November 2020 Moms

Check-in 03/09/20-03/15/20

2»

Re: Check-in 03/09/20-03/15/20

• @memagda thank you! I had a cup this morning and maybe it was just the thought of it, but I felt more energetic at the gym! 

@mami2almost4babies I might just do a small reveal with DH and I. No family around us. 

@crizz13 where abouts are you located? I’m near Seattle and we are having a ton of school closures. 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • EDD/weeks+days: nov 5/ 5w 5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed 

Upcoming appointments: next Thursday 

How are you feeling? Ok. Tired, nauseous, headache,  frequent urination but nothing as bad as with my first

Raves/Rants: being a lot older this time (35) symptoms or lack of symptoms make me nervou . 

Questions: none

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring?
    Chicken to grill, or kabobs, or burgers, potato salad, rice....and because I'm in the mood for it flan
  • Loading the player...
  • @nnpw0419 RIGHT. I mean I may have told my sister to keep asking questions. I mean if she’s guesses it right....?????? (Which she did —I was SO happy she figured it out)
  • aliciaftwaliciaftw member
    edited March 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 5+6 (Nov 6ish)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn according to one of my baby apps lol

Upcoming appointments: I'm in the UK atm and appointments are a wee bit different here. I've seen some of you posting about already going to appointments but my first isn't til April 8th and then my first scan is on April 27th. I guess since this is my first baby and my mom has passed away though, I don't really know what things are like back home either. https://www.nhsinform.scot/ready-steady-baby/pregnancy/your-antenatal-care/your-antenatal-care

How are you feeling? I'm alright. My stomach feels a bit queasy. Sorta stressed about the spotting, but I asked in a couple of pregnancy groups if it could be related to the cyclogest pessaries and it seems like they do cause irritation and spotting.

Raves/Rants: My dad is going in for a cancer screening today, he had a weird test recently. Hopefully it's nothing. I want to tell him I'm pregnant to cheer him up about something and make him excited about the future, but if something goes wrong he'll just be even sadder. I have a lot to get done in the next month for my PhD as well, guess I should be stressed about that too but I just find it difficult to care at this point. haha

Questions: 

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Drinks or something. I can't cook, I'm the person who always grabs drinks or something prepackaged like chips. lol
  • @aliciaftw I hope everything will be ok with your dad 🤞❤
  • @ksdelong20 Don't I know it! Last time we also kept to ourselves the names we were thinking of and it almost broke people's brains that we wouldn't tell them. And yeah, so much advice, much of it about really private medical procedures. It's unbelievable that people don't seem to realize how weird  and inappropriate it is.
  • @aliciaftw I hope everything turns out alright for your dad and you!
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov. 4/ 6wk0days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: 4/1 first appt

How are you feeling? Almost always tired and nauseous lately. The nausea seems to be getting worse every day. 

Raves/Rants: I feel like crap! Work has been challenging lately, as I just don't have the same energy and I'm running to the bathroom in between periods. 

Questions: How bad does the nausea really get? Like, should I be worried about throwing up in the middle of a class? And how do you know if/when to take a sick day?

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Empanadas (if time) or a fruit salad 
  • Thank you @mimser and @potofgolden. It doesn't look great, but it does look like it was caught early.
  • @lovelee3 I'm actually on the opposite coast - Boston area. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • crizz13crizz13 member
    edited March 2020
    @mrsswashbuckle I'm 35 too! 36 once this babe is born and I am feeling apprehensive about being AMA. I called my ob today to set up appointments and all that and she kind of chuckled and said, "You're not old!" so that made me feel better. :-)

@warmwinter I had zero nausea with DD1 and every single day with DD2 on my way to work. I'm actually thinking that we'll have to tell DD1 early if I start throwing up again because she still remembers how I had to keep baggies in the front seat of the car. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my scan today and they moved my EDD to October 30 so this is where I leave everyone.

