward to reading everyones advice, feelings, symptoms, etc & congratulations!!! 
  • Hi, 

My EDD is 10/29. This will be our third. Our boys are 8 & 9. It’s my 5th pregnancy and the excitement will set in once I get to 12 weeks.  Morning sickness all day is what’s happening right now.  Praying for a healthy baby and pregnancy. 
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited March 2020
    @knottie..... that’s a three week discrepancy so I can’t really help you with that. I don’t have enough info. If your cycles are irregular there is no way of really knowing how far along you are unless you know when you ovulated because you were temping/charting but. If your cycles are average 29-32 day cycles you should be able to narrow it down a bit better than a three week window based off the first day of your last period. Your best bet is to talk to your doctor to help you with dating if you are that unsure. 

Either way you’re not going to be truly showing at 6 or 9 weeks. Your second pregnancy the bloating fills in all those nice stretched out parts of your belly and you almost always look more pregnant than your first time around. 

Also if you stick around change that name so you don’t get lost in the sea of knotties.😉
  • Hi, first pregnancy and still wrapping my mind around having a baby! It happened at the first possible chance after removing IUD. Expected it to take a little longer! I found out Feb 3, a day after my missed period. I'm excited to be having a Libra baby. EDD 10-14 but I am hoping for 10-10-2020!

• @calliah Whoa!  What a surprise!  How did your partner react?
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• *lurking* 

@calliahSo so SO thrilled for you and your family!! O20 is so incredibly lucky to have you!!  Can’t wait to follow you on this journey and welcome a new (honorary) pineapple! ❤️🍍
  • @kboydbowman I think he’s more excited than me, to be honest. But he doesn’t have to be pregnant in the summer again! He’s crossing everything he can that baby is a girl. 
  • What a precious story @s_carlyle24 ! My husband's grandfather passed a few days before my first son was born and it was very special to welcome new life as we said goodbye to him.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • New mom, first pregnancy, I was tracking my cycles closely and took a test morning of missed period and got it confirmed later from my OB. EDD 10/31 for now, but I'm high risk and I'm going to need a cesarean, so real delivery date is to be decided. I'm a bit freaked... husband and I are super happy, but it's a lot. 
  • @aefsparrow we have the same due date, but I will probably go early. This is my third kid, and the first two were early. 

Do you mind sharing what makes you high risk and requiring cesarean?
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Hey there! FTM here & new to the bump! I’m 6wks 5 days (give or take). Had an early ultrasound and they estimated I was freshly 6wks but said I would need to come back for a more accurate EDD. Luckily, though, the heart had already started beating! They said they thought it had just started beating. Everything is so crazy! Haha. I live in North Carolina, am a professional photographer, and my husband is a nephrologist! 
    I have two awesome dogs and am cautiously excited! This is my first pregnancy and I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone  :) 
  • Hello everyone! Total newbie/first-timer here. I'm still firmly in "freaking out" stage. Just got a BFP tonight, completely unexpectedly after 11 YEARS of infertility. We literally tried just about EVERYTHING short of IVF (could not afford it at the time) for 9 years and then just "gave up" and decided to not TRY anymore but not prevent, either. I'm scared spitless and don't know what to do with myself, at this point. I did NOT expect that BFP after so many years. I had accepted that it just wasn't in the cards for us, and just wasn't going to happen. :-( I'm 35 years old and DH is 47....the crazy part is that our daughter (my step-daughter) is currently 6 months pregnant with our first grandchild. Yeahhhhh....just sign us up for 'The Jerry Springer Show'. How freaking weird is that????? 

I'm terrified of how she'll react. She has a short temper and I feel like she's definitely going to be upset and blame me, as if I PLANNED this. Part of me wonders what the heck we're doing? I wanted SOOOO DESPERATELY to get pregnant and have a baby for SOOOO long....and now, i'm just TERRIFIED. I'm scared at how this will affect our lives and our business and if having a baby now is the right decision. But then part of me just thinks that if everyone waited until they were truly READY for a baby...or let every doubt and fear get to them about expecting a baby...well, we'd have died out as a species a long time ago. I'm just so conflicted and scared and confused and it sounds so stupid but after struggling with infertility for so long and accepting and being "over it" and moving on to other pursuits in life...I then feel super guilty that I can't just be HAPPY and enjoy this! To say i'm feeling emotional is a bit of an understatement. 

