July 2020 Moms
Options

J20 Weekly Check-In 3/9

2»

Re: J20 Weekly Check-In 3/9

• Options
    @NinnyJean I'm so sorry you had to go to the hospital! Glad you're feeling better now and glad that you have confidence in your care team. That is such a great relief that you don't have to worry about that while growing a human!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I'm glad your anxiety has lessened! That's great news!

@NinnyJean sorry you wound up in the hospital because of your stomach bug! That sounds awful, but I'm glad you're feeling better now.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/10 22+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Guinea Pig 

Upcoming appointments: 03/27 

How are you feeling? Today I am feeling super good, full of energy.... 

Raves/Rants: My belly is so itchy today... which means I will more likely wake up to a bigger belly...

Questions: Has anyone started to feel baby movements super low? like supeeeer low.... hahaha I remember feeling that but I think it was around week 30 or so.....

GTKY: What is a skill you have or something you're really good at? 
    - puzzles
    - singing
    - napping (that has to be a skill)
  • Options
    @mayisch I've definitely already had some kicks to the cervix with this LO. I didn't have a ton of that with DD b/c she was head down. With this baby being breech with the last US, I've felt a lot more a lot lower. Maybe she's flipped around on you and that's why you're feeling things really low already?
  • Options
    @mayisch yep, what @blaf322 said. I'm feeling it really low right now too. Baby was breech at my AS, so I assume she still is. I know there's still plenty of time, but if she could get it together and turn head down, I would much appreciate it. :lol:
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 hahaha I know, I feel like she gonna be waving her hand out of there..... 

@blaf322 yes, I bet she is upside down now... I rather her be kicking my stomach instead :lol:

• Options
    @stlbuckeye132 same, breach for AS and I knew it based off of being kicked in the cervix all day every day lol. However, he was head down by the end of the scan when they did a transvag cervix check. Those suckers flip fast when they want to 😂
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 20+2. 7/26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: officially team blue!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: as long as a popsicle

Upcoming appointments: 4 week Another ultrasound and regular appointment

How are you feeling? Good other than some horrible round ligament pain. 

Raves/Rants: since we found out the gender today H has been totally more on board with everything and actively looking for names. He’s generally a hands off guy. So it’s nice. Rant: I’m so tired of hearing about the coronavirus 😂

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a skill you have or something you're really good at? I’m generally pretty good at organizing and planning Things. Other than that I’m mediocre at a lot. But not really good at anything 😂
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 congrats! Team blue really is taking over this month!
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 Congrats and welcome to #TeamBlue!
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 congratulations on a boy!!
  • Options
    lots of team blue in this group. Congrats @nursejenn5
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 welcome to Team Blue! It’s a pretty large group right about now! Also, I totally hear you on the Coronavirus crap. It’s totally saturating social media and the regular media and its super annoying how I couldn’t get some things I wanted to order for my Target pickup this week! A freaking pack of sanitizing wipes is like gold right now. I ordered double of my usual amount of PDI wipes and gloves at work for the department because I would not be surprised if they’re the next thing to be on a shortage with how much paranoia is out there. 
  • Options
    @kristinl492 the out of stock situations are super annoying. Like, people just want to wipe their butts! Why do you need so much TP?!
    I asked DD's BMB what they're seeing outages of (in areas already impacted) so we can buy a little extra of that, if needed, so we're not without because people are crazy. I also went ahead and bought some infant Tylenol b/c I'm sure we'll have it spreading in our area by the time this baby comes and, apparently, it's tough to find once there's a confirmed case in a particular area.
  • Options
    @blaf322 good to know, I’m ordering some now! We have 6 cases in KY and I think 1-2 where I live, and the shelves are already bare 🙄
    my employer sent out an email that essentially said if associates wish to WFH to avoid exposure for the next month, we can. Part of me wants to pretend to buy into the hysteria and just stay home for the next month lol 
  • Options
    @b_1029 I would 100% being milking the WFH option if I were you. haha shoot, I guess maybe I should get some infant's tylenol too. We just got our first confirmed case in the area last week, so people are going crazy.
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I wish I could, but I’d get literally nothing done haha. I’m at least milking this cold/sinus infection for all it’s worth in terms of WFH but I really am miserable. I feel bad that I’ve had to pop into the office the last 2 days because I have to run a conference call and need my 2nd screen. It feels like everyone is glaring at me while I just die at my desk 😂
  • Options
    @b_1029 oh, I'd deeeefinitely WFH if given the opportunity lol

We have a company of 9, total, without the infrastructure to WFH (literally, NOTHING can be accessed remotely and everything is printed and saved in file cabinets :D ) so it'll never happen here.... whomp whomp.
  • Options
    The only thing that would make me happy to WFH would be if daycare stays open. Since DH and I both work for the state, we will likely only be "WFH" if a state of emergency is declared, and in that case, daycares would likely close too... so I'm team #wompwomp too lol
  • Options
    @meanjellybean oh, same. I have no desire to try to WFH with DD there. She does a good job with independent play sometimes.... and then others she needs someone with her at all times.
  • Options
    kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited March 2020
    @blaf322 good idea with the Tylenol! 