Best of luck to everyone! 
  • @warmwinter personally my nausea never made me throw up, others are sick occasionally and meds help, a few the entire pregnancy and need IV fluids. It helped me to have something to snack on (pretzel or cracker) to always have a little something in my stomach to keep the nausea at bay
  • HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    edited March 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: November 22 // 3 weeks 4 days
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team GREEN!!
    Baby is the size of a(n): Grain of sea salt
    Upcoming appointments: I am going to schedule a consultation with a midwife for the end of this month.
    How are you feeling? Today, I'm feeling great. I'm constipated, which sucks, but other than that, I'm feeling well!
    Raves/Rants: Nothing really. I've been feeling pretty calm these few days. I haven't told my husband about this baby yet, so I might have a rave (or rant) after that! :D
    Questions: None
    GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Lemon bars
    Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • EDD/weeks+days: November 7th, 5 weeks & 5 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: Had one today, next will be the 25th for another ultrasound

How are you feeling? Good! I am just so glad that my appointment today went well.

Raves/Rants: Just super happy (and nervous). I am really glad I was able to get in and get an early ultrasound just to put my mind at ease.

Questions: None right now.

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Probably vegetarian chili mac (instant pot version). It is my favorite thing to bring to a potluck! Otherwise, my spinach dip.
  • EDD/weeks+days: November 3rd, 6weeks & 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate chip!

Upcoming appointments: April 1.  With my family doctor.  I expect this is when she refers me, and gives me requisitions first an US and bloodwork etc.

How are you feeling? Tired. Queasy. Constipated. Moody. Nervous. EXCITED!!

Raves/Rants:  I’m so bad with keeping secrets.  It’s killing me to not tell our parents - and since we see them often, and usually have a glass of wine - it’s been challenging!

Questions: None yet!

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring?  Mac n Cheese or a taco dip!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 10/29 7+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We will be finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: not until 4/7. 

How are you feeling? Nauseated and exhausted!

Raves/Rants: my son spent the night at his grandparents last night so I slept in sooo late and it was wonderful! 

Questions: nope

probably a fruit salad or chips and dip 
  • EDD/weeks+days: November 22 / 4w0d

Team: finding out!

Baby is the size of a: poppy seed.

Upcoming appointments: I'll call my obgyn tomorrow to set up the first one.

How are you feeling?: Tired, aching breasts, a tinge of nausea.

Raves/Rants: My husband is a gem. Just encouraged me back to bed with a cup of tea after a morning spent unpacking we -- moved house...in JANUARY :smiley:

Questions: Any recommendations for good books on pregnancy?

GTKY: I'd bring eggplants to grill. Halve, score diagonally both ways (creating diamonds), heavy salt for a while, then scrape, drench in olive oil, grill, yum!
  • @katepercy I have SO many pregnancy book recommendations! I actually wrote two posts on my bookblog with mini reviews of four books that I found useful. 

For a general reference book (I found "What to Expect" to be pretty bad and just full of fear mongering information), I really liked "Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide" by Penny Simkin

• @joyfulone86 my edd is 10/29! :)
  • @katepercy Expecting Better by Emily Oster is great, and I loved Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. My number 1 favorite was The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin - good for you and your partner.
    @auburnvelvet86 Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn just went to the top of my book list! I loved The Birth Partner so much, I am sure I want that one too.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @katepercy I'm seconding @hedgepig's recommendations. Expecting Better was fantastic. And I've heard good things about the newest version of Ina May's, it doesn't downplay the pain of birth as much as some of the earlier editions. I also liked Mayo Clinic Guide to Healthy Pregnancy for a week by week and general resource . DH also liked The Expectant Father by Armin Brott and Jennifer Ash
  • @auburnvelvet86 -- thank you for these great recommendations, and for the blog link! (Enjoying the Jane Austen journey now.) My sister is finishing up her MLS this spring, and I appreciated the perk into her librarian world. :) I am going to seek out copies.

@hedgepig and @ksdelong20 thanks! I remember a friend if mine was reading Expecting Better last month, and this will sour me to actually get a copy of that and these others. I appreciate the recs.
  • @auburnvelvet86 I’m going to have to check out Expecting Better.

I casually read What to Expect (pregnancy) with my last 2 pregnancies and didn’t have the urge to go looking for other sources besides the even more frightening Google.  

I did read the first 5 months of What to Expect the 1st Year and I found it super helpful. I wish I would have continued reading the whole book, but life got busy.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    14/11/2020  5w+3d
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    green
    Baby is the size of a(n): 
    no idea
    Upcoming appointments:
    first doctors appointment t for bloods and booking for US referral on Thursday 
    How are you feeling? 
    physically fine , but emotionally concervative after a mc lastyear
    Raves/Rants: 
    -
    Questions: 
    -
    probably desert, a tray of decorated cookies, or a pie .