Anyways....still not 100% when my due-date would be but i'm calculating mid-October. Thank you for letting me vent if you made it through all that (you definitely deserve a cookie!) and I hope to get to know some of you better! ♡ 

• @crazycatlady2020, congrats on your BFP! I hope you have a long and uneventful pregnancy! 
    I really hope your SD isn’t upset. It’s not like you guys are too old to be having kids, especially with you being 35. If she knows anything of your struggles, I would hope she will be sincerely happy for you. And even though the kids will be aunt/uncle and niece/nephew, they will still be so close in age and hopefully have a lifelong friend growing up. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @crazycatlady4 One of my best friends has a niece just a bit older than her and they are extremely close. They grew up like sisters and love the heck out of each other. Hopefully SD can be happy and mature about the situation.

Glad you are here and hope we can lend some support!
  • @aefsparrow welcome and congrats! I hope all goes well.
  • @BLuvsE hi, yes, I actually already had my first prenatal appointment because of my risk factors. I had a TIA (mini stroke) when I was 26, I have a permanent back injury from a car accident and I have a shortened ligament in my hip which has caused it to dislocate twice in my life. I'm pretty much a lemon lol... the hip alone disqualifies me from vaginal birth, and the stroke makes most doctors cringe at me even being pregnant. 
  • @aefsparrow Oh geez, you have your hands full! I'll be praying for a happy and healthy 9 months (or 7 at this point) for you!
  • Hey all!

I’m a first time mom. We found out we were expecting 2/23 after our first IUI post laparoscopy. We’ve been dealing with infertility for 6 years now. I had my 6 week scan today and found out our new EDD is October 30 (previously thought Nov 1). 

I’m a microbiology tech and my husband is an engineer. We’ve been married almost 10 years - our anniversary is October so what a perfect 10 year gift. ;) We have two pups who we love a lot. 
    I enjoy reading, baking, and my bullet journal. I used to run but haven’t really gotten back into it since my surgery and don’t plan to start now. So back to cycling I go! We just ordered a Peloton so I hope to get it’s use, even though the nausea and fatigue is bad right now.

• Hi!

Very excited to be here. EDD is 10/29 based on LMP with an average of a 30 day cycle. This was our 14th cycle trying and this was actually the one month we didn’t “really” try. We splurged and booked a first class trip to Europe for my DH bday and were planning on partying like rockstars! I tested 8dpo truly expecting a negative but of course, a teeny bit hopeful. You know the feeling of trying for a long time..you’re always hopeful. And there it was a faint positive! So early!!! ❤️ First appointment is 3/24! I had an early miscarriage (5.5 weeks) in November so I’m still trying to be cautious and not get too excited yet. Wishing everyone the best of luck and lots of happy & healthy baby prayers. 
  • Hiiii! I have an 8yo DD, and have been married since 2012. I am super excited and nervous at the same time!! I POAS on Sunday and got a negative from the dollar store test, and then 2 BFP from FR digital. Pregnancy was confirmed by blood work however I am still testing negative on the doc office urine test. I am not even sure how far along I am since I O'd mid Feb. I am guessing around 4-5 weeks. It is nice to meet you all and congratulations!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • newlibramamanewlibramama member
    edited March 2020
    First time on this app. I didn't hear about about it till recently. I am first time pregnant with EDD of Oct 15/2020. My husband and I are both excited even though it was a bit of a surprise. We were not trying but were not actively preventing either. I found out Feb 17 and now 9 weeks along. We are both excited for this journey. We have been married less for about 7 months but have been together for more than 8 years. I am already 32, so while it wasnt totally planned, I am really excited now. Looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting each other through this journey!
  • Hi 3rd time momma here, got A positive pregnancy test last Saturday having my first ultrasound this Wednesday to find out exact due date. Due date calculator has me at October 31. I am a 39-year-old California native now living in Arizona, been married 14 years have a beautiful 13-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son. We are all over the moon about this pregnancy, excited to share This journey with you ladies ❤️
  • Hi there!
    Mom to a 2 year old fertility baby. This one is my Husbands first, and we concieved naturally, a heck of a surprise. Due date is Oct 13th, 2020. 
  • Hello! First time mama, EDD 10/30. I had to search for a glossary to decode all of your acronyms. I am 99% sure we conceived 2/7  (EWCM+BD), but BFN FRER on 2/21, and BFP on 3/11 after a little spotting and a lot of feeling weird last week. We had been casually TTC since October 2018, so super excited for my first ob appt next week.