@meanjellybean I would be so down to work from home lol. I’m a natural introvert. However, I work in a hospital. Womp womp. DH already works from home 2 days a week and could totally do it full time if it came to that. He would go a little crazy working from home, I think!
  • Options
    ya, people are crazy out there. there have only been 2 confirmed cases in my state, both from international travel, and none in my county specifically but we cant find TP anywhere. we lucked into so crappy kind from the dollar store to get us through til the amazon order came hahaha. and luckily i am addicted to bath and body works so we have lots of soap and hand sanitizer lol.

my coworker who i share an office with and travel with for work things is going on a cruise to puerto rico/the caribbean in a couple weeks and im worried about that. the cdc and the state dept have advised against cruise travel, and she has some health issues that could make her high risk even though she's not older than 50. im just super worried that she will be exposed to it on her cruise and then bring it back and i will get it, and i have lung issues and i dont want to risk anything that could affect me or baby right now. soooo im trying to decide what to do about it.  :/
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    @knockupthestock glad to hear the AS went well, but I’m sorry it ended on that scary note! That’s a bummer about the lack of profile pic- I’m glad she’s a little wiggle worm though 🤗 so cute!
  • Options
    @knockupthestock I am glad you had a great anatomy scan and I am sorry for the scary news. I am glad you have doctors watching you and baby so close. I totally understand the let down of not having a good profile picture. My little guy won’t give us one either to announce on Facebook. 😕
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 2 / 24 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: eggplant

Upcoming appointments: OB appt 3/17, going to have to do the gestational diabetes test at this appt

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good. My sleep is still being interrupted by hip pain, but overall not bad, just a little tired by the afternoon.

Raves/Rants: I am excited to be at 24 weeks...it is feeling like a right of passage...like now I can have more confidence that I'm going to have a viable baby.

My rant is that work has been really busy and I haven't had time to keep up-to-date on any of the threads.

Questions: is anyone taking a magnesium supplement? I'm going to ask my OB about it next week, but just curious. I want to try to head off feet/leg cramping...I've had a little bit this week.

GTKY: What is a skill you have or something you're really good at? I am a fast reader and a fast puzzler (jigsaw puzzles) as well. Really exciting stuff lol.
  • Options
    @eljames83 I've been taking a magnesium supplement at the recommendation of my OB ever since I could stomach swallowing it (so around 14ish weeks). I will say that I still have a lot of restless legs and am starting to have cramping lol but maybe it would be even worse if I wasn't taking the supplement? I figure there's no harm in it so I'll continue to take it. I've also read about magnesium sprays for cramping/restless legs but haven't asked my OB about them yet.
  • Options
    @eljames83 I was taking magnesium gummies before getting pregnant as needed and have continued to do so. My OB is aware and has no problems with it. Helps me with sleep, anxiety, and/or restless legs. Whatever the problem du jour is. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 10/22w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Coconut

Upcoming appointments: March 23

How are you feeling? Miserable and stressed. We had an appt Tuesday and my sugar/protein levels were high so my ob sent me for the glucose screening early. Found out today I have gestational diabetes and need to test four times a day plus follow a strict diet. 

Raves/Rants: The night before my test I had to fast so I ate dinner at 5:30. At 8:30, DH ate tacos in front of me. I can’t believe I didn’t kill him. My company instituted a mandatory work from home policy. I love working remote so yay! 

Questions: Anyone have/had gestational diabetes? Any tips? I’m stressing out over it. 

GTKY: What is a skill you have or something you're really good at? Planning/project management and organizing. My books are sorted by the Dewey Decimal system. 

I swear I read all the other posts but there’s no way I can reply to them all! Sorry! ❤️
  • Options
    @rjk0427 I’m sorry about the GD diagnosis! I haven’t had it before but I’m sure at least one of the other ladies has... and there’s still time for the rest of us to do our glucose test so odds are you will have company.
  • Options
    Thanks @meanjellybean! Today was day one of finger sticks and while the first one was super hard because I couldn’t get finger to bleed enough, the second one went faster and didn’t involve crying. Small victories! I hope I don’t have much company. Going from eating what I wanted when hungry to timing and watching ever carb/sugar/calorie sucks! My mom keeps telling me that I’ll be a fit momma and it’ll help the baby weight come off so I’m hanging onto that along with a healthy little boy at the end of this journey. 
  • Options
    @eljames83 I am on magnesium it helps with headaches.
  • Options
    @rjk0427 I had GD with my second DD. At first it is very overwhelming with trying to figure out what you can and can’t eat, but it does get easier, Almost becoming second nature. Also your mom is right. The diet helped with my weight gain and also with swelling. I look to have it with this pregnancy as well and I have already been monitoring what I am eating. 
  • Options
    @rjk0427 my fitness pal lets you scan barcodes on items and get all their nutritional facts and has just about everything you could ever want to eat Plus a ton of restaurants. We recommended it to all of our newly diabetic patients and it’s free. 
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I appreciate the encouragement! I’m just struggling with the balance of eating enough of the right stuff and making sure I’m not overeating the wrong stuff. It’s been a lot of protein and veggies with healthy whole wheat/fiber filled carbs thrown in sparingly. 

@beckylookatherbump I downloaded this immediately Friday morning! I’ve used it for weight loss before and love it! I’m glad I was on the right track with that. ☺️