I'm in Austin, Texas (hi @katewithout8), work from home for nonprofit, DH is in tech.
  • FTM here! Had my first ultrasound this morning, SUCH a relief!  7w5d is the official count, and little lump's heart rate was looking good at 150bpm.  Due date is looking like Oct 28 right now (I've been on the Nov 2020 board recently as my LMP had me at Nov 1 and I expected it to be later than that).

So far pregnancy symptoms have been fairly mild, just a little queasy if I don't eat. Fingers crossed it stays like this!
  • Hi! I’m a FTM and this is my first day on this app, but I’ve been using a couple other apps until now. 11 weeks today. My CRL due date (which my doc wants us to go with since I have PCOS and irregular cycles) is 10/05/20! So excited, nervous, happy, all the things. Weeks 4-6 I had cramps, weeks 7 & 8 I had a lot of nausea, and since then my only symptoms have been fatigue and being hungry like every 2-3 hours. I definitely feel like my belly is sticking out / rounding out a bit already. 
    Excited to be part of this community! :) 
  • I guess I'll stop lurking.  EDD 10/12. DS is almost 13 months old. Live in northern VA/DC area. 
  • jgrodo said:
    I guess I'll stop lurking.  EDD 10/12. DS is almost 13 months old. Live in northern VA/DC area. 
    Hello, neighbor! I'm in the coastal VA area (757), so you're not too far from me. :)
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Hi I'm Myriam and I'm from Canada. I've spent the last month in the November 2020 board, but today's ultrasound dates me further along then I thought. EDD is October 30. Assuming it keeps being a healthy pregnancy, this will be our 1st child with our beloved almost 3 years old beagle Oliver. Although it’s all still feeling a bit surreal, I’m excited and thankful, as well as taking it one day at a time, one week at a time and one US at a time as we've had some unfortunate experiences in 2019! I stay busy working out as I used to play volleyball at a competitive level but had to stop when I got pregnant last October and didn't go back when things ended. So now I workout at home (because of COVID-19), do yoga, pilates and barre to stay sane as much of my life revolved around volleyball before!
  • @angela444 Hello! I'm also a FTM with a due date of 10/28! I never thought of joining a board until this week when the reality of it all starting setting in. I work in healthcare and my DH works in mechanics. His 85 yo grandmother lives with us and we have 4 fur babies (2 dogs, 2 cats), so needless to say we already have a house-full but I can't wait until there is some young baby energy in here and little feet running around! We just announced our pregnancy to closest family on Sunday 3/22 and they all took it well. First grandchild for my parents and grandchild #5 for my DH's family. We quit the BCPs just before Christmas and found out about 2 months later with a HPT that we were expecting! So far I haven't had any vomiting, minimal nausea, but lots of fatigue. Definitely food aversions as well. Thought I could never be vegetarian but pregnancy almost proves otherwise! Look forward to getting to know you all.
  • Hi everyone, finally decided to join in. :) I'm a FTM who had been dealing with endo-related IF for awhile. EDD is end of October. Cautiously optimistic now, and looking forward to getting to know the community.
  • @camp4life I needed somewhere to vent and asked questions, it's been extremely helpful as I haven't told any friends yet and therefore have a veeeerrryyy limited support system at the moment.  We just told our parents last weekend (1st grandbaby on both sides) which was awesome!  Waiting until Easter to share the news with a few more people, I'm so excited!  No food aversions here but craving chocolate all the time which isn't normal for me.